Profile for Steve Kemp > Reviews

Steve Kemp

Price: 43.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product!, 17 Sep 2013
Samsung M3 1TB USB 3.0 Slimline Portable Hard Drive - Black

This is my 3rd or 4th purchase of this product. I use it as a hard drive to store TV programs/films I want to watch at a later date, and as backups for my PCs...totally reliable product! Very quiet, and the USB 3.0 is very fast...very pleased, and highly recommend!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 8, 2014 6:35 PM BST

Maxstrength Heavy Duty Double Ended Triceps - Black, 3.3 cm
Maxstrength Heavy Duty Double Ended Triceps - Black, 3.3 cm
Offered by MAXSTRENGTH
Price: 7.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Maxstrength...says it all! Highly recommend!, 23 Mar 2013
MAXSTRENGTH Heavy duty double ended tricep press down rope cable.

This tricep rope attachment is as good as the best quality I’ve found in gyms (and better than some!).

The ropes are big, fat, and up to any amount of punishment! The quality of the ‘bells’, ropes, and the solid steel attachment all shout toughness and durability…these are going to last years!

As pointed out by other reviewers it may need something to attach/link to your equipment as the hole for a karabiner is fractionally smaller than some exercise machine attachments (the diameter of the inside measures 9mm…and there’s plenty of good quality karabiners on Amazon that would be fine, should your equipment need…so don’t be put off by this.

If you’re looking for a serious rope attachment, you need look no further…you WON’T be disappointed with this piece of equipment! Highly recommend!

Astone Fitness 091037022516 Ripcords Poster Fitness Bands
Astone Fitness 091037022516 Ripcords Poster Fitness Bands
Offered by Price Point Fitness
Price: 25.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Ripcords Exercise Guide Poster...Superb Quality!, 22 Mar 2013
This is a great visual aid for the different exercises possible with resistance bands…it’s instant referencing to which exercises work which muscles without having to wade through books. I have had the poster laminated and attached some string which allows me to hang it on the wall with a simple brass picture hanging pin and hook when needed, and removed when not needed. The lamination also allows me to put colour coded post-its that make identifying what muscle groups/exercises I’m working on for each session (as I do split routines, working some muscles every other day and some every third day). And on each post-it I just write the sets x reps I’m doing for that particular exercise…which may sound all a bit unnecessary…but it works great for me!

It may seem expensive for an exercise poster, but the design, layout, and quality is simply superb, and the motivational factor makes the chart well worth the money… just what I needed!

Highly recommend *****

Fitness-Mad Pro Power Grip 10-40kg - Grey
Fitness-Mad Pro Power Grip 10-40kg - Grey
Offered by George and Freddie
Price: 7.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for strengthening and rehabilitation !, 9 Feb 2013
I bought these hand grips to help with tennis-elbow and golf-elbow pains (after injuring my elbow on an over enthusiastic get fit gym session!). I use the grips as part of a group of exercises to combat repetitive stress pains and a specific golf-elbow type injury; and to strengthen my grip, fingers, forearms and elbow muscles…and they have done just that.

I found them a little difficult to use at first as my hands and fingers were very weak, but with regular use, I was surprised at how effective the grips enhanced my gripping strength and the associated benefits of forearm muscle development. But the best results were from the rehabilitation to my injured elbow, which over a period of 3 months has achieved 80-90% recovery…as such, I’d say they are ideal for anyone as part of a rehabilitation set of exercises…and great if you simply want to increase your gripping strength.

Ergonomics and comfort wise, I was not used to strength exercises and so found using a pair of work-out gloves (and even a pair of ‘B&Q Men's Slab Handling Gloves’) helped initially as my grip was weak in my injured arm especially, after a while my hands got used to the grips and I found it easier without the gloves. So I’d say for me the comfort initially was hard on my finger and palm muscles, but after the grip exercises had built up the muscles, it became more and more comfortable. Now I can appreciate the build of the grip exerciser much more and so give it a high recommendation. I personally find the ergonomics of the grip excellent, and the rubber parts are firm enough to give proper support over extended use, but flexible enough to cushion areas of pressure to the fingers and palm. The grips are as others have mentioned, made of an excellent quality, very light, but tough plastic. Another point worth mentioning is that the grip works in almost silence…which is great, as it can be used anywhere without drawing attention. The resistance adjustment works great. although I have mainly used it at the lowest setting and doing lots of reps, I am now increasing the resistance and reducing the reps on some sets to mix it up a bit and to add variety to warm up and strengthening exercises. When initially increasing the resistance the spring did make a slight twanging as it settled into the newer positions, but has settled down to silent smooth operation again, and occasionally this occurs as I change the resistance, but on each occasion, it has settled back fairly quickly, and the option of changing the resistance levels is now starting to pay additional dividends!

I strongly recommend this Grip Exerciser for anyone wanting to rehabilitate hand, wrist or arm/elbow injuries, and is great as a grip and/or overall arm strengtheners.

Rating *****

Faringdon 20cm Wood Handle Heavy Duty Heat Diffuser
Faringdon 20cm Wood Handle Heavy Duty Heat Diffuser
Offered by E-market24/7
Price: 2.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Diffuser - works a treat for my needs!, 8 Sep 2012
I think this diffuser is excellent; especially at such a low price! I have only used it to brew tea in a teapot as I like my tea brewed properly; and hot (pottery teapots normally crack by direct heat, even at the lowest setting), and this diffuser solves that problem. There is no discolour to the teapots I use at all. The diffuser does discolour, but I expected this and it doesn't bother me or affect the effectiveness of the diffuser.

The handle on my diffuser has not burned at all, I imagine this is because I haven't used a pot that covers the whole area, but even if the handle burns after a period of time and needs replacing, at less than 4 I think this is cracking value!

Thanks Amazon!

Transcend 640GB StoreJet Mobile 2.5 inch USB 2.0 Portable Hard Disk Drive
Transcend 640GB StoreJet Mobile 2.5 inch USB 2.0 Portable Hard Disk Drive

1.0 out of 5 stars Transcend 640GB StoreJet 2.5 inch - died after 14 mths, 4 Feb 2012
Disappointed with this drive. Worked fine for 14 mths....then simply died, no warnings/indications that there was any problem. The unit was never moved, sat on a desk next to the computer it backed up, had plenty of ventilation, so no physical reason for the fail. The drive was used for backing up the entire PC drive, so with lots of private details such as banking etc, returning was not an option (even if Amazon had offered - and there's no reason for them to offer as the drive was outside its 12 month warrantee anyway). Fortunately, I had a spare ITB drive, so backed up my PC to the new drive immediately. Had this been a backup of a drive no longer in use, ALL data would have been lost, so I consider myself lucky on this occasion that I only lost the cost of the drive.

So in conclusion, assuming that the drive died on a 'drives do occasionally fail' basis, I can only recommend this drive as a backup for a PC in use (where the chances of both drives failing are fairly remote), but strongly recommend not buying this for backup of drives/files that will no longer be also stored on additional drives (working or archive).

Seiko ER-8000 Britannica and Oxford Concise Encyclopedia, Dictionary and Thesaurus

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent electronic dictionary, 15 Jun 2009
I have not used an electronic dictionary before, but this was so simple to learn how to use, I was enjoying using it within minutes of unwrapping it! Learning to use the different functions and options is very easy. I would highly recommend it to anyone.