Profile for Ms J. Kirby > Reviews

Content by Ms J. Kirby

Ms J. Kirby "Jen Kirby" (Appleby-In-Westmorland, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
COOKER HOOD GREASE & CARBON FILTER
COOKER HOOD GREASE & CARBON FILTER
Offered by VacMagic

5.0 out of 5 stars It works well, 9 Jan. 2016
This review is from: COOKER HOOD GREASE & CARBON FILTER
I actually bought it to replace the carbon filter in an air purifier that was bought so long ago that they don't make refills any more. I only used a small piece and it worked so I fastened a larger piece behind an ordinary electric fan for a hack to make an air purifier for another room. This carbon filter works surprisingly well even under those circumstances.

Daylight Company Natural Light DN1310 1 W LED Recharegable Lamp, White
Daylight Company Natural Light DN1310 1 W LED Recharegable Lamp, White
Offered by KEEDA-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant portable light, 29 Sept. 2015
It is light weight for taking to art club and very bright when I need it. I also use it in the evening dimmed down as a cure for insomnia. I love it. Don't leave it on the edge of a table as it can easily be knocked off.

Tiger A5 clear punched poly pockets - pack of 100 quality sleeves
Tiger A5 clear punched poly pockets - pack of 100 quality sleeves
Offered by Logic-Sale

5.0 out of 5 stars Value essentials, 29 Sept. 2015
I use A5 punched poly pockets all the time as an important part of my financial filing system. I was so pleased to be able to buy a sufficient quantity at such a good price.

NaturVet BITTER YUCK No Chew Spray Water Based Non Stinging 8 oz Cats Only
NaturVet BITTER YUCK No Chew Spray Water Based Non Stinging 8 oz Cats Only
Offered by Pet Supply Company USA

5.0 out of 5 stars Yuck is a very good name!, 24 Aug. 2015
This was recommended to me. I have tried other bitter taste products before for a pup who licked it up avidly. This time I was worried about a cable chewing cat. She also chewed elastic. When it arrived it had leaked a little in the package. It was very well packed in waterproof packing and there was very little leakage but I want to warn people to wear rubber gloves and do not unpack it on your kitchen work surfaces. It is the vilest taste ever and it doesn't wash away easily. It was a few days and incessant scrubbing of my hands before my hands stopped tainting any food I touched. I left the bottle were I last used it and as it had been so long I didn't put gloves on to handle it and when I put my hand to my mouth (to remove a cat hair) the taste was still there!
I only used it once on a piece of elastic. The cat hasn't been near elastic or cable since!

Silvine little blotter pencil case size x 1 single blotting pad
Silvine little blotter pencil case size x 1 single blotting pad

4.0 out of 5 stars Neat little booklet of blotting paper, 17 Jun. 2015
Smaller than I expected but it suits me as it means I know which piece of paper is the blotting one.

Crayola Light Up Tracing Pad Blue
Crayola Light Up Tracing Pad Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice toy., 17 Jun. 2015
Trace body bits to put together to make sports pictures. I donated it as a raffle prize so I don't know any other details.

Actually useful algebra (Actually useful books)
Actually useful algebra (Actually useful books)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for learning Algebra, 14 April 2015
I needed to do some algebra and I had forgotten what I learned at school. The title of this appealed to me. This book makes it so easy. I solved my problem with the help of this book. I would definitely recommend it.

How to Stop Time: Superhuman Time Mastery Miracles that will Skyrocket Productivity and Motivation

4.0 out of 5 stars Valuable insights, 27 Feb. 2015
There are a lot of valuable insights in this book. I haven't finished it yet. (I've been too busy.) One valuable thing I have got from it so far is that what convention calls being selfish gives you the opportunity to help more people. I am looking forward to reading to the end (once I have done all the jobs that were loaded onto me yesterday). I am so glad that I bought this book. I really need it.
It is not the usual time management book. I have read some of them and they seem to give me more work not less. Derek Murphy is happy to say that the dishes pile up until he has finished the project he is working on. My kind of person.

Clever Dog: Understand What Your Dog is Telling You
Clever Dog: Understand What Your Dog is Telling You

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth reading, 27 Feb. 2015
This is so much better than the usual dog book. It makes it clear that every dog is an individual. The case histories are valuable.

Waking the Buddha: How the Most Dynamic and Empowering Buddhist Movement in History Is Changing Our Concept of Religion

5.0 out of 5 stars Overview of the development of Soka Gakkai International, 25 Nov. 2014
Amazing. I learned things about my own religion that I had never realised before. Clark Strand is writing as an experienced journalist with deep knowledge of religions including most, or maybe all, types of Buddhism. It was fascinating to discover the opinion of an outsider. There was only one point I would quibble at.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5