Profile for Desert Penguin > Reviews

Andrew James Stainless Steel Travel Mug 450 ml
Andrew James Stainless Steel Travel Mug 450 ml
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD

1.0 out of 5 stars Can't put these in dishwasher!, 18 April 2015
We put these in the dishwasher and some water got stuck inside which then went smelly. These aren't designed to be dismantled so we had to chuck the lot :-(

Microsoft LifeChat LX-6000 Headset
Microsoft LifeChat LX-6000 Headset

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't work with my Macbook Pro Retina, 1 Oct. 2014
Audio quality distorts every so often. Have had 2 pairs of these now and they both do this on my macbook pro retina. Other headsets don't have this problem on my macbook. It's too distracting having to unplug your headset when you are on an important skype call so I'll be sending these back.

Square Lined Wicker Laundry Basket - Large
Square Lined Wicker Laundry Basket - Large

4.0 out of 5 stars quality at a price, 9 Aug. 2014
I like everything about it except the price which was a little high. Also a spare liner would have been really handy

Speck SeeThru Satin Hard Shell Case Cover for 15 inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars looks good, but not designed for everyday use, 9 Aug. 2014
Length:: 2:27 Mins

Looks great but scratches easily which is annoying. The rubber foot comes off every month or so which really is not acceptable.

Yale wirefree Premium Alarm Kit HSA6400
Yale wirefree Premium Alarm Kit HSA6400
Offered by DJM Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars This has to be one of the best customer care services of any company, 24 July 2014
As others have said the product works well. The learning curve is OK if you watch the video instructions. I just had an issue with a low battery and couldn't work it out. Yale customer services were very fast and very helpful. This has to be one of the best customer care services of any company.

Corsair Raptor HS40 USB 7.1 Comfortable Gaming Headset
Corsair Raptor HS40 USB 7.1 Comfortable Gaming Headset

3.0 out of 5 stars Great headset with one big flaw, 18 July 2014
Great headset with one big flaw. The microphone has a really loud hum when used with a MBP. Hum goes away when you touch the aluminium case of the laptop or when power is unplugged. Issue is not there with another logitech usb headset.

5 Amp Round Pin Plug Top White
5 Amp Round Pin Plug Top White
Offered by Chivrose Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Dangerous - Cable grip doesn't grip, 31 Jan. 2014
This review is from: 5 Amp Round Pin Plug Top White
The item is not as shown in the picture.

The cable grip has no screws and is only suitable for three core cables. If you use it with 2 core cable there is no grip. This means if the cable is pulled it could start a fire.

Alexander Technique: Natural Poise for Health
Alexander Technique: Natural Poise for Health

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to read and understand, 28 Sept. 2013
I had read other books about the Alexander technique, but found then too confusing of overly complicated. I came across this one and now I feel I know what the technique is about. After reading this book I went and had some one to one lessons and I fell it is one of the best things I ever did. I found all the concepts were laid down in a really user friendly way. I real treat to read.

Mind and Body Stress Relief with the Alexander Technique
Mind and Body Stress Relief with the Alexander Technique

5.0 out of 5 stars This book helped me to put my life back into balance, 28 Sept. 2013
I really loved this book. I had been working far too hard for many years and.tension and anxiety had become a way of life for me. Mind and body stress relief was a real 'wake up call' for me and my family are astounded at the changes I have made after reading this book. If you suffer from depression worry or are just feeling there are not enough hours in the day...go buy this book!

Back In Balance: Use the Alexander Technique to Combat Neck, Shoulder and Back Pain
by Richard Brennan

5.0 out of 5 stars A really great book, 28 Sept. 2013
I found this book really, really helpful. I have had a bad back for eight years without realising why. I have spent a small fortune on chiropractors and physiotherapist, but got only short term relief at best and often not even that. After reading this book and putting some of the ideas into practise I could feel the difference after less than a week.

I know this may sound crazy, but i had been bending my back instead of my hips without realising it. No wonder i was in so much pain! i have no hesitation in highly recommending this book to anyone with back pain.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3