Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer

Valuable Content Marketing: How to Make Quality Content the Key to Your Business Success
by Sonja Jefferson
Price: 19.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical, easy to read and full of top tips, 11 Jan 2013
I left a big management consultancy last year and set up my own business servicing a completely different market - small businesses. For a relatively new professional services business like mine entering into a new market, it's hard to know where to start with marketing. There are so many options - social media, SEO, my website - I wasn't sure how to focus my efforts. This book has been a real eye-opener. It's full of tips that are easy to implement, and a programme of work that feels really do-able. I would thoroughly recommend this book whether you're starting a new business or marketing an existing one.

Double Your Business: How to Break Through the Barriers to Higher Growth, Turnover and Profit (Financial Times Series)
by Lee Duncan
Price: 12.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical, digestible, and very pertinent business advice, 16 April 2012
I've recently started as a business coach after a successful career as a management consultant with PwC Consulting and IBM for 14 years. I stumbled on Double Your Business whilst looking out for frameworks to help shape my own experience, skills and expertise into my own client offering for small businesses and it has been invaluable. Lee's book provides a comprehensive overview of how to assess and tackle the issues that small businesses face and was exactly what I was looking for.

For me the key sections of the book are:
- the comprehensive and user-friendly diagnostic tool for identifying a businesses barriers to growth
- the down to earth and practical action plans for tackling the barriers to growth identified
- the excellent real life case studies included in every section
- the simple frameworks and tools that all business owners can use to move their businesses forward

I've used the book in two ways.
1. To action plan some key areas for improvement in my own business as I look to grows and attract more clients. The book has value to new businesses like mine as well as more established businesses.
2. To help reshape some of the aspects of my own coaching offering. This is perhaps the best compliment that I can give the book. I have different techniques and tools that I use as a business coach, but Lee's book has help provide a really useful benchmark for me to compare myself against, to learn from, and to enhance my own offering.

Double Your Business offers a comprehensive review of your business, and places in your hands practical, no nonsense ways of tackling the areas of your business that are holding you back. It's an action-oriented book that is both easy-to-read and easy-to-use. I am always on the look out for other plain-speaking, action-oriented advisers that deliver maximum value for minimum fuss - it's my own business coaching approach. Lee Duncan and Double Your Business definitely tick those boxes for me.

Reading this book won't turn you into an overnight success or immediately transform your business - success will still require hard work. However it will provide you (and maybe your enlightened coach) with a framework for planning and implementing the steps to make your business a success. I thoroughly recommend it.