Profile for Mr. T. A. Hall > Reviews

Content by Mr. T. A. Hall

Mr. T. A. Hall "tomhall_uk"

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Classics of Moral and Political Theory
Classics of Moral and Political Theory
by Michael L. Morgan

5.0 out of 5 stars Mind numbingly tedious, but ideal if you have a degree to pass, 29 Jan 2010
I needed this in 1st year for my politics degree. I'm now in my last term of third year, and I can honestly say, whilst I find the content as described in the title, this is undoubtedly the best book I have ever purchased. As the title suggests, it does what it says on the tin. It has all the basic core texts to get you through University with minimum expenditure on philosophy texts. I'm not a fan of philosophy (Plato, Aristotle and Hobbes in particular) as it's extremely difficult to read, however this book provides the texts in one place, so comparing them is easy, even if you do find you'd rather jump off the top floor of the library instead.

Acolyte
Acolyte

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but expected something more, 29 Jan 2010
This review is from: Acolyte (MP3 Download)
The chances are most people have bought this album on the strength of singles Doubt, Counterpoint and This Momentary. The albums good, but some of the songs around these three feel like filler. Submission for example, is just begging to be released as a single. The minute I heard it on the radio I liked it, though I didn't expect it to be Delphic, and to be honest when I found out it was Delphic I was a bit disappointed - it could in all honesty be any other band, and isn't consistent with the totally unique nature of the previous Delphic singles, or in fact the rest of the album. It's a good album, though calling it album of the year is a tad premature, and if nothing better arises in the next 11 months, 2010 will have been a distinctly average year for British music.

YOURS TO KEEP
YOURS TO KEEP
Offered by mrtopseller

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 24 Feb 2007
This review is from: YOURS TO KEEP (Audio CD)
This is a very good album. One criticism is that none of these songs would look out of place on a strokes album, and if the strokes went for a softer sound, this is probably what it would sound like.

However, having said that Hammond is evidently a talented guy, and the album stands up on its own next to any of the strokes albums. (Except 'Is this it', nothing compares to that!!)

Nintendo Wii Console (Includes Wii Sports)
Nintendo Wii Console (Includes Wii Sports)
Offered by Bargain Games UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Thouroughly Enjoyable, 24 Feb 2007
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I finally got my hands on the Wii today. May I just say that I ordered it off amazon last night, and it arrived this morning - excellent!

It's everything I'd wanted it to be to be honest, and will provide a nice outlet during the bordem of my exams.

The God Delusion
The God Delusion
by Richard Dawkins

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 2 Oct 2006
This review is from: The God Delusion (Hardcover)
This book is fantastic. The author doesn't shy away from what he thinks. Although he is frank, and at times, extremely funny ('To be fair, much of the Bible is not systematically evil but just plain weird') he is not in anyway insulting, or offensive to religions. He treats every religion the same.

Elevator
Elevator
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 30 July 2006
This review is from: Elevator (Audio CD)
Really Great album, had never heard of them before but I've listened to this about 500 times.

You're A Woman, I'm A Machine [Digipack]
You're A Woman, I'm A Machine [Digipack]
Offered by makandmabel

5.0 out of 5 stars Like The White Stripes, But different, 30 July 2006
This is a heavier version of the White Stripes. i.e. its not guitar and drums, its bass and drums.

Sounds awesome though!

Team America: World Police [DVD]
Team America: World Police [DVD]
Dvd ~ Trey Parker
Offered by DVD Overstocks

4.0 out of 5 stars Funny, but..., 30 July 2006
This film is really funny, although only the first time.

I watched this film on my own, and at some bits literally cringed - notably a sex scene involving puppets.

Other bits are very funny, others are hilarious, just somtimes it sails a bit close to the wind.

Lock, Stock And Two Smoking Barrels [DVD] [1998]
Lock, Stock And Two Smoking Barrels [DVD] [1998]
Dvd ~ Jason Flemyng

4.0 out of 5 stars Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels..., 19 July 2006
This is a great film - although it only gets four stars because in places it trys just a little too hard.

Some of the 'Gangster' acting is hilarious, when I'm sure a bit more of it is suppost to be serious.

Still a great film, well worth a watch, will make you laugh with joy, but also cringe with laughter at the same time.

Sin City [DVD] [2005]
Sin City [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Bruce Willis
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Bizzarely good, 28 Jun 2006
This review is from: Sin City [DVD] [2005] (DVD)
This is without a doubt the strangest, yet compelling film I've ever seen. Skipping between story lines works well, somehow, and the fact it was all filmed in front of a blue screen makes the effects even more impressive. It retains the 'comic' aspect fo it though, with cartoonish cars and the animation to match.

Fantastic.