Profile for M. E. Carney > Reviews

The Island of Dreams: The True Story of One Family's Quest for Paradise
The Island of Dreams: The True Story of One Family's Quest for Paradise
by Tony Williams

4.0 out of 5 stars A great insight to a brave family, 27 Jun 2008
Although i did agree the book needed a little more detail of the way the Williams family lived. It was an amazing read.. i've read it before about 5 years ago and just re-read it after finding the book sadley in a dusty pile.
I just find his story to be uplifting and inspirational.
I would love to know what happened next for the family and how they managed to cope with life back home.

First Words: Touch and Feel Picture Cards (DK My First...(Flash Cards))
First Words: Touch and Feel Picture Cards (DK My First...(Flash Cards))
by Jane Yorke
Edition: Cards
Price: 6.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for grabbing attention, 24 May 2008
I bought my baby (11 months old at the time) these flashcards and i can't rate them enough. My Daughter loves the pictures and the touchy feeley bit on each one. Now 12 months old and a week, she knows the name of everyone of the 16 cards. My game has been (and i recommend it for all babies and younger children) is to show and talk about 3 cards at a time. After a few minutes lay those 3 cards out on the floor and ask them pick up a certain card. After a few weeks you will be amazed at what words they know. Yes some of the cards are a bit strange for first words however they are great fun and a fab game. My only complaint is that after a month of the sticky jam card being handled, the stickey bit is not stickey anymore :-(