Profile for NikolaiS > Reviews

Content by NikolaiS

NikolaiS

Cresyn C750H Stereo Headphones 40 mm Impedance 32 Ohm 105 dB mW Max Input Performance 1000 mW 20 -20,000 Hz Hi-Fi Cable Length 1.2 m Black
Offered by iHeadphones ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but some minor issues., 19 Feb. 2014
Firstly I would like to say these headphones are something you should try before you buy to see if you find them comfortable or not, because if you do, these headphones will be incredible value for money.

The headphones come in a very stylish box with easy-to-open packaging. You also get two cables of varying length, the short length cable will be perfect for many users -- normally I find cables on headphones a bit too long, but here the short version is the right size. The box doesn't come with anything else, no information about Cresyn or the headphones themselves, which is totally fine, but would have been welcome.

The positives are, the sound isolation is great -- with a factory nearby making noises I need headphones that will block as much noise as possible and keep the quality of sound high. These headphones do that fantastically.

Furthermore, the bass is very responsive and I find that there is a great deal of clarity when listening to music, movies and even games. I typically listen to OSTs, Jazz, Swing and occasional rap and these headphones have provided with a good range. Generally, I need to put my own EQ on music so it sounds better, but with these headphones I find that an un-tuned EQ is best.

The microphone quality is good, and when paired with the software in your phone or computer can pick up your voice with ease. The button on the microphone will only play/stop music, and answer calls, it does not serve as a volume switch.

Now the design of the headphones is where I find myself knocking off a star, because for me personally the earpads are smaller than what I am used to and over hours of use can lead to discomfort. They rest on the ear, creating pressure; rather than over the ear. I find that I need to readjust more often than I would like.

The rest of the design is good, the faux-leather texture is a nice addition and you can see that Cresyn have put a good amount of effort into the design. The adjustable headband slides in a satisfying way, and I really appreciate the fact that you can detach the cable. I find the price of these headphones to be perfect and overall these headphones just have a good sense of quality.

Supergets® Sony Xperia SP Premium Flip Case Covers and High Capacitive Touch Screen Stylus
Offered by Nebula-Accessories

4.0 out of 5 stars A good overall package with some design limitations., 11 Sept. 2013
I would first like to review what you get in the package, which I found tremendous value for money. A stylus, a screen protector and the actual case.

The stylus is great. It has a soft nib that really gives you a nice feel when you are writing/drawing with it across a touch screen. It's small, so the weight isn't balanced properly, but I still find it comfortable to use and believe that the price is worth it for the stylus alone. As it's made of a rubber type material and not hard plastic like other styli, I think that it'll work long into the future even with daily use. A huge positive!

The screen protector is a nice addition that comes with a cleaning cloth. I can't review this part of the product as I haven't used it (and don't plan to as my phone already has one on), but nevertheless find it a really good addition.

The case... well, it has a really nice premium look and feel. The phone was easy enough to get in. However, that is as much as I can say for it's positives. For the case has not been designed with this particular phone in mind. I think it's no secret that the case is obviously cut to meet the differing specifications of MANY different smartphones, and as such there are some issues.

First, the headphone port, while potentially usable with a 45 degree headphone jack, is completely unsuable with a straight-jack that you find on many headphones. In fact, I can't say for sure the 45 degree version would work either, as the magnetic latch covers the part where the headphones are. This could have been fixed fairly easily by having a smaller latch.

Secondly, the phone doesn't seem to fit absolutely flush with the sides of the plastic casing keeping the phone secure. I believe the casing may be a tiny bit too small for this phone. And is a probable cause for my last point which is that the phone is tremendously difficult to remove.

Overall, I found the value to be great regardless, and would consider buying this package again if I were to buy a different phone. However, keep in mind that you may want to get a more official case if you have the Sony Xperia Sp. The price may be significantly higher, but I believe the protection of the phone would be worth it.

Panasonic HTX7E-A Monitor Headphones - Blue
Panasonic HTX7E-A Monitor Headphones - Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely amazing headphones (bought at RRP), 7 Mar. 2013
I didn't buy this headphones from Amazon, I bought them from a brick and mortar store so I could test and try many headphones. These are easily the best headphones I've ever had, the most durable equipment I own (I use them for countless hours a day non-stop) and the best sound quality I've heard from headphones. Panasonic seem to have gone with their best quality in this product. Every inch of the headphones feels great. Even down to the thick wire and gold plated pin. The smooth leather-like material coating the ear pieces is comfortable and the over head strap is easily adjustable. The look of these headphones is really unique. They are light so they don't become cumbersome like some other headphones. I am no audiophile so I cannot write in detail how good the sound quality is but the sound really brings out the true nature of a movie or song. I cannot watch a movie without these headphones unless it's in the cinema anymore. I bought this product at RRP and I would do it again (wouldn't have to though as these headphones have lasted me longer than a year as of writing).

Note: in the picture these headphones look white but are noted as "blue" but the white ones have a white headstrap? I have white (not cream) ones that look exactly like these and have a black headstrap. Just letting you know it's possible to buy ones that look identical to ones in the picture.

Police Story [DVD]
Police Story [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jackie Chan
Offered by Direct-Offers-UK-FBA

5.0 out of 5 stars Review of this DVD (cine asia), 16 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Police Story [DVD] (DVD)
The movie itself is brilliant, a must-see for everyone. Amazing action film that contemporized martial arts. But I wanted to review the DVD itself. It is absolutely 100% worth the money and then some. The DVD commentary by Bey Logan provides fascinating insight into the movie, the crew and the stunts.Bey Logan having worked on a documentary with Chan and been a pronounced Asian cinema expert - this is a fascinating commentary to listen to.

Even people who weren't necessarily Jackie Chan fans would find things to love about this film's production. Furthermore, this DVD has 2 languages (Mandarin 5.1 with English Subtitles or the classic English 5.1 dub). On top of this, the Cine Asia version of the DVD has an extended outtake of the films most famous stunt featuring Jackie's reaction after the amazing electric pole jump/slide in the shopping mall.

The film looks great on DVD. If you have a download version you may find either hard-coded subtitles or various other visual artifacts. This is a great 16:9 enhanced edition. The image is of such good quality it makes me wonder if the film should also be seen on Blu Ray.

But what really seals the deal, is an included documentary biography and interviews of Jackie Chan. I am absolutely flabbergasted at the value on one disc. Be careful, you may need another if you wear this one out too much!

Platinum 64 GB TWS USB Drive - Transparent Yellow
Platinum 64 GB TWS USB Drive - Transparent Yellow

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice usb., 22 Sept. 2012
I bought this to back up 50+ GB of files. It took about 2 hours to do 43.3GB (didn't time the rest). Which I found pleasant. It spikes from 6-10MB/s though there may be discrepancy based on what HDD you are using. The stick itself is a bit smaller than I expected. The transparent yellow looks really nice, the picture didn't do it justice, and the stick blinks red when transferring data.

For those who do lots of research on a product, you will like to know this stick comes with a true 57.6GB of free space, not 64GB, so keep that in mind.

I read a review of the black version that says this USB gets warm, but even copying for a solid hour it did not get remotely warm.