ARRAY(0xa7623780)

Profile for Krisztian Kormendi > Reviews

Content by Krisztian Kormendi

Krisztian Kormendi "orangecrush" (Budapest, Hungary)

Tamrac 17850 Zipshot Tripod
Tamrac 17850 Zipshot Tripod

5.0 out of 5 stars It's OK for what it is!, 7 May 2013
Extremely light and small, works well with smaller cameras (I use it with a Sony RX100). Wind can rattle it, so you have to be careful, but this is to be expected with such a light tripod.

TP-Link TL-WA850RE 300Mbps Universal Wall Plug Range Extender/ Wi-Fi Booster (WPS function, Easy Configuration)
Price: 23.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised, easy to set up!, 7 May 2013
I hesitated a lot before ordering, because of all the negative comments about the difficulty to set this device up correctly. After all, I wanted reliable and simple solution.

I was happy to see, that setup was as simple and straightforward as it can possibly be. First I connected it to the router with the WPS button, this took about 2-3 minutes, then I could reach via the IP address (which I could see in my routers network map). Then I was able to change the detailed settings too. The SSID and wifi password shoud be the same as the router's, but this was the default setting.

First I set it to WDS mode (range extender 2), as the TP-Link online help said it's more efficient and my router supported it, but this my iPad wouldn't connect to it, don't know why (my Android phone could connect without problems). Then I changed the setting to range extender 1 (no WDS), and since then it works with al wireless devices in the home (laptop, Android phone, iPad, Samsung Smart TV).

All in all a pleasant surprise. I've only installed it one day ago, so I'm waiting to see how stable the connection will be!

Maybe one reason for the negative opinions is the fact, that actually many reviews here are for the WA830RE, which is another product... don't know...

Philips MyVision 929000200101 GU5.3 7 Watt (35W) MR16 Warm White Spot LED Bulb
Philips MyVision 929000200101 GU5.3 7 Watt (35W) MR16 Warm White Spot LED Bulb
Offered by Strictly Lamps
Price: 15.24

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well with non-LED transformer too!, 2 Nov 2012
These are really bright, easily the equivalent of 35W halogens.
You can simply exchange your halogens with these, no need to worry about special transformers designed for LED.
But - as one of the reviewers noted there is really a humming noise when switched on, which is probably coming from the built in micro fans (you can see the air is moving if you blow some smoke or dust on the lamps). This should have been mentioned in the product description, therefore 4 stars!

EasyAcc 8400mAh External Battery Pack with LED Flashlight Power Bank USB Charger for iPhone 5 4S 4 / Samsung Galaxy S4 S3 Note II Mega 6.3 5.8 / HTC One One Mini / LG Optimus G I9 I7 4X G2 / Nokia Lumia 920 900 1050 / Google Nexus 7 / Blackberry Z10 Q10 9900 torch / Sony Xperia Z / MP3 MP4 / Cycling [2 x USB output: 5V/2.0A; 5V/0.6A]
Offered by EasyAcc.U Store

5.0 out of 5 stars works as advertised, 2 Nov 2012
Works well, contains an extensive set of connectors, so far I'm satisfied.
The 2 USB connectors are charging at different speeds, one is 600mA, the other is 2000mA.
I guess not all equipment can be charged at 2000mA, so be careful!

Vtech InnoTab (Blue)
Vtech InnoTab (Blue)
Offered by Fonz Mania
Price: 49.90

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, but needs improvement, 4 Oct 2011
This review is from: Vtech InnoTab (Blue) (Toy)
Just received it yesterday and generally I think it's good, my son likes it too.
The apps and games are great too, and transfering music to the device is easy.

What I didn't like, is that the video and photo transfer is not working yet (the Vtech software just says these features are coming soon...).

But what really frustrating is the way the touchscreen works:
it's really difficult to click an icon, because if your fingers moves a bit during "clicking", then the software interprets it as a swipe gesture and moves the icon a bit. So you really must be careful not to move your finger in any horizontal direction while clicking the icons, otherwise the app wouldn't start. It's not easy even for an adult, not too mention a child, who wouldn't hold the device so steady.
I wish there was some kind of calibration of the screen's sensitivity possible, to solve this problem.

Apart from the above annoyances, it would a great toy and learning tool!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 4, 2011 4:11 PM GMT

Lowepro Exchange Messenger Courier Style Bag for DSLR - Black
Lowepro Exchange Messenger Courier Style Bag for DSLR - Black
Price: 36.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I've expected, 11 Jan 2011
I wanted something light and small, not the typical heavily padded photo bag.
This is exactly it! It's really only 300g.
But because of it's size and weight, it's not as well padded as other bags, but it's OK because I handle my equipment with care.
I like that it doesn't look like a photo bag.

Savvies Crystalclear Screen Protector for Canon EOS 60D,60 D, Protective Film, 100% fits, Display Protection Film

2.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive, but low quality, 11 Jan 2011
I've clenaed the screens of my EOS 60D very thoroughly with a drop of alcohol to make it perfectly grease and dust free (and dry of course).
But this protective film is just peeling of by itself, especially from the smaller screen on the top of the camera which seems to be slightly curved on the left side and the film doesn't stick strongly enough to follow that slight curve.

Megaman BR0707i Ingenium GU10 Spotlight Bulb, 7w, Warm White
Megaman BR0707i Ingenium GU10 Spotlight Bulb, 7w, Warm White
Price: 11.78

5.0 out of 5 stars The most compact GU10 energy saving bulbs, 29 Sep 2010
I bought a GE energy saving spotlight bulb first, but it was too long for my fixtures, so I was looking for something shorter.
That's how I've found the Megaman which is more expensive then the GE, but fits my fixtures nicely, it's only 1 cm longer then a halogen GU10 spotlight bulb.

The light is nice warm white, to me it's identical to a halogen GU10 bulb.
As usual with energy saving bulbs, it reaches full brightness after 2 min., but that's fine with me.

Overall a nice replacement to traditional halogen spotlights.

Brabantia WallFix Wall-Mounted Retractable Washing Line, 24 metres - Silver
Brabantia WallFix Wall-Mounted Retractable Washing Line, 24 metres - Silver
Price: 54.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised, 23 Mar 2010
Satisfied with my purchase, the product works as advertised, is strong and well built.
It really has enough space for 2 full washing machine load (well, for an average 4-6kg capacity washing machine).

The only thing I didn't like is that the producer only considered mounting it on a brick or concrete wall. But if you have a wall with additional isolation (which is common where I live), then it's going to be more complicated and expensive to install it correctly. It's not really a fault of the product, but would have been nice if the manufacturer provided a solution for it.