Profile for K. Harrod > Reviews

Content by K. Harrod

K. Harrod (United Kingdom)

Strokes
Strokes
by Netdoctor

5.0 out of 5 stars Strokes, 27 Mar 2009
This review is from: Strokes (Paperback)
This helped with the understanding of a stroke for myself and husband as he suffered stroke 3 - 4 years ago, this book answered many questions that he could get answers to, the layout is easy to follow, digrams and how it is explained has no jargon which is ideal for those without medical training.

All 12 chapters have lots of information with further references at the back of the book if more information is required. An ideal book for those who have suffered stroke otr know someone who has, I thought this book was a little expensive, but after reading and referring to the various chapters it is worth the money. This book can be used in any situation wheather it is medical, for study or just to find out more about stroke.

Well worth investing this book.

Lifespan Journey: Ourselves and Others
Lifespan Journey: Ourselves and Others
by Pamela Linsey

5.0 out of 5 stars Lifespan Journey: Ourselves and Others, 27 Mar 2009
Highly recommended, informative and easy to understand. This is a book that I have used for the last 2 years and it is still being used today. This is valuable if you are studying Life span development or any model to do with social work, the model in this book re: Erikson is explained in a way that it is easy to refer to, when in classroom, placement or in the work situation, I have classed this as my bible to theories.

The book is very laid out and easy to find what you are looking for. The price was right as well, being a student the pennies need to be watched. This is a must when doing assignments or any research.

Belkin 6-Way Economy Power Strip, 1m Cable
Belkin 6-Way Economy Power Strip, 1m Cable

5.0 out of 5 stars Belkin 6-way economy power strip 1m calble, 27 Mar 2009
When I ordered this I thought it was a surge protector, this was my fault for not reading the description. But this has come in handy now as I have been able to do get my laptop wired up and I can now do my study downstairs instead of sitting in a cold bedroom on my other computer which is now my main.

Having the computer on its own cable is much better and safer as I now know which plug is which, as before it was a matter of hit and miss.

The price was very good, better than any high street store and less hassel too.

Becoming Dead Right: A Hospice Volunteer in Urban Nursing Homes
Becoming Dead Right: A Hospice Volunteer in Urban Nursing Homes
by Frances Shani Parker
Price: 2.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Becoming dead right, 27 Mar 2009
Even though this is taken from the American perspective, I have found this book very valuable as I have had to do work experience a hospice. This helped with the setting and what they are really there for, my view of the hospice changed after reading this book and gave me a better insight into what really happens.

This book was very hard to put down once I started reading it, the poems which have been included after the chapters were inspirational and moving. This book has also been used throughout my study.
A really good read.

Child Care Law: A Summary of the Law in England and Wales
Child Care Law: A Summary of the Law in England and Wales
by Deborah Cullen
Price: 9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Child care law, 27 Mar 2009
This book breaks down the sections with easy to understand language, with further referencing to other acts, legislation and policy.

This book is ideal for those going into social work and thiose who are all ready doing the course.

Problem with this is book it does not stand up to being constantly used as the pages beging to fall out after a few uses, but it is still useful.

Children Act, 2004
Children Act, 2004
by Fergus Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Children Act 2004, 27 Mar 2009
This review is from: Children Act, 2004 (Paperback)
Great size for the pocket and easy to understand. Makes the offical Children Act 2004 very complicated. This is very useful for those who are doing a foundation degree in Health and Social Care, or even social work.

This book has been well used during my course.

Communication and Interpersonal Skills in Social Work (Transforming Social Work Practice Series)
by Juliet Koprowska

5.0 out of 5 stars communication and interpersonal skills in social work, 27 Mar 2009
This is a very book for those wo are going onto the Social Work degree. I have used this on a course that I have been doing and it is very valuable.

This has been used in essays and assignments and the information is very easy to understand.

I highly recommend this book.

Instant Revision - AS Psychology
Instant Revision - AS Psychology
by Claire Meldrum

5.0 out of 5 stars AS Psychology, 16 Dec 2006
This is a very useful book for those who are studying psychology, as it is set out in an easy way to understand. It tells you what to expect in the exam and how to answer the questions to get the best possible mark, and what not to do in the exam, a very valuable book that should be on every students shelf. I do not know what I would do with out it.