Profile for Phil kendall > Reviews

Content by Phil kendall

Phil kendall "Meltemi" (On the edge of Civilization & the Fens)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
MENS MOCCASIN SLIPPERS STITCHED MULES SOFT WARM COMFORTABLE FAUX SUEDE MOCCASINS XMAS GIFT BOXED SIZE UK 6 - 12
Price: 5.05 - 13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fit for purpose, 17 Jan 2014
My size & fit, they are comfortable, they grip the wooden flooring and the polished stone tiled flooring and they are quiet [always a bonus] as I hate clacking sounds as a walk around the house. I will have to wait and see if the soles crack across the ball of the foot as did my last two pairs of Dunlop's
Adds 25-02-14 the grippy little treads are all-but worn away...

Tunisia (Mediterranean Cuisine)
Tunisia (Mediterranean Cuisine)
by H F Ullmann

5.0 out of 5 stars A Bargain, 8 Jan 2014
A 2006 edition still sealed and at my door 48 hours later [January 2014 18+ 21+ post-paid etc]. I too succumbed to the romance of the 2013 TV advert and spent Christmas & the New Year in Tunisia. The food is excellent and there was not a single English recipe book to be found [most disappointing! Im looking forward to using some of these recipes and adding the Gluten-Free touch.

Stainless Steel Cookware Cleaner (250ml)
Stainless Steel Cookware Cleaner (250ml)

1.0 out of 5 stars Hold Your Nose, 4 Jan 2014
One of the most unpleasant smelling cleaning products I have ever used for my polished stainless pans. Would I buy it again? No

Dymo LabelWriter 450 Label Maker
Dymo LabelWriter 450 Label Maker
Price: 74.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Buggy Is Correct, 4 Nov 2013
The supplied software is still incorrect, particularly for an I MAC 10.9 and it's two years on. Buyers should not have to contact their help desk it should work straight from the box.

But when you've got it working it's brilliant no more jammed sticky label sheets in the printer.

Grammar Despair -- Quick, Simple Solutions to Problems Like "Do I Say Him and Me or He and I?"
Price: 3.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Ok we all think we know this?, 10 Oct 2013
A useful little reminder for all those things we take for granted about communicating in the modern world. Carolyn's book is an easy read, something that is oh so difficult in grammar books. I tend to use the words but not always in the right order and her book will help. it's never too late to learn.

Braun MobileShave M-90 Portable Shaver
Braun MobileShave M-90 Portable Shaver
Offered by Smith & Co
Price: 13.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what is says, 4 Oct 2013
This portable go anywhere fool-proof battery powered razor is: easy to operate, easy to clean and part of my away from home or in-transit hand luggage. It's small enough to fit in a shirt pocket. And you can use it in the shower! It represents a considerable weight & space saving that is all so important in modern travel.

For the past 55 years I have used a variety of mains powered and mains rechargeable shavers some with more merit than others, Braun will always be my preferred shaver. I read some very negative reports re this shaver and I cannot agree with them, perhaps my stubble is less than some-others?

For me it's safer and quicker than a wet-shave and here too: 55 years off & on from those original Gillette blades, to the disposable varieties, to the multi-bladed heads and so on. Holiday bathrooms have lead to some bloody messes with real blades and there is nothing quite like a can of shaving foam going off in the suitcase...trust me here it happened!

just don't press it too hard to your face and don't let the beard grow for too many hours or days!

After thought...I always buy a spare head/foil when buying any new electric razor...Braun does not do this! It's a no brainer...this razor cost less than 18 and their spare heads start at 22!

Doves Farm Organic Cereal Flakes 375 g (Pack of 4)
Doves Farm Organic Cereal Flakes 375 g (Pack of 4)
Offered by Cooking Marvellous
Price: 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This I like..., 30 July 2013
As a Coeliac living in a large modern UK city with all of the major supermarkets to pick from getting a good Gluten-Free product is not always easy. Their Free-From sections are only a second thought and are poorly controlled and very often out of stock for months on end.

This is now my favourite Breakfast Flake...the crunch...the taste...

Here its always available and competitively priced too.

Lifesystems Expedition Natural Plus Spray 40+ 100ml 6400
Lifesystems Expedition Natural Plus Spray 40+ 100ml 6400
Offered by MDC Direct
Price: 6.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Horse Flies in the UK Midges in Greece and more..., 19 July 2013
I'm usually badly bitten by horse flies in the UK every July & August... This product works...into my third year of using this product.

Take a wet wipe of any description pump two or three squirts on to this...and spread up one arm...repeat for all limbs etc.

Now dispose of that used wet wipe in a bin...not down the loo.

It worked for me in the Brazilian Amazon basin earlier this year and on many Greek Islands...Mosquito control is no longer an affordable programme for the Greek Government. So Take this with you. I did not get a single bite...20 bites was the average for other visitors.

Live Happily on Less
Live Happily on Less
Price: 3.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Live well on less, be happy & do something., 10 July 2013
Seven years ago we retired and we needed to make some fairly drastic changes to our UK lifestyle. In essence if you can't earn more then you make as many sacrifices as you are comfortable with.

This book would have got us there much quicker it is packed with sound advice for living on less. This book is written with the American family in mind but then it's her experiences and she writes about those things that worked for her and her family.

There are many dire books on life in retirement and there are even more dreadfully dire books on how to save money. If we did not want to do those things while we were employed why should we want to do them in retirement?

There are only a few books on living happily on less and this is a good one. There are things in life that make little sense like life-insurance; you pay into it and you die. Your survivors enjoy that money but you don't so why have it? Start here it's good!

What on earth do we need to save for in retirement? Those rainy days may come one day, so too will death. Meanwhile we live very well. Those savings we make by living on less finance our travels.

There is something here for anyone wanting to live well on less and then do more of those things they enjoy.

Of course if you are reading this on your Kindle then you too are already on your way to living happily on less! This is the greatest money saving device that I know of.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 6, 2013 11:44 AM BST

Whole Earth Organic Maple Frosted Flakes 375 g (Pack of 5)
Whole Earth Organic Maple Frosted Flakes 375 g (Pack of 5)
Offered by Natures Healthbox
Price: 16.45

2.0 out of 5 stars OK they are corn flakes, 8 July 2013
It's only the malt frosting in Kellogg's cornflakes that gives them gluten.

So these flakes are frosted with maple syrup and thus are gluten free. This is what I need as a 67 year old Coeliac.

They are small tasteless flakes and five boxes later I do not recall detecting any hint of maple syrup. They are only just sweet.

I do wish that this manufacturer would realise that adults also eat their products too.

Would I buy them again? No.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 10, 2013 2:17 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6