Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Amazon Customer

Haatchi and Little B
Haatchi and Little B
Price: 5.69

5.0 out of 5 stars The story of a big gentle dog and a brave little boy, 20 Feb 2014
It's 1am and I have just finished reading the story of Haatchi and Little B, a book I found difficult to put down so would heartily recommend it! What a remarkable duo Haatchi and Little B are. The tear-jerking story of Haatchis rescue is ultimately uplifting and it's safe to say that the many acts of human kindness truly make a difference to how this story unfolds. Wendy Holden captures the emotional roller coaster of this story and life with the Howkins Drummond family beautifully from Haatchis dramatic rescue right through to the joy of Will and Colleens fairy tale wedding. If you don't already know this story then you must read it and if you do know the story, read it anyway, it's captivating. The heart warming story of Haatchi and Little B's wonderful bond and friendship is a journey that's just beginning. I look forward to reading the next instalment one day very soon.

Fractured
Fractured
Price: 1.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Sliding doors in book form?, 9 Oct 2013
This review is from: Fractured (Kindle Edition)
Initially I thought this was going to be a variation on the sliding doors theme but it actually wasn't. Cleverly written and with an interesting twist this book was compelling reading. Congratulations Dani I really enjoyed it :)

Necessary Lies
Necessary Lies
Price: 1.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Some authors always get it right!, 14 Aug 2013
This review is from: Necessary Lies (Kindle Edition)
Necessary Lies is compelling reading and the title is absolutely perfect for the story. Diane's books just get better. I've read most of them now and this one is right up there in my top three. As other readers have mentioned this is perhaps a more heart wrenching and disturbing tale of two very different women, Jane and Ivy. As always the characters are entirely believable and you find yourself rooting for Ivy from start to finish. I'm not surprised at the number of 5 star reviews this gets, it is just terrific. I must just say though that I am sick of people comparing Diane to Jodie Picoult. Jodie is Jodie and Diane is Diane. They are both successful female authors - let the comparisons end there! :)

Her Mother's Shadow (The Keeper of the Light Trilogy - Book 3)
Her Mother's Shadow (The Keeper of the Light Trilogy - Book 3)
Price: 3.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Her Mother's Shadow, 25 July 2013
What a great story - it flows beautifully from the other two Keeper books. As always it's unputdownable! Thanks Diane.

Good Husband Material
Good Husband Material
Price: 1.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Trisha Ashley Masterpiece, 23 Jun 2013
I just love Trisha's books. Good Husband Material is yet another of Trisha's 'unputdownable' books. I find her style so gentle, relaxing and calming - perfect reading after a busy day. I always smile when I'm reading her books and they leave me feeling quite content when they're over. Thanks Trisha - keep 'em coming x

Road to Rouen
Road to Rouen
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars So true, so funny!, 23 Jun 2013
This review is from: Road to Rouen (Kindle Edition)
'Wotcha!' What I won't do is spoil the story, tell you what happens or give anything much away. What I will do is give this book, by the very talented and engaging Mr Ben Hatch a gigantic thumbs up. Having discovered Ben on Twitter I decided to throw caution (and a fiver) to the wind and invest in some light entertainment. This is a laugh out loud read and although my kids are grown up now I completely identified with the 'adventure' they call a family road trip. I especially laughed at the bit with the doll's hair brush, the bit about Joan of Arc, the various 'cheese' elements, the baguettes at Disney and the car park 'wee'. You really must get this book - you won't want to put it down. It really is very good :)

Kiss River (The Keeper of the Light Trilogy - Book 2)
Kiss River (The Keeper of the Light Trilogy - Book 2)
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Of course I loved it!, 10 Jun 2013
I always love Diane's books. Thankfully I only discovered her writing just a few months ago so have been completely spoilt with the number of books available to buy on kindle. As always an insightful and compelling story :)

Reflection
Reflection

5.0 out of 5 stars Reflection, 10 Jun 2013
This review is from: Reflection (Kindle Edition)
Another Diane Chamberlain masterpiece. I absolutely love her books and hope she continues writing for many many years to come!

Fifty Shades of Grey
Fifty Shades of Grey
by E L James
Price: 3.50

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh my!, 3 July 2012
This review is from: Fifty Shades of Grey (Paperback)
Oh dear! In fact, 'Oh my'. So I fall into the 1 star camp here. I bought and read this book to see what all the fuss was about having listened to girls at work jabbering on about it whilst blushing and giggling. i wanted to be in the 'we love Christian Grey' club so I bought it. Big mistake - and if I were you, don't bother buying it or even borrowing it although it is mildly amusing in places. The writing is pretty poor and I got sick of the yawn makingly boring continuous references to Ana's inner goddess, Christian's long index finger, Ana biting her lip, Christian tracing his finger along her mouth, 'oh my', 'wow', 'Holy' everything and foil packets. This book is soooo repetitive it is boring and I really don't get how so many women have been gripped by it. It's pretty much about a bloke controlling a woman (his 16th submissive) by hitting her with various things for his sexual pleasure. There's no love story, it just lurches (from ch8 onwards) from one sex scene to the next with Ana sporadically crying in her bed followed by Christian emailing her and then at some point spanking her. I'm starting to worry about friends who love this. Bizarre! Suffice to say books two and three will all get rave reviews and probably five star ratings on the basis that anyone who wasn't keen on book one will simply save their money and spend it on a tin of paint and will save their sanity by watching said paint dry! Those who loved it will read all books again and again, complain that their husbands are not exciting enough but would run a mile if a Christian Grey character wielding a contract with smouldering good looks, pots of money and shares in little foil packets so much as looked at them funny on the bus. Congrats to the author though who has made a mint out of a piece of poorly written fiction! Utter rubbish though readers, save your pennies :o) x
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 3, 2012 9:16 PM BST