Profile for James Smith > Reviews

Ultra-Pro Protective Card Sleeves, Pack of 100
Ultra-Pro Protective Card Sleeves, Pack of 100
Offered by SED-UK LIMITED

1.0 out of 5 stars Nope, 27 May 2016
I've learned since buying these that Ultra-Pro have had holograms on their sleeves for ages for authenticity; these don't. So, not genuine, and so unsurprisingly very flimsy.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 30, 2016 3:43 AM BST

Legion Supplies STR982 "Star Realms Display" Deck Box
Legion Supplies STR982 "Star Realms Display" Deck Box
Offered by docsmagic

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality product, fits all the expansions perfectly, 27 May 2016
This is a great set. I've just sleeved up my Star Realms, Colony Wars, Crisis and Gambit sets (i.e. all the store releases as of May 2016) and it all fits in perfectly (better not buy any more!). The box is card, but it's heavy duty and well made. There are four dividers (I could have used maybe one more). The sleeves are great, high quality and a perfect fit. I bought one extra set of the Legion Star Realms sleeves, and had exactly the right number for the trade deck and starter cards (everything with the standard back), including the three Mercenary Base cards included in the box. I bought some Ultra-Pro clear sleeves for the Gambit and Authority cards, which don't have the standard back on them, but they're not as good a fit so I'm still looking for something better.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 27, 2016 5:07 PM BST

Rebooting Democracy: A Citizen's Guide to Reinventing Politics
Rebooting Democracy: A Citizen's Guide to Reinventing Politics

5.0 out of 5 stars Concise practical steps for improving our democracies, 10 Jun. 2014
Highly recommended for anyone interested in making democracy work better. This book clearly lays out the problems inherent in our political systems, and then clear practical steps that could be taken to improve it. The great thing is that every suggestion has been tried successfully elsewhere in the world, so this isn't proposing pie-in-the-sky solutions, but a package of things we know will help. Also, it's a short book, which is great in that it doesn't muck around with excessive dull detail, and leaves you inspired and wanting to get going straight away. Read it now!

OpenGL Programming Guide: Version 1.4: The Official Guide to Learning OpenGL (Networking Technology)
by OpenGL Architecture Review Board et al.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great book, bad description, 15 Dec. 2003
This book would normally get 5 stars from me. I've been using the famous Red Book since version 1, and it's an invaluable asset for any OpenGL programmer. With the 1.4 version, I've finally bought my own, and very happy I am too.
However, beware! The description isn't right! The book, while it contains updated information on version 1.4 of OpenGL, DOESN'T include details of the ARB vertex and fragment program extensions. It even says it does on the back of the book, quoting it as the "most important" element of the book. Well, it's not there. So good book, but be honest about what's in it please. I'm just glad I've already got my copy of the OpenGL Extensions Guide on order.