ARRAY(0xa6a55fcc)

Page: 1 | 2
Lightroom 5: Streamlining Your Digital Photography Process
Lightroom 5: Streamlining Your Digital Photography Process

5.0 out of 5 stars Really helping with a mamoth task, 28 Mar 2014
I decided to go with Lightroom to organise my 2 TB+ of images rather than the Bridge latch-on that comes with Photoshop 6 or use Elements. As I tinkered with Lightroom 4, Adobe brought out version 5. I upgraded and I then researched a support book for my Kindle Fire to help me. It was great being able to download samples to try from Amazon. These served their purpose but always were the very beginnings of the book which includes (and wastes in a sample) effusive thanks to all who helped but it did clearly show if there were accompanying images to use in learning and experimentation. I even borrowed one of my secondary choices for a couple of weeks and, after perusing that one, I headed straight for Mr Rob Sylvan!
He is a new author to me so this book is new and not a re-hash, re-write of a Lightroom 4 book. I find it clear and extremely helpful. The bookmarking and note system in Kindle books is a great asset as it removes the need for extra notepads and sticky bit of paper indexing important points. The flow is good and the accompanying practice files are a very good asset. It is clear that Rob knows his stuff and a Kindle is easily propped by the side of my computer to act as a continuing reference. I am thoroughly satisfied and believe that I made the best choice and was very grateful for the way Amazon enabled me to browse and choose - hooked on a new system for technical advice, on to Lightroom for making the best of my pictures and on to Rob as a new author to provide insight and guidance.

Chris Baldwin

The Digital Print: Preparing Images in Lightroom and Photoshop for Printing
The Digital Print: Preparing Images in Lightroom and Photoshop for Printing

5.0 out of 5 stars Promises a great deal, 17 Dec 2013
A book that seems to promise a great deal and needs to be carefully studied first. Come back to me when I have finished it & used it to some effect.

De'Longhi ICM2B 10-Cup Filter Coffee Maker
De'Longhi ICM2B 10-Cup Filter Coffee Maker
Offered by BestPricesUK

5.0 out of 5 stars better than expected, 12 Nov 2013
We broke the jug on our old coffee machine and couldn't find an adequate replacement which operated the release from the filter section. So we dumped the machine & bought this one. I had reservations about the built-in filter but it is easy to remove and clean. It doesn't take out as much of the grounds as a paper filter but that is probably my fault as I grind my own coffee and do tend to go a little too fine a grind. It's only a tiny layer at the bottom of the mug. It is quick, makes a decent amount and we will soon save its purchase price as we are no longer buying paper filters!

Polish is EASY!
Polish is EASY!

1.0 out of 5 stars Have I missed the Basics, 3 Nov 2013
This review is from: Polish is EASY! (Kindle Edition)
OK, 333 words in categories, however, how do I say `Please` & `Thank you`? Why not start with the basic courtesies?

Lastolite Collapsible Reversible Wyoming/Mississippi 1.8x2.15 with train (67WU)
Lastolite Collapsible Reversible Wyoming/Mississippi 1.8x2.15 with train (67WU)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good once erected, 19 Sep 2013
I used this very successfully with figures standing against it and draped over a table so a baby could lie on it. Getting the background in place was more of a 2 person job but I did have to work in a small room which, I am sure, didn't help (use all but one of the supporting rods). Packing away was a similar problem but eventually managed to get it into the circular bag. I would love to have the luxury of leaving it up but not possible, I travelled over 60 miles to do the baby pictures. Used the grey side as subjects had dark blue based clothes on (not the baby!) and it showed up well. Where the curve of the background was visible on an edge of an image, cloning was superbly possible and not visible due to the random/abstract pattern of the material.

Unico Tanga Suspensor Habilidad Men's Underwear (XL)
Unico Tanga Suspensor Habilidad Men's Underwear (XL)
Offered by AsdruMark

5.0 out of 5 stars Good now I have the correct size, 19 Sep 2013
I love these briefs (tangas) as I like minimal underwear! Their sizing seems to be at variance with other manufacturers but once you sort out to go 1 or 2 sizes bigger all seems OK. The firm dispatching were very quick and good at this - packing was excellent

Amateur Photographer
Amateur Photographer

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the outlay of a subscription, 19 Sep 2013
This review is from: Amateur Photographer (App)
I previously had a paper-based subscription which I terminated as I wanted to move to digital to prevent an ever-increasing pile of magazines & selected pages.
I found the app rather fiddly to use but I persevered and managed to read the free ones offered as a taster to this subscription. However I found the content rather limited and preferred the special editions and 'Photo Technique' which I found in Smiths and is also published by AP. I preferred to take out a Zinio subscription to 'Photo Technique' and use the AP app to buy single issues if I REALLLY WANT THEM. At £7+ per month subscription I can buy 2 issues as single ones per month and be in pocket. My recent experience over 4 issues showed me that I am unlikely to buy more than I per month. It would help if the technical articles to do with Photoshop & Elements had a link to the file used so I could use it to practise.

Black White Two Backdrops Photo Studio 2m Background Stand Support Photography Set
Offered by PMS®

3.0 out of 5 stars Good support but poor background, 3 Sep 2013
Initially, I was really impressed but as I used it I found problems. The stand is good! A little wobbly/fragile but once set up it worked great. easy to pack away as well. The problem was the supplied white background which wouldn't give up its creases despite ME ironing it repeatedly with a steam iron and damp cloth. Replacing it with white sheets gave same result but a bit better. Not tried the black yet. As a result I have ordered a roll of white paper but at a width of 1.35m not full size (hope I can get it in the car!). Recommend the support system is purchased alone and separate backgrounds considered.

Pack of 5 Portrait Style Replacement Plastic Credit Card Insert Sleeves 5013
Pack of 5 Portrait Style Replacement Plastic Credit Card Insert Sleeves 5013
Offered by Ashlie Craft

5.0 out of 5 stars Needed these for ages, 23 April 2013
I was contemplating buying a new credit card wallet as these inserts on mine were opening up & I was fearful that cards would drop out. Searches on the web and specifically in eBay produced nothing. Then found these when looking for new wallet on Amazon so saved a fortune!! I have spares as well now!

Plug in with onOne Software
Plug in with onOne Software
by Nicole S. Young

3.0 out of 5 stars Helpful but link to images would have been good, 23 April 2013
Found it a good & interesting read and I am glad I bought it as it reveals possibilities. However, the proof of the pudding is in the eating & I would liked to have learned by mimicking the instructions. Magazines such as Digital photo and Applied Photoshop include CDs of starting images and books that I have bought have CD or link to the images for downloading. I can find neither in this book (hope it's not me being stupid!) so I feel that it has not fully informed me. As in incentive to purchase the suite of software it is a good book but not having the images to play with is frustrating.

Page: 1 | 2