Profile for R. Biggs > Reviews

Content by R. Biggs

R. Biggs "rob numan"

Page: 1 | 2
Sony PlayStation Wireless Stereo Headset 2.0 (PS4/PS3/PS Vita)
Sony PlayStation Wireless Stereo Headset 2.0 (PS4/PS3/PS Vita)
Offered by eoutlet-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality from Sony, as always :), 8 Nov. 2014
I already own the Sony Pulse headphones but after a long gaming session the batteries fade and die and I am left using the in ear bud as supplied with the playstation 4.
I decided to get these as an alternaive for when I need to change headphones and they are at least as good as the Pulse. I always turn the game volume down and the chat up when playing with friends to make sure I can hear what is going on, not just for the laughs we always have but also if we are in a team event then communication is key, and these work perfectly.
The app the Playstation 4 has for these is a great little add on.
For crystal clear gaming and comms with your friends you really can't do much better than these and the build quality is great too and very comfortable even after long periods of use.

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - Limited Edition Steelbook [Blu-ray + UV Copy] [2012] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Martin Freeman

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 11 April 2013
Well I have to say I sat and watched this with a great big smile on my face from start to finish.
The acting, scenery and music take you from your living room straight into Middle Earth and make you forget everything for 2 and a half hours.
Simply a wonderful film and I cannot wait for the next 2 installments.
For those of you who think this film is too long I, for one, hope there is a extended edition coming out and I will put my feet up and enjoy a even longer journey.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 14, 2013 8:53 PM BST

The Light  The Dead See
The Light The Dead See

5.0 out of 5 stars wow!, 11 Sept. 2012
This review is from: The Light The Dead See (Audio CD)
I am a fan of Dave's work with Depeche and his solo work so was very interested in this. I played a couple of tracks on youtube and ordered this album straight away. Every track is sung with such conviction and some of the music is so emotional it really pulls at your heart strings.
Pour yourself a drink, turn off the lights and your phone and plug yourself into some headphones and relax and enjoy.
For me the album of the year.....by a very large margin. Superb!

The Blade Itself: Book One Of The First Law (Gollancz S.F.): 1
The Blade Itself: Book One Of The First Law (Gollancz S.F.): 1
by Joe Abercrombie

5.0 out of 5 stars stunning!, 6 April 2012
I used to read tons and then grew out of the habit. I decided to dip my toe into some new fantasy books and this book seemed to get a lot of positive reviews so thought, hey why not?
Damn pleased I did too, the book is full of larger than life characters and the story flows along nicely with no hitches or moments of boredom.
I am now well into the second one and can only say, if you are sitting on the fence with this one then don't.
Enjoying getting back into the habit of reading and a lot of that is down to how much I enjoyed this book.

Dead Space (PS3)
Dead Space (PS3)
Offered by Gamesbuyer

5.0 out of 5 stars Best horror game...ever!, 28 May 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Dead Space (PS3) (Video Game)
I had this game for a good year before finally getting around to playing it. Within 5 minutes I was kicking myself for not playing this awesome game earlier.
There is tension almost from the word go. The music and sound effects really need to be heard and experienced for yourself but they really do get your heart pumping and your brow sweating. There is no let up in the assault on your senses, even when you are in the store you can hear strange voices. I loved the disembodied voices randomly speaking in the background as you search the ship as well...the atmosphere is unlike any other game I have played.
I am now going for the platinum trophy as found this so enjoyable to play. Do yourself a favour, get some beers in and turn the lights off and venture into outer space....where no one can hear you scream.........

Doctor Who: A Christmas Carol, 2010 Christmas Special  [2010] [DVD]
Doctor Who: A Christmas Carol, 2010 Christmas Special [2010] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Matt Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Well I enjoyed it................., 9 Jan. 2011
Watched it for what it was, a not to be taken too seriously xmas episode and it was good fun. The xmas specials have never really been anything to take too seriously (and when it was supposed to be for last years DT's last episodes didn't really feel right). Matt Smith excels once again as The Doctor, easily the best potrayal out of the regenerated series, possibly the best since Tom Baker.
Enjoyed it on Xmas day, a few days later on iplayer and will no doubt enjoy it again on dvd :)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars PS3 upgrade, 26 Dec. 2010
Was a bit skeptical as to how easy it was to upgrade a PS3 but decided to give it a go as my old 40 gig was not man enough anymore. Well after following the info on youtube etc for backing up data onto my ipod and memory stick I gave it a go. Only 5 minutes to change the hardrive and then reinstalled everything and it worked first time with no hassle and now got acres of room.
If you are thinking of doing this but unsure then take the plunge as it is honestly simplicity itself and cheap as you can get it (check out hard drives for Xbox's for example).
Highly recommended!

Doctor Who - Series 5, Volume 1 [DVD]
Doctor Who - Series 5, Volume 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Matt Smith
Offered by produXa UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Best New Who Yet!!, 14 July 2010
Won't go on too much about each story as others have done that but Matt Smith just has to be the best portrayal of The Doctor since the classic series. The stories are not over the top and are a pleasure to watch. I for one hope that the team behind and in front of the cameras for this new Who stay on for a very long time to come.

Fallout 3 (PS3)
Fallout 3 (PS3)
Offered by Game Trade Online

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but ps3 players be aware, 13 Feb. 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Fallout 3 (PS3) (Video Game)
This is a great game, huge map and plenty to do and really is great fun to just wander off, explore and do your own thing or follow the main story line.
But while there is downloadable content for the pc and xbox 360 versions (with 2 more planned shortly) there are no plans to make this available for playstation players at this time.
A real shame which is why I've only given it 4 stars due to the poor support from the devs.
But having said that, the game itself is worth the money alone but could be worth waiting for the game of the year version as that may possibly have the extras bundled with it....

Imation 18648 CD-R 52x 100pack Spindle
Imation 18648 CD-R 52x 100pack Spindle
Offered by Inkubus Bargains

1.0 out of 5 stars Nothing but trouble, 1 Jun. 2007
It seems that anything over 40 minutes seems to cause trouble in burning any music onto these discs.

For every 1 disc that is succesful I am throwing at least 2 away which failed halfway through.

Will definately not be buying these again!

Page: 1 | 2