Profile for J. Barry > Reviews

Content by J. Barry

J. Barry (United Kingdom)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
One Summer: America 1927
One Summer: America 1927
by Bill Bryson
Price: 3.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Having read all of his previous books I was wondering what this would be like as it was a complete departure from his other ..., 9 July 2014
Bill Bryson does it again!!!! Having read all of his previous books I was wondering what this would be like as it was a complete departure from his other books. I am very pleased to report that he has written another great book which transport you back to the 1920s in America and his revelations on this period are truly astonishing. I particularly liked the section on the development of flying not only in America but throughout the world. This book would appeal to anyone interested in history, or someone who would like to understand the difficult period that America was going through in the 1920s. Highly recommended, no wonder that this book has been the top selling title for some time.

Carte Noire Espresso No 5 Delicat 10 Coffee Capsules 53 g (Pack of 8)
Carte Noire Espresso No 5 Delicat 10 Coffee Capsules 53 g (Pack of 8)
Price: 16.00

5.0 out of 5 stars CARTE NOIRE CAPSULES MORE THAN MEETS EXPECTATIONS., 3 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have used several compatible capsules for my machine and many of them have been acceptable. However, having used Carte Noire as an instant coffee for some time, I was very keen to try these out and see how they compare with previous compatibles. I am delighted to say that they more than met my expectations and you get excellent results with all varied types of coffee made. These compatibles come highly recommended, especially if you are after a mellow, non bitter coffee.

AmazonBasics 8-Inch Black Sleeve for iPad Mini / Samsung Galaxy Tablet
AmazonBasics 8-Inch Black Sleeve for iPad Mini / Samsung Galaxy Tablet
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT COVER FOR THE I PAD MINI - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED, 3 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Excellent cover for my I Pad Mini - just what I wanted. This is a very reasonably priced sleeve which protects your I Pad and is very easy to use. Do not rely on just the cover of your I Pad even if it a hard case one, use this extra protection. This will be very handy for transporting the I Pad whilst on holiday.

Shakin' All Over - Rock & Roll Before the Beat-Boom
Shakin' All Over - Rock & Roll Before the Beat-Boom
Price: 13.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Remembering the good old days of rock and roll., 24 Jun 2014
Ten CDs of excellent quality covering the rock and roll era when music was music!
Many of the tunes on this collection have been hard to find previously and several new performers can be found for the first time.
This collection is truly great value for money and will not disappoint those of us born in the 40s or 50s.

Pasta: The Essential New Collection from the Master of Italian Cookery
Pasta: The Essential New Collection from the Master of Italian Cookery
by Antonio Carluccio
Price: 12.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential book for lovers of Italian food - especially PASTA., 24 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
What a truly lovely book! It is beautifully illustrated with each recipe including a small chapter about the ingredients or the place of origin, making it a delight to read as well as making you want to have a go yourself. I found that I just could not put this book down when I started reading it. It was good to see that paragraphs in the book included details on utensils, types of pasta and the art of making pasta.
I have a great many Italian cookery books, including pasta recipes but this is the tops.
Carluccio has proved to be the gentle master of Italian cookery and every home should have a copy of this book.

Finish Power and Pure Quantum (Pack of 1, Total 40 Tablets)
Finish Power and Pure Quantum (Pack of 1, Total 40 Tablets)
Price: 7.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great dishwasher product., 2 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We have used Finish dishwasher products in the past and were interested to see if these power and pure tablets would be of the usual high quality. I can report that we were not disappointed, in fact we were impressed with the greatly improved performance of these tablets, with everything from the dishwasher coming out perfect. Having tried these tablets we are very likely to continue using them in preference to other Finish products.

20 inks, Compatible Printer Inks Cartridges to replace Epson T0711 T0712 T0713 T0714 (T0715) - Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black), 4 Full Multipack of T0715 + 4 extra black (8xT0711 4xT0712 4xT0713 4xT0714), for Epson Printer Stylus D78/D92/D120/DX4000/DX4050/DX4400 DX4450/DX5000/DX5050/DX6000/DX6050/DX7000F DX7400/DX7450/DX8400/DX8450/DX9400F/S20/S21 SX100/SX110/SX105/SX115/SX200/SX205/SX209/SX210 SX215/SX218/SX400/SX405/SX405WiFi/SX410/SX415/SX510W/ SX515W/SX600FW/BX600FW/BX610FW Office B40W/BX300F/BX310FN
Offered by PEL UK
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent compatible cartridges., 24 April 2014
I have used many compatible ink cartridges on my Epson printer with various degrees of results. However, I can say that these supplied by Greeninks are excellent and offers good value for money.
I will certainly be using this supplier again and can recommend them to there users.

Bose  SoundTrue On-Ear Headphones - Black
Bose SoundTrue On-Ear Headphones - Black
Price: 149.95

5.0 out of 5 stars The best headphones I have used over the past 50 years!!!, 24 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
In the past I have used many headphones both as a radio presenter on the Forces network and Hospital broadcasting, together with personal use on a variety of music systems and I can honestly say that these Bose headphones are the best I have ever used.

Having many Bose systems in my house including the Wave and Solo systems, my expectations on the quality and sound was very high and I was not disappointed in any way. Various types of music can be hear clear and concise without the usual over the limit base levels that I have experienced in other headsets.

These headsets fold very neatly into a very handy case and the good thing is that there is only one lead which you plug into the side of the headset.

If you want one of the best set of headphones currently available to improve the sound from your I Pad, I Pod, or other stereo systems etc then you cannot do better that buying these.

Once again Amazon sent these very promptly and well packaged - thank you.

Philomena [Blu-ray]
Philomena [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Judi Dench
Price: 10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed seeing this excellent film again., 6 April 2014
This review is from: Philomena [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Having seen the original film many months ago I have been waiting for this DVD release to see it again. This film is well written with first class actors and should have won more awards than it did. Currently this film is NO 1 in the DVD charts, a position it should retain for some time.

CafePod Nespresso Compatible Arabica Lungo Capsules (Pack of 4, Total 40 Pods)
CafePod Nespresso Compatible Arabica Lungo Capsules (Pack of 4, Total 40 Pods)
Price: 9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A very good coffee that I would recommend., 6 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have been using Nespresso pods for some time, so I was interested to see how these compatible CafePods would taste. I am very pleased to say that they exceeded my expectation and the coffee was very good. I would buy these pods and would recommend them to other users of Nespresso machines.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11