Profile for victoria > Reviews

Family: Life, Death and Football: A Year on the Frontline with a Proper Club
Family: Life, Death and Football: A Year on the Frontline with a Proper Club
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Not on my Kindle, 10 May 2014
This is an error, I do not have this book , I do not follow football so what is it doing on this list!!

Young Prince Philip: His Turbulent Early Life
Young Prince Philip: His Turbulent Early Life
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Young Gentleman Who Gave Up So Much, 10 May 2014
No doubt when Philip married Elizabeth he had his eye set on a Naval career, he was after all already in the Navy enjoying it and doing well. Overnight things change and the young Elizabeth is Queen. Philip then has to completely rethink his future which must have been very difficult. The story illustrates just how much he gave up to serve the country to honour and support his wife.
I found it really interesting from then onwards and saw him in a very different light. Prince Philip has given up so much and this is not always recognised. A great insight into his life with our wonderful Queen Elizabeth.

The Villa Triste
The Villa Triste
Price: 4.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant and Gripping, 10 May 2014
This review is from: The Villa Triste (Kindle Edition)
A story set in War Torn France, wonderful, one never knew what would happen next which meant it was hard to put down.
Loved it.

Winter Solstice
Winter Solstice
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely light read, 10 May 2014
This review is from: Winter Solstice (Kindle Edition)
I purchased this book for Kindle in error, since I have a hardback copy. I have therefore only read the hardback but no doubt it is the same. A typical Rosamunde Pilcher story, not heavy just pleasant light reading which I thoroughly enjoyed. A good holiday read, very descriptive.

Nothing To Envy: Real Lives In North Korea
Nothing To Envy: Real Lives In North Korea
Price: 4.63

5.0 out of 5 stars A Real Eye Opener, 10 May 2014
Until I read this book I knew nothing of North Korea. The book gives a detailed insight into life of the oppressed people who sadly have to live there. The book is extremely well written. How these people survive under such a regime I do not know, life for them is pretty awful. I recommend this book to anyone interested in world affairs and what goes on that we do not appreciate. I will no doubt read it again, excellent.

Maggie & Me
Maggie & Me
Price: 4.12

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 10 May 2014
This review is from: Maggie & Me (Kindle Edition)
This book was not as I expected. After a couple of chapters I took it of my Kindle. Poorly written, boring, I cannot say anything nice about it, except, best avoided.

Premium Reusable Hot/Cold Pack With Compression Cuff
Premium Reusable Hot/Cold Pack With Compression Cuff
Offered by C.M.S Medical Limited
Price: 3.24

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a good idea, 10 May 2014
A good idea which does not work. The heat is retained for such a short time and getting it to a reasonable temperature is difficult. Best use a hot water bottle which has a cover on it. Mine went into the dustbin.

The Villa
The Villa
Price: 0.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Just a great story, 10 May 2014
This review is from: The Villa (Kindle Edition)
Could not put this book down, loved it. The rest of the reviews I totally agree with, a bargain at 56p, that is what I paid.

The Fall and Rise of Lucy Charlton
The Fall and Rise of Lucy Charlton
Price: 1.95

4.0 out of 5 stars A good holiday read, 11 April 2014
I am almost at the end of this book, it has not be startling or gripping but I have enjoyed the story of Lucy and her sister
and would suggest this for a read on the beach, a simple story, perhaps the end may surprise me.

Fiskars 209921 Soft Touch Micro Tip Scissors
Fiskars 209921 Soft Touch Micro Tip Scissors
Offered by Barnyarns
Price: 9.84

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful tool, 11 April 2014
These little gems are great for just about everything where a small pair of scissors are needed. Sharp as a razor, wonderful to handle and cut with, excellent for unpicking either embroidery or incorrect stitching, indeed any general snipping. I do like the catch to hold them shut when not in use. A sewers dream, not to be loaned since they might not come back. An excellent purchase.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3