Profile for Pale Face > Reviews

Oculus
Oculus
Dvd

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't Bother, 30 April 2016
This review is from: Oculus (Amazon Video)
I watched this hoping that Karen Gillan might get her kit off. Boy, was I disappointed.

Original Album Series
Original Album Series

5.0 out of 5 stars Four Lads Who Shook My World. "ta", 13 April 2016
This review is from: Original Album Series (Audio CD)
Despite the fact I already own these albums on CD and vinyl. I may buy this box set just for the hell of it. Echo & the Bunnymen are a special part of my being since the early 80's when first I discovered this unique band. They were the crowned princes of English indie new wave before a certain band from Manchester came along and stole the thunder. Any aspiring young musicians seeking inspiration should hear these musical gems and the Bunnymen's legacy will continue.

Fanny Hill (Expanded Edition)
Fanny Hill (Expanded Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fanny Hill Rock n Roll Like It Used To Be, 7 April 2016
I picked up a battered and very dirty vinyl copy of Fanny Hill for 50p in a charity shop. I cleaned it up and ripped it on to my iPod. Pure golden musical alchemy was the result. Proper rock music like they used to make in that sacred golden age that was the early 70's. The Sound and the Fury reminds me of Dead Flowers by The Stones from Sticky Fingers. All girl rock band Fanny they should have been massive.

Looking Through
Looking Through

1.0 out of 5 stars Great album rubbish quality download, 17 Mar. 2016
This review is from: Looking Through (MP3 Download)
I have transferred my old vinyl copy of this album to my ipod and the quality is superior to this travesty of a download. Shame on whoever allowed this. The Danse Society deserve better.

Lifeforce [1985] [DVD]
Lifeforce [1985] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Steve Railsback
Offered by Discs4all

4.0 out of 5 stars Mathilda May The Perfect Woman, 6 Mar. 2016
This review is from: Lifeforce [1985] [DVD] (DVD)
I love this movie. Is a remastered DVD version available?

After Earth [DVD] [2013]
After Earth [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Will Smith
Offered by Bridge_Records

2.0 out of 5 stars The Fresh Prince Lost in Space, 25 Feb. 2016
This review is from: After Earth [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
Yet another potentially good sci-fi movie ruined by Will Smith and his talentless kin. So far we have Independence Day, I Robot, I Am legend, The Day the Earth Stood Still now After Earth. Not forgetting Mrs Smith's naff performance in Matrix Regurgitated. Hollywood please stop this sabotage of a once intelligent and thought provoking film genre.

The Martian [DVD] [2015]
The Martian [DVD] [2015]
Dvd ~ Matt Damon

2.0 out of 5 stars Martian PC Strikes Again, 11 Feb. 2016
This review is from: The Martian [DVD] [2015] (DVD)
Hollywood strikes again with yet even more political correctness in space nonsense. I watched until the smart talking bro showed up with his sling shot theory, really. Yet another sci-fi movie ruined with this unrealistic and unbelievable patronising tosh.

Texas Chainsaw 2013 [DVD]
Texas Chainsaw 2013 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Alexandra Daddario
Offered by FREETIME

2.0 out of 5 stars Alexandra Daddario, 27 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Texas Chainsaw 2013 [DVD] (DVD)
I can not tell a lie the only reason I endured this tripe was to look at Alexandra Daddario's beautiful bust.

Aladdin Sane: Remastered
Aladdin Sane: Remastered
Offered by Bridge_Records

5.0 out of 5 stars Lady Grinning Soul Skin Sweet with Musky Oil, 25 Jan. 2016
Still my favourite Bowie album after all these years a masterpiece. If you only ever buy one of his albums this is it.

I quote Bryan Ferry's paean to Humphrey Bogart from 2HB.

"your death could not kill our love for you"

Amy [DVD]
Amy [DVD]
Dvd ~ Asif Kapadia

1.0 out of 5 stars Am I missing something?, 14 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Amy [DVD] (DVD)
Supposedly the most talented artist Britain had produced in years. Where, everything about her was ugly and vulgar. Frankly I found this dire and boring.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6