Profile for Muriel > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Roundup Fast Action Pump 'n' Go 5 Litres Weedkiller
Roundup Fast Action Pump 'n' Go 5 Litres Weedkiller

5.0 out of 5 stars worked, 5 May 2014
I moved into a house which hadn't been gardened just bad soil rubble and lots of weeds.I was actually scared of setting pump up and starting. I've never used weed killer before which didn't help. I found it easy and safe to use and, slowly in some areas, the clumps of grass and weeds so hard to dig began to die. Dandelions and brambles seemed to take a long time. Quite soon I saw birds come to peck around with no harm to them and was happy about this. My dogs are running out after a week too. I feel happier now about damage to wildlife. I'll now keep some gel handy to help with the new garden I am about to create.

Dog Behavior and Owner Behavior: Questions and Answers - Current Dog Problems and Solutions (Volume 3)

2.0 out of 5 stars dog behaviour, 4 April 2014
I couldn't figure out. Appeared to be endless emails including as much the author's humour as advice. A kind of advert.

Twelve Years a Slave
Twelve Years a Slave

5.0 out of 5 stars 12 years a slave., 4 April 2014
Magnificent. One of those books all schoolchildren should read. Should be on the curriculum. How can people like Solomon actually write when so many people today with the facilities at their command barely know how? Fascinating and relevant today.

The Queen: History in an Hour
The Queen: History in an Hour

5.0 out of 5 stars Queen, 4 April 2014
A good series of books. Will keep returning to read more. Am dedicated to the Royal Family as the country's example setters and envoys. The book cheered me up.

Garden Blower Vac
Garden Blower Vac
Offered by Topnotchsales

5.0 out of 5 stars First go., 23 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Garden Blower Vac (DIY & Tools)
My first such tool. A very short wire needing an extension or two. Better with an external socket. Saved a lot of work but unfortunately rain stopped play after one go and has continued ever since but will be an absolute time saver.

An Unexpected Frost (Tucker Book 3)
An Unexpected Frost (Tucker Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars read 'em all, 23 Jan. 2014
I don't think anyone could not get hooked on the whole Tucker series. Again a novel showing a lifestyle of helping others which does continue today and always will. Maybe you'll recognise yourself in Tucker. Read the books and find out.

The Autobiography of Hudson Taylor: Missionary to China (Illustrated)
The Autobiography of Hudson Taylor: Missionary to China (Illustrated)

5.0 out of 5 stars No women, 23 Jan. 2014
A story of a remarkable man, determined to preach in China. The fact that in his day women were wives and mothers alone comes over plainly as I can't remember any mention of a woman at all. Also, as in these days in China bravery shines through with great poverty and many difficulties coming through but never the lack of a servant. Utterly intriguing.

The Journal of John Wesley
The Journal of John Wesley

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing man, 23 Jan. 2014
I discovered I knew little of John Wesley except he went out preaching from horseback. I was quite wrong as he took all means of travel including interesting trips to America. It makes one gasp as to how he managed before steamships and planes. The sermons also sway you.

Home Front Girls
Home Front Girls

5.0 out of 5 stars Tears flowed, 23 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Home Front Girls (Kindle Edition)
A wonderful compelling book, story, characters and the time in history. Couldn't have been better written. I don't usually give way to tear jerkers, but today they've been streaming as I read about the suffering of the people of Coventry in the war years. Comedy, tragedy, history and lessons for today make you read on when she should be getting ready for work.

Sips of Sustenance: Grieving the Loss of Your Spouse
Sips of Sustenance: Grieving the Loss of Your Spouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Needed, 23 Jan. 2014
After my husbands death I did take comfort from books about grieving written by those who know it. Reading this book a year later I keep thinking that's how it happened to me at every page. This has to be one of the best, especially with the interesting and compelling quotes the author includes showing people have gone through these same feelings from ancient times.Thank you.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5