Profile for Rubia Murphy > Reviews

Content by Rubia Murphy

Rubia Murphy (Guadalajara, Spain)

Page: 1 | 2
Bodum Bistro See Through Kettle, Red 11445-294
Bodum Bistro See Through Kettle, Red 11445-294

1.0 out of 5 stars DANGEROUS AND DEFECTIVE, 8 Feb. 2015
AVOID, AVOID, AVOID. This is a dangerous, flawed in design item.
The handle is oversized and not remotely ergonomic. I have large hands and I don't feel safe or comfortable holding this kettle. The spout is too wide and allows way too much boiling liquid to exit at one time, rendering it very dangerous. And our on off switch likes to only be in the off position..... It flicks back into the off position continually. Five times this morning I had to turn it on before it boiled.
This kettle is attractive and NOTHING else. Don't waste your hard earned pennies...... Bodum should stick to pans and cafetières.....and steer clear of anything with a moving part or electrical supply. A total triumph of appearence over functionality.

Bodum Bistro See-Through Kettle, Lime Green - 11445-565

1.0 out of 5 stars Dangerous and defective, 8 Feb. 2015

Bodum Bistro See-Through Kettle, Off White - 11445-913
Bodum Bistro See-Through Kettle, Off White - 11445-913

1.0 out of 5 stars Triumph of appearence over functionality, 8 Feb. 2015
This is the worst kettle I have ever owned. It is flawed in every way. The switch to turn it on won't stay on. I've had to turn it on as many as five times before it stays on. The spout is too large and so too much boiling liquid can exit at one time rendering it very dangerous. It isn't ergonomic..... The handle is oversized and this too makes it less safe.
It's all about looks with safety and funtionality coming in last. A dangerous dreadful item. I'm binning it as soon as my new Dulit Architect kettle arrives.

Cinnibar Eau de Parfum Spray - 50 ml
Cinnibar Eau de Parfum Spray - 50 ml
Offered by Cooking Marvellous

5.0 out of 5 stars TO DIE FOR, 7 April 2012
I have been using Cinnibar for more than 30 years. It's a sensuous and luxurious smell that has meant repeatedly that I have been asked "what perfume are you wearing?".
For me it is happiness in a bottle. It's deliciously sexy, warm, spicy, strong and mellow all at the same time. It also seems to be a smell that men really like, as men particularly comment on it.
I love the way it lingers and clings to a scarf or a coat days later. But do be careful with white clothing though as it can stain! I even named a cat Cinni once as I like this fragrance sooooooo much.
Buy it! Try it! You'll not be sorry.

Calvin Klein Ladies Watch Fly Gr. S, K9923120
Calvin Klein Ladies Watch Fly Gr. S, K9923120
Offered by Time Discount Store

1.0 out of 5 stars band way too small, 24 Oct. 2011
My husband bought this watch for me. I was delighted, I think it's an original and very attractive design. BUT - Calvin Klein watches are sadly mostly made only for slight-wristed ladies. The band was too small and we were informed that it comes, unlike people, in only one size.
I have tried on several other CK watches and have found what they refer to as 'Ladies Standard' is actually what most people refer to as small.

Interesting business plan on their part to cater only to a narrow portion of the general population.

It's a shame.

Bodum COLUMBIA Coffee Maker (Double-Walled, Stainless Stee L, Dishwasher Safe, 0.35 L/12 oz) - Shiny

5.0 out of 5 stars Top pot, 27 Aug. 2009
This is a really excellent coffee pot. It looks gorgeous and it does a superb job of keeping coffee hot. It filters the grounds really well and it pours without dripping. Then it sits there looking sleek & sexy and keeps your coffee hot all the while.

I have given several of these as gifts to a number of my friends, and regularly they tell me how much they love it [them].

It's dishwasher safe, virtually indestructible, and the shape gives it a low centre of gravity and thereby makes it hard to knock over.

It's a five star product all the way.

Apple iPod Touch 32GB 2nd Generation
Apple iPod Touch 32GB 2nd Generation

5.0 out of 5 stars To die for, 15 Mar. 2009
This is a simply superb gadget. I travel a lot and my iTouch has made any and all delays bearable. I watch movies. I listen to the radio (WunderRadio). I read books and the newspapers. I look at photos. I play games (Tetris, Solitaire, BubbleWrap). I listen to music and I read and write emails. I check my diary and I have at the touch of a button contact info for all my friends/family and others. And I can surf the net.

Obviously some of these activities depend on WiFi being available - where it is I use those applications that require that connection.

The App store is fantastic - offering items to download for free along with apps that are generally fairly priced and well reviewed. Stanza too is simply fantastic - I have 81 books on my iTouch (making it an eReader too) and so on a plane I am never ever bored! I have been improving my Spanish with a language skills app! I have 29 movies downloaded from iTunes onto my Mac and I vary the selection that I carry on the iTouch all the time.

The reality is in this small device I carry the world. Never a dull moment and the size of the screen is perfect for movie viewing.

This product WILL change your life!

Eva Solo Set of 4 Knife Magnets
Eva Solo Set of 4 Knife Magnets

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and superb, 17 Feb. 2009
This is such an elegant product. Without knives on they look like pieces of modern art. And with knives too in fact.

The magnets are super strong and can hold on to almost anything. I have a meat cleaver that seems to be floating in front of the wall. I have eight magnets staggered in a row and have two knives on a number of them.

The design is clever and functional. They are neat and easy to attach to the wall (with a drill). And the effect is very striking.

I love mine - they are simple and superb.

Egg Perfect Colour Changing Egg Timer
Egg Perfect Colour Changing Egg Timer
Offered by Buy Mall

5.0 out of 5 stars CRACKING PRODUCT!, 17 Feb. 2009
One for the back of the drawer I initially thought. But not so - this is a superb wee thing. I have a habit of forgetting about eggs and have had to suffer `hard' boiled eggs and soldiers for years. Now I get to dunk my soldiers again as I get a perfect soft-boiled egg every time.

I have given several of these as gifts and they have been very well received.

The timer needs to be washed in soapy water after each use to prevent clouding from the calcium that comes out of the eggshells and scale build up if in a hard water area.

This is a CRACKING product. A 5 star product.

Page: 1 | 2