Profile for Susan McDermott > Reviews

TED
TED
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Lectures, 2 Sep 2013
This review is from: TED (App)
Touching stories from great people. Informative on many levels. It makes you feel there is a great world out there.

Radical Acceptance: Awakening the Love that Heals Fear and Shame
Radical Acceptance: Awakening the Love that Heals Fear and Shame
Price: 6.49

5.0 out of 5 stars If there is one book to read....., 2 Sep 2013
Having read many books on self help, healing, nurturing, guiding, and spiritual awakening, I have at last found the one book I wish had been around 40 years ago. I would have benefited from her teachings and become aware of what I now see as a way to just be. She combines her wonderful insight from two perspectives. The psychological and the Buddist Way and she does this with a gentle and understanding nature towards modern living today. The examples and stories help one get to grips with how the awakening of the real self can be realised. It may take time to absorb fully, but it is well worth it.

4Pics 1Word- What's the Word Init
4Pics 1Word- What's the Word Init

3.0 out of 5 stars Baffling, 2 Sep 2013
The easy ones are too easy and the difficult ones are perplexing. There is no way to go on to the next one if you cannot solve one which is a bit frustrating.

Free vTube for YouTube
Free vTube for YouTube
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Animal watching, 2 Sep 2013
This review is from: Free vTube for YouTube (App)
I love seeing personal film of animals in the wild and domestic pets too. It is the surprise element that is so unique.

A Kenya Childhood
A Kenya Childhood
by Christine Nicholls

5.0 out of 5 stars Memory Lane, 27 Feb 2013
This review is from: A Kenya Childhood (Paperback)
I chose this book because I had experienced a Kenya childhood and wanted to compare what I remember with someone else. I had also read Christine Nicholl's book, Red Strangers: The White Tribe of Kenya and found it to be well researched and documented. A Kenya Childhood was also well written and jolted my memory many times of experiences we both had shared, what I had missed out on and confirmed some of my own stories that had been vague for many years. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it and it changed my views inasmuch that I now see my childhood there as something very precious and worth preserving, for my own lifetime or to pass the stories on to my grandchildren. I am so pleased to have found this book.