Profile for HitpointsGene > Reviews

Content by HitpointsGene

HitpointsGene

Page: 1 | 2
Sony Xperia M2 - Leather Wallet Flip Case Cover Pouch + Free Screen Protector + Free UK Delivery (BLACK)
Offered by BIHOLA ENTERPRISES LTD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 10 Oct 2014
The phone fits perfectly. You are able to flip the front part all the way round to the back which is very helpful.
Does what it says in the tin and overall a great buy!

Forza Horizon 2 (Xbox One)
Forza Horizon 2 (Xbox One)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Forza yet, 10 Oct 2014
This is by far the best Forza, including horizon and Motorsport.

The graphics are amazing as always, the driving has been massively improved, great range of cars, horizon 1 didn't have the best selection but this one does. There is a new class system, the lowest grade you can get is C, the highest you can get is X.

CSL S-085 Multimedia Headset Pro HQ 960 | Comfort Gaming Headset with microphone in silver/black
Offered by CSL-Computer

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what you want, 11 April 2014
This headset is the perfect headset that I am looking for, I recorded some lines to see what the audio quality was like and also asked some friends and they said it was A-OK. It also uses a jack and not USB which is what I am looking for. The headset 'feels' cheap but it does the job perfectly.

Pros:
Comfortable
Can adjust to fit your head
Audio Quality is Great
Mic Quality is Great
Plug & Play
No USB required
Has it's own volume control
Does not pick up background noise easily

Cons:
Audio Quality could be slightly louder
Volume control has no mute

Call of Duty: Black Ops II [Standard edition] (Xbox 360)
Call of Duty: Black Ops II [Standard edition] (Xbox 360)
Offered by games-n-console-land

3.0 out of 5 stars 4 Stars for Single player, 1 Star for Multiplayer, 3 Stars for Zombies, 27 Jan 2014
As it says in the title, I find the single player fairly good, it has a nice story line, feels like COD game that it is supposed to be, the story line is fantastic and as a COD game, it meets it's purpose. Now, I do like call of duty, but only really for single player or zombies. The Multiplayer however is a horrific disappointment. I much prefer the first black ops game

Singleplayer
- The story switches between the 1960's and 2025, I found this to be a unique and new segment added to the COD singleplayer, and I quite liked it
- Unlike any other COD, at some point in the game you are able to choose between what missions you do first, not free roam but from a menu, which I also quite like and find that it is unique to any of the all COD games.
- There is a sort of strategy game element in it, the mode allows you to choose between taking control of a soldier, or a pilot a mini drone, or something large on the battlefield, you are also able to switch between them in missions and use different tactics to win the objective.
- You are able to choose what weapons you take into missions, with the class interface just like in multiplayer, there is also reccommended items of which you should take into the battlefield
- Stunning graphics
- I won't go into too much detail because of spoilers but the story line is really predictable

Multiplayer, as I said previously, this was a disappointment
- Within the first few hours of playing multiplayer I was extremely bored, because I don't like most of the maps
- Host migration occurs too much as the servers do not automatically choose the best host
- The matchmaking system is appalling
- About 75% of the weapons are stupidly overpowered. I get that in every COD game there are a couple of overpowered weapons, but not like this
- Enemies have a ridiculous amount of health, often leading to enemies sponging even though you feel like you have put about 2000 bullets into your enemy
- Despite having these negative views, there are a few new game modes, such as multi team (3 V 3 V 3) which I found to be a nice game mode, however they took out the 4 on 4 team play that has been in previous call of dutys
- There is an all new league play system which is pretty exciting and great for clans
- There is an extensive emblem creating system which is nice, and I know this is not down to Treyarch but a lot of the emblems (at least 50%) are inappropriate and copied of YouTube or some other sort of walkthrough.

Zombies

I don't have that much to say about the zombies
I found that the zombie maps are pretty good and a lot more interactive, and I don't quite know what it is but there is something about zombies that makes me feel that the previous zombies on black ops one were better. Treyarch took out quite a few favourite guns of mine, but added in some cool new ones. They have also added permaperks such as jug. Without jug you usually get downed in 2 hits, when you buy jug it is 6, with the permaperk it is 4, which I found to be pretty neat.

Overall I would say it is an OK game, but the multi player could do with a massive improvement.

Lost Planet 3 (Xbox 360)
Lost Planet 3 (Xbox 360)

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, few cons, but overall a good fun game, 25 Jan 2014
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I have played all of the Lost Planet games and I have to say that by far this is the best. I did not enjoy lost planet 1, but I enjoyed lost planet 2 a lot.
Lost planet 3 offers a much better story line that the previous 2 games, for one the game is revolved around one character Jim Peyton, in Lost Planet 2, you were a normal soldier in a group where as in Lost Planet 3 you have a main protagonist. Also in this game, you are able to choose between side missions and normal missions, there is also a central base with 3 floors, on one of the floors you are able to go to an armoury to buy new weapons and add attachments to them in order to make them better to give you a better fighting chance against the akrid. You also get your own mechanical RIG. I would say that overall the game has the right amount of hours game play in it. One thing you may notice about the game is that it has a strong resemblance to dead space. The game is great however, but in normal difficulty, even the best Lost Planet players may struggle as weapons become insanely weak

Here are the brief points

Pros
- Stunning Graphics
- Personal mechanical RIG
- Easy Control over Character and RIG
- Fast travel option
- Optional and side missions
- Armoury for weapons and upgrades
- Fascinating Storyline, the game revolves around one character instead of a main solider in a group like in Lost Planet 2

Cons
- Strong resemblance to Dead Space
- In Normal or higher difficulty, weapons become insanely weak, EG, I once had a boss fight, after emptying both of my weapons the boss was not even close to death, so even experienced Lost Planet 3 players may find it challenging
- The game lacks customisability options other than for weapons
- Sprinting is slow
- Main elements of the HUD randomly disapear during missions which you cannot retrieve until the end of the mission

So in conclusion, the game is Exciting and fun, it is not the best game in the world but I would certainly recommend. There are a few cons to the game but nothing so bad it would drive you away from the game

iBoutique Retractable IB32GUSB2 32GB USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Elite Flash Drive - Jet Black
Offered by SechsiTech

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable, Value for money, easy 5 stars, 25 Jan 2014
I needed a memory stick that held a lot of memory. This memory stick does just the trick. It is prefect size, and it is also reliable. it has a cool looking red LED that flashes when reading/writing. The memory stick itself has a key ring holder on the back, now this may be convenient but annoying, because you are unable to put the cap on the back of the memory stick and you may loose it easily. The memory stick can run fast or slow, if you are on a slow laptop you may only be pushing 2MB/sec, but I have used it on other computers that have pushed it to 10MB/sec and once I was lucky enough to get 17MB/sec. So the DTR is fairly reasonable for USB 2.0. However the memory stick is reliable and is definitely worth the money. Fully recommended.

Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox 360)
Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox 360)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best GTA game yet, 25 Jan 2014
GTA 5 has had a massive improvement from GTA 4, The graphics are greatly improved and you are also given the option to choose between 3 characters, which you was not able to do in previous games. Even though the story line is unrealistic, it is still great. One of my favorite things in GTA 5 was the heists, you were able to set up heists the way YOU want to, and you get to choose who comes with you. You can choose cheap but crap, or expensive but good, however the cheap ones skill gradually increases per heist, and their percentage of the score stays the same.

GTA 5 has a whole new customization option, you are able to choose between different clothes and outfits, in previous GTA games, all characters wear the same clothes. There is also a big variety of car upgrades you are able to choose, just like in games such as Forza or Need for speed. You can design your car and clothes the way YOU want. You are also able to upgrade weapons, such as putting scopes on snipers or extended mags on LMG's etc.

Many GTA fans say that San Andreas was the best GTA game, some still say it is the best, but in my opinion this is the best game they have made so far for this franchise.

If I had to point out one flaw though, it would be that when driving, especially on a motorbikes, NPCs will be driving their cars and will just pull out straight in front of you, if you are trying to get away from police this can be extremely frustrating and whats worse, if you are on a bike, you will knocked of without a doubt, also, they took away a feature from NPCs cars from GTA 4, INDICATORS, if Rockstar left indicators in, you would be able to see where cars are going and would easily be able to avoid hitting the car .

This is another point I should mention, they have not improved the bike driving at all, some may argue that it is realistic but it is extremely annoying, you will notice when driving a bike, the SLIGHTEST tap, will make you fall off, I noticed this within a few hours of playing GTA 5. This can also be annoying when trying to get away from police.

I also feel that police have ruined the game slightly, I got GTA 5 on the realease day, and one thing I noticed is that to get away from police you would have to stay out of their sites for about 30 seconds. However, I then noticed that a month down the line, Rockstar updated this and made the waiting time at least in a minute, if not two depending on your wanted level.
I can remember when I was being chased by police, I had a 4 star wanted level, I was hiding in a car around a factory where they couldn't see me and I started to count, the helicopter was right near me but could not see me, I counted at least 2 minutes and was thinking, surely I will loose my wanted level, but I didn't. My point is that even if you have a wanted level, even if the police are near you, you cant escape them unless they are far away. I am almost adamant of this.

GTA Online
I will keep this brief, GTA online is extremely fun, Apart from the problems that Rockstar had when the online was released, it seems that every update there is always some annoying glitch that gets put in, and whats worse, it will get fixed but on the same update another glitch will form. 3 months down the line of it being released I occasionally got stuck in loading screens, even though Rockstar supposedly fixed this at the start of GTA online

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (Xbox 360)
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (Xbox 360)
Offered by 666 Media

5.0 out of 5 stars Ubisoft Strikes Again!, 25 Jan 2014
Once again another Assassins Creed game has come, a lot of people say that they are starting to make too many and the game has run its course, I completely disagree, This is one of my favorite Assassins creed games yet, Next to 2 and Brotherhood. You are a captain of your very own ship called the "Jackdaw", your name is Edward Kenway, you have a full crew behind you. You are able to take part in ship battles between the British and the Spanish, you are able to capture ships and then decide what to do with the particular ship. Different ships have different levels, the higher the level, the bigger your take, what I mean is, you are able to take their money and other resources that help you upgrade your own ship. In Assassins creed 3 you were able to liberate certain areas so that they were no longer under Templar control. This has been carried over to this game, however in AC4 you destroy forts, infiltrate the fort and that's how you liberate certain areas of the map. The map is huge, you are able to go wherever you please as it is a free roam game, you are able to use an old fashioned diving bell, go underwater and look for treasure in shipwrecks. The combat system is the same as AC3 which I prefer to the older games. The game is not purely on the sea, although this is a big part of it, you are able to visit different cities and towns which makes you feel like you were in a town like AC3.
As great as this game is, there is one flaw however, Edward Kenway is technically not a master assassin like the others in the previous games, He has the skills but does not become a true assassin until the end of the game. As stated before in previous games, the assassin life chooses someone, and the master assassin of the 18th century (1700's) was Connor, Edward Kenway is the grandfather of Connor and therefore the time span is too close together, they never do meet each other though. Altair was in the 1200's and Ezio was mainly in the 1500/1600's, the time span between Kenway and Connor is less than 100 years. This is probably why they did it.

Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 Xbox 360 Headset - EU
Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 Xbox 360 Headset - EU

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT 5 Stars!, 13 Feb 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I must say that i really do like this headset, an easy 5 stars it has earned. To start of with the headset is very comfortable. It has its own bass boost, to suit your needs, volume control for game and chat, you can mute and unmute your mic and this is an LED to tell you weather its muted or not. Overall a great headset, picks up voice very well.
You also don't have to have the game volume coming through your headset as well, because if set up properly it will also play through your tv, so you can turn it down and just listen through the tv and not have to worry about switching the wires round, which I find is very convenient.

It makes games sound real, especially call of duty, it sounds like a proper war zone if you have the game volume coming through the headset.

One thing I do not like though is the fact that there are too many wires, one thing that I hate but apart from that it is a great headset to use and value for money,

Recommended to everyone especially if you are a COD or Battlefield fan.

Dead Space 3 (Xbox 360)
Dead Space 3 (Xbox 360)
Offered by Talbot Media

5.0 out of 5 stars and again, dead space is not a disappointment., 13 Feb 2013
I have been a massive Dead Space fan for years, I have played all the games, including Extraction (On the Nintendo Wii). I have also seen the film, dead space downfall. Dead Space 3 is an amazing game, with plenty of fun included, it also answers a lot of questions that fans have. I would have to say this is better than Dead Space 2, not that Dead Space 2 was bad, but probably not as good as Dead Space 1, however this is still a very neat game and I would recommend this to all people even if you have never played a dead space game before, you will pick up the game play very quickly, and you will soon find yourself addicted.

Page: 1 | 2