Profile for Janie in Suffolk > Reviews

Content by Janie in Suffolk

Janie in Suffolk "none" (Suffolk England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Good jacket, 13 Jan. 2013
This was bought for a birthday present and is a really good quality warm jacket, reflecting a fairly high price. X large is not massive, I would say it is more an average large - so watch the sizes.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars present, 13 Jan. 2013
This was a christmas present for my son who loves City & colour from Alexisonfire. He loves the T shirt and so do I, it will make a change from the usual black or navy dark ones. Good quick delivery and the sizing is accurate.

The Weather Channel for Android
The Weather Channel for Android

4.0 out of 5 stars Relaible, 13 Jan. 2013
This seems fairly accurate and reliable so far. Lots of information on a little screen, about as much as you'll want to know without putting your head outside the door. But you can get a clue as to what the weather will be later in the day or early next morning which can be helpful.

Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter
Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter
by Tom Franklin

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 1 May 2012
An enjoyable and unusual story, the author obviously knowledgeable about small town America in the deep South. Perhaps a little bit predictable in the end, but I love books about rural America, the one we never see on films and TV. I liked the way the story turned things around so that it was the white boy who was the outcast all his life and the black boy who was becoming a bit of a local hero, but really it should have been the other way around. Read it and see.

Me Before You
Me Before You
by Jojo Moyes

5.0 out of 5 stars sleepless!, 2 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Me Before You (Paperback)
I read every night before I settle down to sleep, and as I am a slow reader it can take a few nights to get through a book. This one has kept me up until one in the morning when I have to give in and put it down to go to sleep. It is brilliant and well written and the characters are real. I can't wait to see what happens next every night!

Half Blood Blues
Half Blood Blues
by Esi Edugyan

4.0 out of 5 stars Good story in an original setting, 2 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Half Blood Blues (Paperback)
This book is new and original. It is also a good book about musicians, and that is a rare subject done well. I've never read a book in these settings before, interesting descriptions of Berlin and then the fall of Paris in WW2. The style of writing might be a bit annoying to some, but it sounds authentic. Recommended.

Hugo Complete French: Complete CD language course - from beginner to fluency (Hugo Complete CD Language Course)
by Dorling Kindersley
Edition: Audio CD

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 18 Sept. 2011
I've only just started this course and I think it will give a good basic grounding in French. I wanted more than just holiday French and this seems well organised and easy to follow. My four stars rather than five is because the CD's are not as good as I'd hoped, though they are adequate enough and are good to check pronunciation, they whizz through the sections very quickly. I won't be learning it in three months because I am not doing an hour a day, but it probably could be done.

The Hare With Amber Eyes: A Hidden Inheritance
The Hare With Amber Eyes: A Hidden Inheritance
by Edmund De Waal

4.0 out of 5 stars A lovely book, 12 April 2011
I wasn't sure about this book when I started it, having read the rave reviews. It took a while to get into it, but it was worth reading. Informative rather than entertaining. A good read.

Go-Go Boots (Digipack)
Go-Go Boots (Digipack)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another good one, 12 April 2011
This review is from: Go-Go Boots (Digipack) (Audio CD)
I really like this DBT album once again. It is not a surprise, but I don't want one, I want good solid Drive By songs and tunes. Does the job.

The Dirty South
The Dirty South
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 10 Aug. 2010
This review is from: The Dirty South (Audio CD)
As a new listener to Drive by Truckers this is already one of my favourite albums.This has the taste and smell of the South running through it, but is accessible to anyone anywhere. Tornadoes is so atmospheric you could be there watching it. Spine tingling.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6