Profile for Phil kendall > Reviews

Content by Phil kendall

Phil kendall "Meltemi" (On the edge of Civilization & the Fens)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Live Happily on Less
Live Happily on Less
Price: 3.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Live well on less, be happy & do something., 10 July 2013
Seven years ago we retired and we needed to make some fairly drastic changes to our UK lifestyle. In essence if you can't earn more then you make as many sacrifices as you are comfortable with.

This book would have got us there much quicker it is packed with sound advice for living on less. This book is written with the American family in mind but then it's her experiences and she writes about those things that worked for her and her family.

There are many dire books on life in retirement and there are even more dreadfully dire books on how to save money. If we did not want to do those things while we were employed why should we want to do them in retirement?

There are only a few books on living happily on less and this is a good one. There are things in life that make little sense like life-insurance; you pay into it and you die. Your survivors enjoy that money but you don't so why have it? Start here it's good!

What on earth do we need to save for in retirement? Those rainy days may come one day, so too will death. Meanwhile we live very well. Those savings we make by living on less finance our travels.

There is something here for anyone wanting to live well on less and then do more of those things they enjoy.

Of course if you are reading this on your Kindle then you too are already on your way to living happily on less! This is the greatest money saving device that I know of.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 6, 2013 11:44 AM BST

Whole Earth Organic Maple Frosted Flakes 375 g (Pack of 5)
Whole Earth Organic Maple Frosted Flakes 375 g (Pack of 5)
Offered by Natures Healthbox
Price: 16.49

2.0 out of 5 stars OK they are corn flakes, 8 July 2013
It's only the malt frosting in Kellogg's cornflakes that gives them gluten.

So these flakes are frosted with maple syrup and thus are gluten free. This is what I need as a 67 year old Coeliac.

They are small tasteless flakes and five boxes later I do not recall detecting any hint of maple syrup. They are only just sweet.

I do wish that this manufacturer would realise that adults also eat their products too.

Would I buy them again? No.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 10, 2013 2:17 PM BST

SILENT KNIGHT TUINA ACUPRESSURE RING. For snoring relief and a peaceful nights sleep-Medium
Offered by Mayfair Export
Price: 22.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Fewer Bruises in The Morning!, 27 Jun 2013
My scepticism has been overcome...you put it on you sleep...I wake up & take it off. There are far fewer unexpected thumps in the night due to my snores waking up my wife!

Terrasana Organic Maple Syrup 1 Litre
Terrasana Organic Maple Syrup 1 Litre
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The Holy Grail is found, 27 Jun 2013
After visiting Montreal in 2006 and bringing several cans home I have again found the real stuff...good honest genuine plain maple syrup without any other stupid flavourings...my boring Gluten-Free breakfast cereals now have a flavour! But this don't waste your money on anything less.

The Greek Islands - A Notebook
The Greek Islands - A Notebook
Price: 2.41

4.0 out of 5 stars Just a fascinating few, 21 May 2013
The trouble with titles like this that you hope for a lot of islands to be covered. Here you have but an eclectic few with many fascinating insights to those Islands, her people, their history and their ancient gods. It was an enjoyable read but then I'm a Grecophile

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job at a fraction of the price, 3 May 2013
Well made and a touch firmer than I'm used to. They do the job at about 25% of the real thing from the high street. it's a bit like generic printer inks. Would I buy them again? Yes because I can only tolerate a small brush-head in my mouth.

Natures Path Organic Maple Sunrise 300 g (Pack of 4)
Natures Path Organic Maple Sunrise 300 g (Pack of 4)
Offered by Cooking Marvellous
Price: 23.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Gluten Free Maple Syrup...Yes, 26 April 2013
One of the best GF cereals I have so far eaten. It has taste, variety in the spoon flavour and crunch. That is sadly lacking from the other insipid invalid food posing as Gluten Free. Coeliacs deserve/want flavour not an insipid blandness. This product will be part of my breakfasts from now on.

TUXEN Ethiopia Sidamo, Slow Roasted Coffee Beans, 1kg. (Delivery all over EU)
TUXEN Ethiopia Sidamo, Slow Roasted Coffee Beans, 1kg. (Delivery all over EU)

5.0 out of 5 stars From the home of Coffee Ethiopia, 24 April 2013
Coffees from around the world in one Kg quantities. Slow roasted in Denmark for a finer flavour. Stores very well in the freezer. Coffee at a good price...this is a real treat!

TUXEN Santos Brazil Cerrado, Slow Roasted Coffee Beans, 1kg. (Delivery all over EU)

5.0 out of 5 stars From The land of Coffee, 24 April 2013

Faithfull CHHOE Hand Hoe Cultivator Carbon with Soft Grip
Faithfull CHHOE Hand Hoe Cultivator Carbon with Soft Grip
Offered by AP Motor Store
Price: 4.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Hacks off weeds, 24 April 2013
Comfortable to use an excellent hand cultivator. This brand is well made and looks as if it could last. Weeds hate it!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6