Profile for Mr. L. J. Richardson > Reviews

Content by Mr. L. J. Rich...

Mr. L. J. Richardson

Philips QC5130 Hair Clipper With Adjustable Comb
Philips QC5130 Hair Clipper With Adjustable Comb

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 1 Jan. 2014
After begrudging paying for haircuts every few weeks, I passed the responsibility to my girlfriend a number of years ago. She has been in charge of trimming me and has done a good job. However she has had multiple complaints over the years and purchasing this item was the fifth pair of clippers we had tried. We have finally got a pair that suits her (and thus my!) needs. Why? Well I will address each problem in turn.

1) 'Too heavy' - This was a complaint about previous ones where my partners wrist struggled to do the whole haircut. Well these things are so light it is unbelievable. They are like a toy they are so light.

2) 'Don't cut' - Previous shavers haven't been that good at cutting hair, when we have bought cheap ones. Well these are cheap and cut so easily. Like a knife through butter.

3) 'Get in the way' - Some of our previous ones have been corded. This results in you having to be near a plug and the wire can get in the way. These have the option of being cordless and worked just as well, suffering no lack of power. Problem solved.

4) 'Tricky to change' - My partner sometimes found it tricky to change the clipper size on other ones. And also the guards did get misplaced. With the built in guard in this one, it is simple to do with no risk of losing them. True, I would like more lengths, but I have always said this with previous ones. No guards are cross compatible. Unless every size under the sun is provided, this will always be a minor issue!

5) 'Oily' - We have to oil previous ones. This one self sharpens and needs no oiling!

Overall, these are the best ones she has used she says. And has she is the cutting person, she is the boss!

Highly recommended. We have only had them a month though, so can't comment on longevity.

Universal GPS / Sat Nav Suction Mount Holder for GPS Devices and Mobile Phones
Universal GPS / Sat Nav Suction Mount Holder for GPS Devices and Mobile Phones
Offered by Techccessorize UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Ronseal, 12 Jun. 2013
This is an ugly, brute of an item.

But it does exactly what is required and holds my Navman in a cradle and attaches it to the windscreen firmly. And at a good price.

A quibble I do have though is, due to the size and length of the cradle arm, the Navman is quite far from the windscreen and thus does suffer from shaking when driving and is not completely still.

Original Remote Control URC60231-00R01 for Top-Up boxes Bush, Digihome, Luxor, Sharp, Techwood, Thomson, Wharfedale.
Offered by cherrypickelectronics

5.0 out of 5 stars Fine, 3 Sept. 2010
Item as described and actually feels sturdy than the original one I got with the box.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars One man's meat is another man's poison., 21 April 2010
A funny exercise shoe. They appear to completely restyle your running method. Due to the interchangeable soles and inflexible material they appear to force you to run a certain way....which I hope is a researched positive benefit and not going to give me a knackered back and joints! When I first wore them it felt like I had concrete on my feet as they appeared much heavier than my previous runners. Again, this could be taken in either light, but I saw it as a benefit as a week or so later I was running as far as previously with a heavier shoe which must be better for toning and strengthening.

Overall I think they take some getting used to, but are good. However I would completely understand somebody not liking them and giving a negative review. One man's meat is another man's poison.