Profile for Rosalind Wallqvist > Reviews

Rosalind Wallqvist

Speak Swahili, Dammit!
Speak Swahili, Dammit!

5.0 out of 5 stars Speak Swahili, Dammit!, 7 Feb 2012
I absolutely loved this book, having been born and grown up in East Africa! It was just as if I was back in that enchanting atmosphere, feeling myself almost in James Penhaligon's heart! We who grew up in East Africa during the 1950s and 60s had a very privileged childhood free of constraints (apart from boarding school! where we all had to be educated!)where we could experience the wonder and excitement of Africa. We were safe, free, warm, happy, able to explore and learn about wildlife and other cultures. James Penhaligon has captured it all and writes about his childhood, family and friends in what can only be described as an excellent read, comical, fascinating and an escape to the enchantment that can only be Africa! A tale from James' heart which will inspire his readers to share his very special childhood, and to long for more! I want to know what happens next and hope he continues to write his delightful story! Anyone who takes up this book will not be able to put it down!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 17, 2012 8:46 AM GMT

Blood Sisters
Blood Sisters
by Barbara Keating

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 2 Feb 2009
This review is from: Blood Sisters (Paperback)
Having grown up in Kenya and gone to school with the authors of Blood Sisters and A Durable Fire, it was like a walk down memory lane. It brought back my own past and childhood so vividly and accurately, I felt I was almost reliving that time in Kenya. I can't wait for the third part of the Langani Trilogy!