Profile for aliflower > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Wears me out!, 8 Jan 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This game came free with my xbox so I didn't expect much of it, but it's great fun and played continously for 30 minutes really gets my heart rate up and those calories burning! I'm addicted to rally ball...but I really need to turn off the photo feature as the photos are less than flattering! I prefer playing this to my specific 'work out' games and it's definitely just as energetic if you throw yourself into it. Great for all the family in my opinion.

Dance Central - Kinect Compatible (Xbox 360)
Dance Central - Kinect Compatible (Xbox 360)
Offered by Game Trade Online
Price: 9.47

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun and exhausting!, 29 Dec 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Oh how I love the Kinect! this game is great, although probably wouldn't be much of a challenge to a trained dancer, to someone like me it's hilarious trying to keep up with the dancing. I'd have liked some more mainstream music but there are enough tracks that i recognise to make this worthwhile.

I've taken off one star because the videos before and after you perform the actual dance are really irritating and would love to be able to skip/turn them off (if someone knows how to do that please tell me and I'll give the other star back!!).

This is definitely a game for your kinect library....just remember to dodge out the way of the sensor when the freestyle bit comes up if you are camera shy ;)

Get-A-Grip Everyday Traction Aid
Get-A-Grip Everyday Traction Aid
Price: 2.52 - 25.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Anti-bambi legs device!, 3 Dec 2010
I've had these since the start of the year (but only got them after the snow and ice had cleared) but not had a chance to use them until now, am so glad I have them! They can be tricky to fit the first couple of times but you do get used to how they should be so quickly you'll realise whether you have them on right or not. You will need two hands to put them on (well I do).

As already mentioned best to avoid areas that aren't iced over as you will wear the spikes down quickly, but even in an area of London where lots of pavements have been cleared and gritted I still needed these for at least 80% of my walk to the tube station - note I did take them off before entering the station (much quicker to remove than put on), the floors in there are slippery enough as it is!

I can't recommend these enough, the allow me to walk properly, at a decent speed and I'm not going to end up with back/leg ache because I've been walking like duck in stilettos...

Dog DeShedding Tool for Large Dogs
Dog DeShedding Tool for Large Dogs
Offered by Lamp-Post Pet Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars What took me so long?!, 15 July 2010
I wish I'd got one of these earlier. I've got a lab with a very short coat and a lab cross with a coarser thicker coat and they have both been shedding like crazy. We've used this on them both a couple of times and now only need to sweep up once or twice a week instead of every day. Plus it's taking the undercoat away so keeping them a bit cooler. Great buy!

Gelert Twister Three Man Tent - Rococco Red/Paloma Grey
Gelert Twister Three Man Tent - Rococco Red/Paloma Grey

4.0 out of 5 stars My camping trips just got a whole lot easier!, 1 Jun 2010
Just had my first outing with the Twister 3 and it endured some strong winds and heavy downpours with ease!

You need to make sure you have the poles under control as you are removing them from the bag so that they don't ping up at you! It just needs a little bit of pressure applied on the poles to bend them towards the middle of the bag which then releases them from the edge of the bag very easily. Putting tent away is pretty simple but again make sure you are flexing the poles so they go back into the bag, I found it easier to just roll it along the floor. Now, unfortunately mine seems to have gone back into the bag in more of an oval than a circle, so I can't zip the bag up fully, but I'm hoping that will get better with use/practise.

Space wise you've got plenty of room for double blow up mattress and space down the side for bits and pieces, and the porch area is about the same size again allowing for cool boxes, wellies etc. Great for one, good for two but you'd have to be very good friends to fit three people in!

Have taken away one star for 2 reasons - 1) the ground sheets are a thin nylon which, whilst it keeps the water out is also very thin and could tear easily. I've bought two of the tougher polythene groundsheets to put down over the top in the hope it'll prolong the life of the tent floor. 2) the carry bag - It could do with being a little tougher on the edges as I can see that the pole ends are going to wear a hole at some stage, I'll do my best to strengthen it with a bit of duct tape, otherwise I'll be asking Gelert to replace it!

Overall, I'm really pleased with my purchase and hope we'll have plenty more adventures together!

Fujifilm FinePix Z33WP Float Strap
Fujifilm FinePix Z33WP Float Strap

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not perfect, 18 May 2010
Firstly, thank heavens I read the comment about the string not being tied properly. On inspection I found a lovely loose knot that I promptly tightened up! I found it a little tricky to attach to my camera but eventually managed - removing the toggle from the strap is going to be awkward so probably have to leave it on there even for dry land photography. I'm not sure I quite get the purpose of the float strap though - it suggests you 'unclip' the camera to take a photo...but surely that then defeats the object because if you drop it the float isn't attached! I think (once I get my broken Fuji xp10 replaced, that's another review) I'll just find a nice neck lanyard and stick with that and then perhaps attach the float to the camera as an extra. It's not perfect, but it's not bad, and it might just stop you dropping your kit in 20m of water!

The Truth About Melody Browne
The Truth About Melody Browne
by Lisa Jewell
Price: 10.64

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Jewell!, 14 May 2010
Bought this as a holiday read and wasn't disappointed! I've read all of Lisa's books and really like her style of writing.

The lead character has a complicated history that she doesn't even know about and it was great watching it unfold and finally find out the truth - I couldn't put it down, I had to know! Have to say the last couple of chapters had me sobbing on my sunlounger! Thanks again Lisa for another entertaining read!

Free School Milk
Free School Milk
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 6.51

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC!, 15 Jun 2007
This review is from: Free School Milk (Audio CD)
Forget what comparisons Mr Berry's review may draw and listen to this in the context of what it is: a fabulous album by a thoroughly entertaining live act.

From the rousing 'I will wait for you' to the jangly 'hannah we know' and the handclapping 'bonfire of the night' these guys prove that they are a really fun band of talented musicians and writers and this is a stunner of a debut album!

Having A Lovely Time
Having A Lovely Time
by Jenny Eclair
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I had a fabulous time!, 25 April 2006
This review is from: Having A Lovely Time (Paperback)
I really did, reading this book made me laugh and cry. Jenny Eclair has really rounded the characters out nicely and you really feel for the underdogs in the book.

I loved Camberwell Beauty too - and I seriously hope Jenny has another book in her somewhere!

Claire Sweeney: Perfect Fit With Weightwatchers [DVD] [2007]
Claire Sweeney: Perfect Fit With Weightwatchers [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ Claire Sweeney
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 3.92

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect fit ....., 13 Jan 2006
I got this DVD because even though I have a gym membership (and do use it!) I like to have things at home. I was attracted by the fact it has the interactive feature and you can select your workout. Plus I thought it would work well as a complement to my gym cardio work as I feel like a right nelly doing toning exercises so am best unseen!
I did it for the first time last night and did 60 minutes - the time flew by thanks to the varied exercises and I can definitely feel where I have worked this morning! Lots of squats which are always good if you can just force yourself to do them!
The only negative points are:
1) You couldn't rely on this to provide you with sufficient fat-burning cardio (what they call 'cardio' in this is really just running/jogging/skipping on the spot for 60 seconds which isn't going to do anything substantial unless you are an absolute beginner)
2) At times I felt there was a lack of instruction as to exactly what you should be working/where you should be feeling it (some odd pelvic rolling going on and I couldn't work out what I should have been doing from either the screen or the verbal instruction!).
3) You need to keep your mat out most of the time as each five minute segment tends to use it for something (didn't get to use the free band that I got at all in last nights work out!)
4) Oh...and Claire's chest is a bit off-putting - when did she get those?!
I will definitely hang on to this for a while and use it regularly for a few weeks to see what the results are!

Page: 1 | 2