Profile for Freedom Of Speech > Reviews

Content by Freedom Of Speech

Freedom Of Speech (London,United Kingdom)

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15
Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition (PS3)
Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition (PS3)
Offered by Game Trade Online

1.0 out of 5 stars Surfboarder lands would have been better, 1 Dec. 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
When Borderlands was released back in 2009, it surprised everyone with it's unique hybrid of shooting and role playing.everyone that is except from me,I thought it was a total steaming pile of crap. Borderlands was definitely unique until Borderlands 2 hit the shelves it's actually horribly repetitive and clunky. But Borderlands combined Diablo-style looting and frantic FPS combat, all the while providing for some of the most intensely and unsatisfying gun play in a shooter. Borderlands was definitely a breath of fresh air in the FPS market, and it's a darn shame we don't have less games in the genre like it. Now, Borderlands is back with this sequel,bottom barrel scraping sequel and the series is all the poorer for it.

I won't say too much about the single player experience because if I say too much it'll put you off from buying the game but given the amount of missions available, it seems Borderlands 2 will provide a lengthy, unsatisfying experience especially to all the Borderlands Fanboys I'm finished with the game.

As we all know, the story for Borderlands was extremely forgettable. That's not to say the single player campaign didn't have merit, it most certainly did. NOT! The art design was crap, Pandora was occasionally a vivid location, and some of the encounters you faced made for some misserable gaming moments. That said, the characters were extremely forgettable (aside from the awesome Claptrap), and the plot line was about as memorable as watching a modern artist craft a generic sculpture out of toilet roll tubes. Borderlands 2, on the other hand is even worse still.

Perhaps the biggest part of the game's success as a story is non existent . Video Game developers know that building a world is one of the best ways to tell a story, especially in a First Person Game (just look at Half-Life). It's easily one of the video game worlds biggest and most unsuccessful strengths, and Borderlands 2 knows this. Borderlands 2 is an awful western experience, with a mood that recalls a comic book if it were hijacked by Mickey Mouse. Of course, the famous Borderlands 2 art style is back, and it provides for an awful artistic foundation for Borderlands 2's vivid recreation of Pandora. And Pandora is rubbish, Borderlands 2 won me £20 when I bet someone they couldn't play it for more than 5 minutes without getting bored,

The Sound track is also very untastefully done. The soundtrack truly makes the space western mood they were going for. Great sound effects and voice acting follow suit.(you do realise I'm joking ,the soundtrack is total and utter crap just like the game)

Now, to game play. The basic game play concepts remain the same.basic.

The biggest addition to Borderlands 2 is the number 2 after the word "Borderlands"

As you defeat enemies, you can upgrade the powers of the class,blah,blah,blah.

All of this translates to the multi-player extremely well. Borderlands 2 offers four-player co-op, and it succeeds thanks in no small part to the great lies I am writing in my review.

I do have a few issues, however.

Other than that, this game is just terrific especially if you like crap I don't know much else to say here, but if you are a fan of Borderlands, this is not just a mere revision, it's a whole new great game. Personally, I really don't find myself every playing the original Borderlands ever again, and it's definitely a stand out in the cluttered FPS genre that exists today. It's got humor, it's got replay value, it's got role-playing, it's got terrific gun play, and it's got enough things to do to keep you hooked for days. Needless to say, if you like Borderlands, you want this one. Easily. Go get it.I'd personally rather get plague than this useless piece of crap and that would increase my life expectancy by a good few years.

Until next time.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 23, 2014 7:43 PM GMT

Goldeneye 007: Reloaded - Move Compatible (PS3)
Goldeneye 007: Reloaded - Move Compatible (PS3)
Offered by Game Dealz

1.0 out of 5 stars Double Oh-No, 1 Dec. 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
James Bond is a dill hole and makes that more obvious than this game once you play it for a few minutes.shoddy juddery graphics snap with the gameplay and this has already been done years ago on the N64 and it was much better all those years ago when technology was still finding its feet.now all these years later technology has supposedly progressed and got better with age ,a bit like me really I've certainly matured with age ask anyone that knows me .and still the game has nothing new to offer me.some of you simple people might be impressed by this instalment of 007 but its certainly not one for me.ots a definite thumbs down from the reviewing genius that is GamesMasterForLife. And there's no charge for the advice either and don't mention it ,it was my pleasure.think nothing of it.

Nba Jam (PS3)
Nba Jam (PS3)
Offered by Gameland GmbH

1.0 out of 5 stars NBA Jam GOTY ?, 1 Dec. 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Nba Jam (PS3) (Video Game)
This is probably one of the finest ever games to grace Gods green earth,fine ass graphics awesome graphics and an awesome array of weapons at your disposal.there are so many missions to choose from and they will keep you hooked for years the gameplay is so varied and unlike anything I've ever seen before anywhere.the only game I can think of that even comes close to this game is Assassins Creed 3 but the two games have a slightly different game theme to them but the goal remains the same in both.the graphics prize has to go to NBA Jam I defy any game to have better graphics ever.I dare you to even try . the game play and game smoothness is better on NBA Jam also I think if only Assassins Creed 3 could have wanted it more and maybe pumped more money into the game they could have won it by a whisker.also the weapons in Assassins creed are no where near as good as those in NBA Jam they need to work on that if they want to compile enough games to make a boxset.I bet Steve Ptasznik will like this review or maybe not especially someone like him with his very limited sense of humour,no sorry saying it like that would imply that he actually had a sense of humour so we'll scrap that.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II [Standard edition] (PS3)
Call of Duty: Black Ops II [Standard edition] (PS3)
Offered by Zartek UK

1.0 out of 5 stars Fanboys delight.Not to be confused with the Angel variety, 1 Dec. 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
I'm back once again and I'm going to tell It to you straight with this review no sugar coating. You're going to get everything this time warts and all
This review is going to show you the inferior majority what I can really do ,this is going to show that I've surpassed everyone's expectations not just the reviewing publics expectations but also my own.you know it makes sense so relax and read on.oh and don't forget to enjoy.

Here it is another outing from C.O.D. The poor mans Sonic The Hedgehog ,on their last outing I was in outer space and I could still see the flames when they crashed & burned but this games few long worthy followers that have had their minds poisoned will undoubtedly be there on day 1 @ midnight to get their copy of this "virus on a disc" that's as positive as I can be about this game because that's all that can be said about the same old , same old C.O.D.the rumours,the whispers and the other stuff is all over now and don't listen to a word of it because the games producers aren't exactly going to tell you the truth about the game because if they did they wouldn't have a lot of fanboys would they ? Because they'd have all gone else where ,maybe to Little Big Planet" yeh :Little Big Planet fanboys .trying to rectify all the errors from the 2010 C.O.D. Bargain basement game which didn't really sell much and probably cost billions if penny's to make . LOL :-) I'll be honest with you not much has changed since the last edition except from the games front cover ,you get an arcade mode you get a few different missions and you still get to shoot stuff. The audience goes "WOW" I'm with you audience .
The game also still has a multiplayer mode which allows more than one player to play at the same time.even Cobaltmotari should be able to understand that .if there's one thing to be learnt from this game it's don't buy it and also the 2nd thing to be learnt is that from playing this game I have come to the conclusion that simple things please simple minds an there are a lot of simple people in earth which is why there are so many C.O.D. Fanboys.

Thank you fanboys/Girls I'm warning you the review is far more fun than you'll ever have playing the game .

Dead Space 3 (PS3)
Dead Space 3 (PS3)
Offered by Bargain Games UK

1.0 out of 5 stars Its spacey & you're dead......, 1 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Dead Space 3 (PS3) (Video Game)
It does exactly what it says on the tin , that's right this game "Dies In Space " & anyone that's played it wont be surprised by anything I'm writing.never has a truer word been written in jest than the words that my fair hands are producing for your eyes only.you lucky people , I only wish I was as lucky as you & had someone as awesome as me to write stuff for me.back to the game as the title suggets the game has some space in it & there might also be some dying & I'm not just talking about the game if you know what I mean.when I went to the EA website and saw the title page for Dead Space 3 & it says "Take Down The Terror Together " the best way for you to do that is by avoiding this game in the same way you avoid going to work.most of you will say you work from home but I'll tell you know that playing video games @ home isn't classed as working - you get me ? I didn't think so,sometimes I wonder if I'm writing all this stuff for my own health which would explain the severe obesity problem that is America.

Calm Down son
Freedom of Speech
Knows
Best

Need for Speed Most Wanted (PS3)
Need for Speed Most Wanted (PS3)
Offered by GAMES CONSOLES BARGAIN

1.0 out of 5 stars No Need, No Speed......Unwanted, 1 Dec. 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
Always judge a review by it's title and this review is a prime example of that.this review may be harmful to those of you with a delicate disposission but I'll worry about that when I need to which wont be anytime soon.gone are the days when you had decent driving games like Road Rash & Chase HQ , games where you can drive to catch your enemies and smash the hell out of them aswell.now all you have is crap like this where you drive a car and that's it.this game is a very poor driving simulator.a nd a very poor simulator at that.EA need to try something different next time they make a Need For Speed game , throw caution to the wind and raise it up a notch.throw in some weapons or something a few motorbikes and some iron bars/baseball bats or something.violence makes the world go round,take a look at America for example violence everywhere and it's started to spread to the UK now we've opened the floodgates and every immigrant on the planet 's heard about it. violence isn't just something that happens on the street it's a joyous event that should be able to be experienced in the comfort of your own four walls and you should if you wish be able to enjoy it in the comfort of your living room.GTA has been dead for years now but they just keep producing more of the same crap time after time after time.and suckers like you just keep taking the bait.most of you are probably drooling yourselves to sleep and can't wait until the next GTA game later this year.keep your eyes peeled for my review of this GTA crap once it's hit the shelves of your local games shop.

There's only 1 star & it's 1 star all the way.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 22, 2013 1:36 AM GMT

Injustice: Gods Among Us (PS3)
Injustice: Gods Among Us (PS3)
Offered by Digitalville UK

1.0 out of 5 stars No Justice And No Gods. What The............., 1 Dec. 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
There really is no justice in the world as this game is proof of that.how does something like this make it to the shelves in the local games shops ? It's trying to do something but I'm certain I don't know what it is.another reviewer said something about it being made by the same critters that made Mortal Kombat,if that's true it's nothing to be proud of.

Gameplay : you can interact with items on the screen.pick stuff up and throw it & stuff like that.but whats new about that ? I'm certain that's been done before and not just the once.lots of the characters in the game are characters I've never heard of,so unless you're a die hardcore DC Fanboy you wont want anything to do with this game.the graphics are nothing special and neither is the gameplay.there is no storyline as this is just a beat em up.what does that mean ? beta your opponent up and you will win.wa great storyline.it this game takes you more than 45minutes to complete you need psychiatric help and soon.all in all there's nothing here that hasn't been done before,and it's been done better before too.

Don't buy this game unless you're buying it for someone that you really hate.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 24, 2013 4:52 PM GMT

Dead Island Riptide (PS3)
Dead Island Riptide (PS3)
Offered by games-n-console-land

1.0 out of 5 stars Brain dead Island Rip Off, 1 Dec. 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
don't know quite what I was expecting from this game or why I got this game but here we go .I hope you find this as entertaining to read as all my other reviews,I found it quite entertaining to write so I hope you enjoy it.this game quite like it's predecessor is what can only be described as a poor mans Resident Evil,and that might sound like an insult because the Resident Evil franchise is hardly what you'd call a success story.so what does that mean for the already ill fated Dead Island ? if you know nothing zombie addicts are anything to go by then it means nothing less than world success for this game & probably another GOTY.

The combat is very repetitive in this game and you will get very bored very soon unless you're as braindead as the zombies in the game.The game starts of quite well ,you see yourself running of a sinking ship,zombies begging to be killed and then the coma kicks in.the game is so boring that if it wasn't for people like you "Troll Hunters" this game would be destined to fail.but due to clever marketing by the games producers ,they saw you geeks coming a mile off and knew this game would only go one way,and that's the way of success.who knows if you losers buy enough copies of this game there might even be a third one.I know I've not had anything positive to say about this game but I did play it through to the end and all I can say is that it was a half an hour wasted that I'll never see again,and to think I could have done so much in that half an hour.oh well until we meet again .

Rage: Anarchy Edition (PS3)
Rage: Anarchy Edition (PS3)

1.0 out of 5 stars Enraged, 1 Dec. 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review goes out to all you fanboys out there,I hope you find my review offensive.

I unlike everyone else haven't been looking forward to the newest addition to the Modern Warfare series of COD. And dare say it I'm gutted with the latest incarnation on first impressions. I can honestly say that I dont think there are any improvements since MW2, graphically it's the same as "Pong" bfrom back in the day, the sound effects are mediocre at best and the you guys will still rush out & buy the game though of that I have no doubt.single player campaign is predictable and short. There is no "WOW" factor like there was in MW2 (even Black ops had it's moments). MW3 is souless. The best part of this game is the bit when you seitch the game off & throw the piece of crap away.

Multiplayer (which is why most of you buy this game) is crap affair...you guys will still be rushing out to buy this game though of that I have no doubt,I would be surprised if you didn' tbuy it after all you are all game addicts & you doi nothing but play games all day & go to school.

Quick Sniping is back whether or you love or hate it, but you will only find people who are very good at it running around with a sniper in MW3 as the multiplayer maps are small! They do look nice, but they all give a very similar feel as you find yourself repeatedly running around in built up area's which make way for some very close combat at times. The re-spawning is another gripe I have with this game and more than on the odd occasion have I been spawned into the game being already down the sights of an enemy and dead within seconds! Again this should be patched as I'm not the only person who has raised these comments on forums and in reviews. I really hope Infinity Ward are reading and listening to these comments and release updates soon because even the fanboy's can't keep this game at 5 stars and I'm sure that will reflect on sales in the long run. I'd never thought I'd see the day when Infinity Ward would let MW's standards slip. It's by far the most popular series of COD and as a huge COD fan I'm gutted with MW3.

I hope you all enjoy reading this review as much as you enjoy playing the game.whatever you think "I will be back"
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 17, 2013 4:35 PM GMT

SSX (PS3)
SSX (PS3)
Offered by Turbotrance

1.0 out of 5 stars SSX Sucks, 1 Dec. 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: SSX (PS3) (Video Game)
A modern day reinvention of one of the most critically acclaimed arcade franchises of all-time crashes & burns.& u can see the flames from outer space, EA Sports SSX will allow players to experience the franchise's signature fun and adrenaline-packed gameplay across iconic mountain ranges all over the world.But don't expect too much unless you want to be disappointed,because you will be.

Redefining the SSX franchise, SSX will pit riders versus both mountain and man & with the rubbish controls the mountain will always win. Players will explore the story of a team who seek to be the first to descend the faces of the most treacherous mountain ranges on the planet. The team will travel the world to face the worst that Mother Nature can throw at them while you are facing the worst game EA has ever thrown @ you.I bet you will agree with me.

EA supposedly used NASA satellite data to make this game I don't think they should have bothered cos they didn't in previous versions & they were much better.

I can't believe this next claim by EA - SSX's recommendation engine - headline an online feature set that will revolutionize social competition for gamers, making it fun and easy to compete with friends on your schedule.
I expected more after all the trouble EA went to for this game but I honestly can't tell much difference between this game & the very first SSx game released all those years ago.

My advice to you is if you like snowboarding go snowboarding,If you like video games don't buy this because playing this will make u hate snowboarding

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15