Profile for Stuart Davidson > Reviews

Content by Stuart Davidson

Stuart Davidson (Northern Ireland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Good job, 3 May 2012
What all can I say, these trainers are exactly as pictured and fit great. Same Converse quality I've grown to love over the years.

Toshiba 500GB 2.5-inch Portable USB 2.0 Hard Drive
Toshiba 500GB 2.5-inch Portable USB 2.0 Hard Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars Great wee drive, 3 May 2012
I've been using a couple of these drives for years now for storing Wii backups.
Never had any problems after 100s of hours use, nice compact size and self powers via USB from the Wii

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Good job, 3 May 2012
Exactly as pictured and fit perfect what more can I say. The usual Converse quality that I've come to expect over the years.

Cyclone Pocket 2.5" HDD (Support H.264, MKV) Media Player Enclosure
Cyclone Pocket 2.5" HDD (Support H.264, MKV) Media Player Enclosure

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent player, 3 May 2012
After trying many different types of portable media players over the years I'm so glad to have found this one.
It plays everything I have tried on it perfectly. I mainly play x264 MKV and really struggled to find a reliable portable player. I have now bought 15+ of these for friends and family who all love them.
The menu system could be more impressive but it gets the job done. I've had players in the past that try to find all the media files on the device and list them which then takes ages to move through the menu as they try to give you a preview. This system simply lists the folders and files allowing you to move through the quickly and easily though it doesn't have all the bling I'm used to seeing on my XBMC system.
I've never had any trouble with hard drives, I've used smaller drives 250GB right up to the 1TB drive I'm currently running... just stick to the 9mm thickness that the manual recommends (this is only an issue when looking at larger space drives as some that are larger than 500GB are actually 10mm thick)
All in all a great job and perfect for travelers or keeping kids entertained while vistiting relatives.
I recommend installing the latest firmware from the Sumvision website to allow playback of MKV's with compressed headers and to fix the power light issue some people have been having. This is a 5 min process, copy the file to the drive and select it from the players menu.

2M USB 3.0 Extension Cable, Black
2M USB 3.0 Extension Cable, Black
Offered by CPO Trading

5.0 out of 5 stars Good job, 3 May 2012
What can I say other than they do exactly as expected I've bought several of these and been using them for 6 months without any issues

MXL AC-404 USB Conferencing Microphone - Black
MXL AC-404 USB Conferencing Microphone - Black
Offered by Marks Best

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 3 May 2012
I bought this to use with a piece of voice control software on my PC (VoxCommando)
Using this microphone I'm able to shout across the room to control my media PC.
It's very sensitive, sometimes a little too much as it picks up the words being said by the film on the TV so clearly that the film can start controlling itself at times :)

Sumvision Cyclone Pocket Portable 1080p Media Enclosure
Sumvision Cyclone Pocket Portable 1080p Media Enclosure

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Piece Of Kit, 3 May 2012

I recommend installing the latest firmware from Sumvisions site [...] as this allows the unit to support MKV's with compressed headers and resolves the powering on issue that some people have. It's a 5 min process, download the file, copy it to the player, power it on and select the bin file from the file menu. Wait a couple of mins and the update is done.

Toshiba  PX1276E-1G06 320GB 2.5-inch External USB Hard Drive
Toshiba PX1276E-1G06 320GB 2.5-inch External USB Hard Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Job, 3 May 2012
I've been using a couple of these drives for years now for storing Wii backups.
Never had any problems after 100s of hours use