Profile for P. Howe > Reviews

Content by P. Howe

P. Howe (London, UK)

Indie Kidd: How to Be Good(ish)
Indie Kidd: How to Be Good(ish)
by Karen McCombie

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly funny book, 9 Dec. 2014
I had trouble reading this to my kids because I was laughing so much.

We've loved Katie Davies' animal books, but this was much less dark. Perfect for my 8 and 6 1/2 year old. I read it to them, but they could have read it themselves. But it was too much fun for us to let anyone read it first.

It's about a 9 year old girl (indie) who is searching for her talents. Her house is full to bursting with animals, and her mother is so busy taking care of the animals she once forgot Indie's birthday.

Just read it - you will love it!

Clevamama ClevaBed Mattress Protector Single Bed - Fitted
Clevamama ClevaBed Mattress Protector Single Bed - Fitted

2.0 out of 5 stars OK but..., 6 Oct. 2013
We've used this for about a year now, and it is alright, but not as great as I'd hoped. It slides off the corners easily (we have a 25cm mattress). We also use it upside down, so the lovely soft side is down, as this means we don't have to wash it after every accident. However, it seems to be not as waterproof as it once was, and we now have to wash it, and the cloth underneath, frequently.

This pad has had alot of use, and alot of washing. But not in hot water, and no more than once a week. I know it's cheap and cheerful, but I'll be buying another brand next time.

Cinderella - Rags to Riches - Disney - Childrens Fancy Dress Costume
Cinderella - Rags to Riches - Disney - Childrens Fancy Dress Costume
Price: £18.20 - £30.69

4.0 out of 5 stars Speedy delivery, 14 Mar. 2012
I'm delighted that this arrived 3 days after I placed the order, in a lovely hanging bag and of good quality. A friend recommended Rubies, and I'm so glad I hunted them out. My daughter has been obsessing about this dress, so it's wonderful to have it arrive on time for her birthday.

A Gracious Plenty
A Gracious Plenty
by John T. Edge

5.0 out of 5 stars What a lovely book!, 30 Mar. 2010
This review is from: A Gracious Plenty (Hardcover)
I've envied a friend's copy of this book for years, and I'm so glad to have found a copy for myself! The recipes in here are wonderful, well-researched, and things you will not find elsewhere. The author has hunted through too many junior-league fund-raising cookbooks to count, and come up with the cream of the crop. I'm constantly surprised by this book, and use the recipes to spark new dishes. I'd highly recommend the Ocilla coleslaw, which is the easiest thing in the world, fabulous, and happens to be vegan! But the dressing works with grated Jerusalem artichokes as well, or grated carrots.

HABA 930 - Doll's Carrying Bag
HABA 930 - Doll's Carrying Bag
Offered by Juguetik

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, sturdy present, 30 Mar. 2010
I just bought this for my daughter's second birthday, and it is a lovely, sturdy toy. I thought the cot was quite expensive, but now that I've seen it, I understand why. It's well made and easy for kids to move, zip, walk with and stand in. She fits two dolls and a large teddy bear in the cot, and can then zip it herself. It comes with a pillow, blanket, cover which zips up and a removable canopy. We've only had it for a week, but I would be surprised if this did not last for years, even with toddler-play. The added bonus is that my daughter now loves bedtime, because she can put her dolls to bed first.