Profile for Steve > Reviews

Content by Steve

Steve "S" (Cleveland U.K.)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
5 Pcs 25/64" Dia Cylinder Rubber Polisher Grinding Mounted Point
5 Pcs 25/64" Dia Cylinder Rubber Polisher Grinding Mounted Point
Offered by sourcingmap

5.0 out of 5 stars Grinding bits........, 27 Feb. 2013
These are great for use with a Dremel type multitool (mine is a Ryobi).
They do exactly what they say they will i.e. grind metal, great for final finishing after grinding.
At the price they are a bargain, I expected them to wear out quite quickly but they last well if you don't try pressing too hard on the work in progress.

5mm STAINLESS STEEL 316 (A4) Spring Hook / carabiner Pack Size : 2
5mm STAINLESS STEEL 316 (A4) Spring Hook / carabiner Pack Size : 2
Offered by Swindon Watersports

5.0 out of 5 stars Caribiner.........., 27 Feb. 2013
I bought these spring hooks to use as caribiner key holders and they are perfect for that purpose and with a breaking strain of 500Kg there will be no lost keys.
Supplied so shiny that I had trouble holding them, perfect for what I want, I don't have to polish them.

American 550 Paracord 100ft Neon Yellow
American 550 Paracord 100ft Neon Yellow
Offered by Wild Elk

5.0 out of 5 stars 550 Paracord Type III Commercial 7 Strand 100ft Neon Yellow, 18 Feb. 2013
Wild Elk sell very good 550 paracord. Without importing your own from the U.S.A. you won't find any better.
It isn't milspec but is the real deal. The difference between this and milspec is that military specification is tested more frequantly for strength but this is rated as 550lb breaking strain just the same.

550 Paracord Type III Commercial 7 Strand 100ft Multi Camo
550 Paracord Type III Commercial 7 Strand 100ft Multi Camo
Offered by Wild Elk

5.0 out of 5 stars Proper 550 paracord, 16 Feb. 2013
550 Paracord Type III Commercial 7 Strand 100ft Multi Camo, some of the best paracord to be had on Amazon. I've bought from several sellers and this is the best quality.
The colour of this Multicam is a very nice grey/brown/tan mix that works well for two colour bracelets and keyrings etc.
A good all round cord, for camp use I prefer bright cord so as not to walk into it. :)

Lansky Sharpeners Convertible Super C Clamp Mount
Lansky Sharpeners Convertible Super C Clamp Mount

4.0 out of 5 stars Lansky C mount............., 15 Feb. 2013
I have not yet bought this mount but I will one day. I have a lot of Lansky sets, Diamond, De-Luxe, Serration and a Sapphire polishing hone. What puts me off is the price, you can get this cheaper on the beararms website but it's still very expensive.
A Lansky Universal mount is half the price and should be included in the De-Luxe kits anyway, there is even space in the boxes for it! One or other of these clamps makes it a lot easier and less tiring to use the Lansky system if you haven't access to a vice in a comfortable environment.
My choice is Lansky Pedestal Mount but not from this seller that wants £8.50 postage! Try the beararms website, they are importers of Lansky systems and hones.
Anyway the pedestal mount stuck onto a chopping board is my choice maybe not the best but I've sharpened hundreds of blades on it with only a little wear on the pivot, nothing a bit of tape won't solve.
Until the day when I eventually shell out the money for this admittedly wonderful clamp I'll get by with my alternative, I hear that they've released a leather "stropping hone" for about half the price of the C mount, I think that's next on the list for me.
**** I've knocked a star off because there should be a mount of some sort or even a half price offer with the De-Luxe kits. Oh and the high price. ****

Lansky Sharpeners Extra Coarse Hone - Yellow
Lansky Sharpeners Extra Coarse Hone - Yellow
Offered by BA Blades

5.0 out of 5 stars Lansky extra coarse hone..........., 15 Feb. 2013
This is the starting point that I use when sharpening a knife for the first time or one that has been used brutally. It sets the edge to the chosen angle, removing metal quickly.

Sharpie Mini Permanent Marker Assorted Standard Colours - Pack of 4
Sharpie Mini Permanent Marker Assorted Standard Colours - Pack of 4
Offered by K Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Sharpies.........., 15 Feb. 2013
I bought these to keep in my knife sharpening kit, if you put marker on the bevel you can see which angle the blade needs to be sharpened at, as well as where you are actually sharpening. Good for both freehand sharpening and usin one of the Lansky type sharpeners.
Once you get a pack then you realize how many times you can use a permanent marker
The caps are a bit tight but they keep the nibs from drying out. The nibs are quite small and neat when writing but will easily fill areas that need block lettering.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value..........., 15 Feb. 2013
SanRenMu make pocket knives for better known knife makers like Spyderco, Benchmade, Buck, Gerber etc.
These knives are outstanding value for money, if they had better known makers brand names on them then they would be 3 or 4 times the price. The cheapest knife with an Axis lock other than SanRenMu or Enlan/Bee is a Benchmade for £65!
So, very well made, blade steel - 8Cr13MoV - used by Spyderco etc. Axis lock, Benchmade licence SanRenMu to use the Axis lock in Asian markets. Anodized aluminium scales. Solid blade lock-up with no play side to side or up and down. Disgustingly sharp out of the box.
A very usable knife for use around the house or a light camping knife.

550 Paracord Type III Commercial 7 Strand 100ft Hero Emerald Green
550 Paracord Type III Commercial 7 Strand 100ft Hero Emerald Green

5.0 out of 5 stars 550 paracord Hero Emerald Green, 15 Feb. 2013
550 Paracord Type III Commercial 7 Strand 100ft Hero Emerald Green.
This is good paracord and although it isn't "mil-spec" it is as good or better than other sellers, I try to buy only from Wild Elk now because they provide only the best quality, not the cheapest but you always pay for quality.
Short of buying direct from America this is the best you'll find.
Fantastic range of colours as well.

Sourcingmap a12042300ux0477 12 x 14 x 3mm 120-Grit Brush Grinding Tool Flap Wheel (10 Pieces)
Offered by sourcingmap

5.0 out of 5 stars Flapwheels.............., 15 Feb. 2013
I was a bit dubious about these when delivered but they have proven very good tools. I used them in my Dremel at 10,000 to 25,000rpm and they sanded very well.

When attaching them to the supplied arbour be sure to remove the plastic film transit protection.

***Check the rotation direction carefully!***

Used with care they last as long as the drum sanding sleeves that are popular multi-tool accessories, I'm sure you could trash one in minutes if you tried to but in normal light use they have lasted me an hour so far, I'm still on my first one.
I prefer these over the drum type so far.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20