Profile for Philip Anderson > Reviews

Philip Anderson

OXO Good Grips Soft Handled Can Opener
OXO Good Grips Soft Handled Can Opener

5.0 out of 5 stars Great and wonderful-to-use can opener, 27 Sep 2011
I had been frustrated by my can opener purchases over the last few years as none had really matched up to expectations. After the disaster of trying battery-powered ones which never worked I have resorted to hand-held ones again but not found a good one. I got desperate and began searching and found this one, and am so pleased I am even writing this review! I have had the tin openers (I liked it so much I even bought a second one for my kitchen!) for a month or so now and never been more pleased with a tin opener! It effortlessly attaches to the top of the tin, and with minimal effort just cuts through the top of the tin easily and I am able to move on with my kitchen work within a few seconds, with the minimum of hassle! A much needed device!

Bible Kjv Keystone Giant Print Blk Die Cut: Flex Black
Bible Kjv Keystone Giant Print Blk Die Cut: Flex Black
by Bible
Edition: Imitation Leather

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Bible; Great And Easy To Use And Read, 27 Sep 2011
I actually did not realise the size of this bible when I bought it; I assumed it was a standard-sized bible with large print inside. Pleasantly I was surprised to receive a basically A4-sized bible with lovely, easy-to-read, pages which turned nicely and made it a pure pleasure to read! I actually have been taking this bible to church to read during sermons etc it is that pleasurable! I probably have read more of the bible this year since buying this large print, easy-to-read KJV than I have done all year before this! Cover is not pure leather but what would you expect for £[]??? Other than that the book is perfect! The covering is an imitation leather binding, fine if you are going to take good care of the book and not mess it around, but it would not last under harsh treatment.

The Language of Science and Faith: Straight Answers to Genuine Questions
The Language of Science and Faith: Straight Answers to Genuine Questions
by Karl W. Giberson

5.0 out of 5 stars Cannot Recommend It Highly Enough, 17 July 2011
As a devout born-again Christian I am somewhat confused by the myriad of voices clamouring for attention on this subject. This really is the first book that, to my mind, makes complete impartial sense without being at all 'sensationalist' or trying to exaggerate the facts to make them fit a certain point of view.

It really is written with a high level of thought process and consideration for the reader so as to make a potentially very confusing subject quite clear for any reader to follow who has an interest in this topic.

Enjoy!

MCSA/MCSE Self-Paced Training Kit (Exams 70-292 and 70-296): Upgrading Your Certification to Microsoft® Windows Server¿ 2003
by Dan Holme

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent !, 9 July 2005
Having studied MCSE 2000 I used mostly Sybex but was impressed with the one Microsoft book I did buy so I plumped for Microsoft for this exam and I am glad I did. I have gone through the whole book; it is excellently written with clear explanations and diagrams and is not confusing in the slightest. I have not even got to the CD yet but even without it I am sure I will pass my exam easily!
Thoroughly recommend this book to anyone who maybe is not 100% clued up and so just needs that little bit extra detail in the explanation to get through. Perhaps if you are already an expert you would not want such a voluminous book but would want a more concise version just to focus on the changes from 2000 only. But all in all a worthwhile and (dare I say it) enjoyable read and study!
Questions and Answers are very clear also.
Happy Studying!!!