Profile for Sheila Jones > Reviews

Content by Sheila Jones

Sheila Jones

Page: 1 | 2
The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying: A simple, effective way to banish clutter forever
by Marie Kondo

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little book ,practical and positive, 7 Jun. 2015
Great little book easy to read and understand , common sense really. I am a hoarder and tend to keep things just in case I will need them or can use them for something in the future. The author makes you look at things in a different way. She has a simple formular for working through your possessions , with valid reasons for discarding things you no longer need. She also gives practical methods for storage of clothes etc, to make life easier. This is the first book I have read on this subject that has made good sense and could become a way of life. I have only just started sorting out using her method and have already discarded a lot of surplus stuff painlessly,and have actually quite enjoyed doing it. Well worth reading.

Approx.50Pcs Brooch Back Safety Catch Bar Pins 25mm--Great Additions for Your Custom Brooch, Pin, Badge or Any Other Craft Project that Requires A Pin
Offered by RUISITENG Business

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 21 Feb. 2014
Bought these because they were the style I use with 3 holes, and there were no others available,however they are not the best quality , a little flimsy. They were very cheap, but I would be happy to pay more for a better quality brooch bar.

10 X Swivel Clip Bag Key Ring Findings Free Rings Lobster Clasps Split Ring Fob
10 X Swivel Clip Bag Key Ring Findings Free Rings Lobster Clasps Split Ring Fob
Offered by VerCart

5.0 out of 5 stars Great findings, 29 Dec. 2013
These were as described ,good value, even better value if I had bought the larger quantity, but wanted to be sure of the quality first. Prompt delivery, everything was fine ,many thanks.

Life Is a Gift: The secrets to making your dreams come true: A Practical Guide to Making Your Dreams Come True
by Gill Edwards

5.0 out of 5 stars A new way of thinking, 5 Oct. 2013
This book needs to be read more than once. It makes us look at things in a different way,a more satisfying and comfortable vision of life. It makes us realise that life is for enjoying not a trial, that it is indeed a gift that we must accept joyfully.

Solgar Vitamin C 1000 100 Vegetable Capsules
Solgar Vitamin C 1000 100 Vegetable Capsules
Offered by Nature's Remedies

5.0 out of 5 stars good price and quality, 1 Sept. 2013
A very good price for a good quality vitamin C which I normally buy on the high street. well packaged and prompt de4livery

Under the Cover: Paper and Fabric Books
Under the Cover: Paper and Fabric Books
by Frances Pickering

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book, 28 Jun. 2013
Beautifully presented and explained. An inspirational book that will be looked at again and again. Lots of tips , lovely drawings, a little gem

Layered, Tattered and Stitched: A Fabric Art Workshop
Layered, Tattered and Stitched: A Fabric Art Workshop
by Ruth Rae

3.0 out of 5 stars Could be useful, 28 Jun. 2013
This book is mainly a project book using a certain style for textiles. If the projects were not to your liking, and a number of them were not to mine,there was nothing really new to learn in the processes used. However there were a couple of things which I quite liked, and from those I could see that this technique could be developed into something that I would use.

Conscious Medicine: Creating Health and Well-Being in a Conscious Universe
Conscious Medicine: Creating Health and Well-Being in a Conscious Universe
by Gill Edwards

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book to refer to at different times in your life, 28 Jun. 2013
Very helpful positive book, which made you look at illness in an entirely different way. Worth reading a few times to really get the message that we can help or hinder the healing process just by the way we think.

Instinctive Quilt Art: Fusing Techniques and Design
Instinctive Quilt Art: Fusing Techniques and Design
by Bethan Ash

5.0 out of 5 stars instinctive art quilts, 19 Oct. 2012
I bought this book sometime ago,and found it easy to read with much information on how to work instinctively. There are a lot of quite simple projects, which help build your confidence in working this way. the use of colour is great and the photographic examples of both Bethans work and international texile artists are inspiring.The main lesson I learnt was that every piece of work was done for a reason they all showed emotion and if we don't show that in our work how can we speak to our audience? When I saw another book by Bethan ,I was quite excited and wondered what this was about, unfortunately I found that the second book was an American version of the first book, with a slightly different title and cover produced for the American public, more enquiries ,and I found that the book had been sold by the british publishers to the Americans, and that the author had, not even been aware of the fact. So if you have bought this one you don't need the american version.

Andrew James 20 Litre White Convection Mini Oven And Grill 1500 Watts, Includes 2 Year Warranty And 5 Different Cooking Settings
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars great little oven, 5 Oct. 2011
We have had the oven just a couple of weeks and have used it almost every day. It is big enough when cooking a meal for just the two of us and saves me using our big oven on the main cooker. It warms up quickly and cooks well, although I am still experimenting with the various cooking positions and settings. Good value, and I am sure it will be most useful at Christmas when I need a little extra oven space.

Page: 1 | 2