Profile for Elaine R > Reviews

Elaine R

BRITA Classic Water Filter Cartridges - 6 Pack
BRITA Classic Water Filter Cartridges - 6 Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars good service and value, 25 May 2015
Have bought these filters twice now, each time getting a years supply at once which is much better value and less bother. Good service. Hopefully I'll be able to get more next year

Acctim 74132 Cadiz Radio Controlled Wall Clock, White
Acctim 74132 Cadiz Radio Controlled Wall Clock, White

5.0 out of 5 stars good service and happy with purchase, 25 May 2015
Very pleased generally with the clock. It works well and looks good. The slightly arctic-blue tone of the white plastic surround was a surprise and doesn't match well with the other whites in my room, especially the upvc windows, but it is a pleasing clear face.

CRYSTAL JEWEL CASES PK10
CRYSTAL JEWEL CASES PK10
Offered by Vision Media Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality and good service, 25 May 2015
The cases arrived promptly and are excellent quality exactly as described.

Purina ONE Adult Wet Chicken & Beef Mini Fillets in Gravy, 8 x 85 g (Pack of 5)
Purina ONE Adult Wet Chicken & Beef Mini Fillets in Gravy, 8 x 85 g (Pack of 5)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good as part of a mixed diet, 27 Oct. 2014
My cat really enjoys this and because it contains taurine I'm prepared to give it to her as part of a mixed diet with various other foods including some raw meat. It isn't ideal on the percentage of beef or chicken per sachet so I would never use it as the only food, but it definitely gets eaten quickly, with no waste so has much to recommend it.

Galaxy S2 - SnakeHive Branded Luxury Genuine Leather Black Flip Case for Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 & Free Premium Screen Protector

4.0 out of 5 stars Good qualiy soft leather but the sleek design could be improved, 22 April 2013

The leather is of good quality, smooth and pleasing to hold and it fits my Samsung Galaxy 11 perfectly

The phone clips into a sturdy base of strong plastic, protecting the corners and making it more substantial to hold and makes me feel less likely to drop it. There's also a sturdy but unobtrusive "eye" on one side which I assume is for looping a safety handle as on a small camera, but this is not provided with the purchase.

The reason I have not given quite full marks is that it I think it would have been better to make the fastening strap wider allowing it to cover the camera lens when the case is closed, The phone design dictates that the fastener has to be slim and off centre to have the charger port useable with the case closed. However I would have preferred to have both the lens and the charging port covered rather than them both exposed at all times, It seems preferable to cover these and accept that the case has to be open whilst charging - which also prevents overheating.

Game of Thrones
Game of Thrones
Offered by Chris' Soundtrack Corner

5.0 out of 5 stars Game of Thrones CD is the jewel in the crown, 28 May 2012
This review is from: Game of Thrones (Audio CD)
The Series "Game of Thrones" has been glorious and I found myself looking forward to the opening sequence for each episode; the sweeping panning of Westeros and the mesmerising music. I bought the CD on the strength of this , and I've been delighted to find that the rest of the music is equally atmospheric, imaginative and captivating. I often find with any new CD that I need to hear the music several times before I can form a real understanding or make a judgement, and this was definitely the case here, as the more times I heard it the more thoroughly I enjoyed it. As with all sound track music the sections are sometimes a bit shorter than you might wish and don't evolve and grow enough to be totally satisfying in themselves, but you have to hear the whole CD together for that, by which time you have absorbed the atmosphere of the story and characters perfectly.