Profile for C. Scott-jackson > Reviews

Content by C. Scott-jackson

C. Scott-jackson (St Helens, Isle of Wight United Kingdom)

Stanley 010825 Fatmax Retractable Folding Knife
Stanley 010825 Fatmax Retractable Folding Knife

5.0 out of 5 stars FatMax folding knife, 8 Feb. 2011
This new knife from the Stanley Fatmax range is a great addition to anyone's toolkit. The fact that it is a full size utility knife that can fold in half into itself is worth the price alone, making easlily and safely pocketable. It has a very easy blade change system, just press the red button and swap the blade. It can store up to 3 more blades in the handle, again very simple to access. All in all I would say this a great product - the only problem I had was getting it out of the packaging! But this seems to be a common trait with Stanley products.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 25, 2015 2:26 PM BST

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Scubapro Mk2, 6 Jun. 2010
A great basic foolproof first and second stage from Scubapro. As always with this company, first rate quality and dependable service.

Western Digital 120GB Passport V2  External USB 2.0 2.5" Hard Drive
Western Digital 120GB Passport V2 External USB 2.0 2.5" Hard Drive

1.0 out of 5 stars Not fit for Purpose, 10 Mar. 2007
I wish I had read all the reviews before I purchased this drive... I got the "Power surge on USB hub port" message on my laptop as soon as I connected it - meaning that there is insufficient power in the USB port to start the drive. I tried the drive on three other laptops (all different makes) and got the same message. Looking at various forums I found out that the drive takes 650 milliAmps to power it and most USBs provide 500 milliAmps max, yet my USB ports are able to power devices like flatbed scanners! Why didn't WD design the drive to use the capabilities of most USB ports? WD's technical help is worse than useless - never even got a reply to my query. There is a special cable apparently (it has two USB connections, to double up the power I suppose) so WD must realise there is a power issue - but this seems to be unavailable.

All in all a disappointing experience from a piece of kit that looked so promising, so it went back. Don't buy one!

Belkin Bluetooth USB Adapter, 10m range
Belkin Bluetooth USB Adapter, 10m range

5.0 out of 5 stars Bluetooth Rules!, 27 Jan. 2004
An excellent product. I was connected to the internet on my laptop using my T68i within minutes, without having to refer to any documentation and without hassle. I'd thoroughly recommend it to anyone on the move or has no land-line access.