Profile for E. Kahn > Reviews

E. Kahn (London, UK)

Mysovaya Station
Mysovaya Station

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating human interest story, 19 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Mysovaya Station (Kindle Edition)
The fascinating story of how the author and his wife travel to research their family roots, and discover incredibly kind people who can inspire all caring humans.

Dynamo Wind Up Torch Grey
Dynamo Wind Up Torch Grey

1.0 out of 5 stars Get what you pay for, 1 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Dynamo Wind Up Torch Grey
This seemed like a torch which could be recharged by winding it up, however it has a battery, and once that has drained, the light only comes on while you are winding, and can't be recharged. Perhaps we were wrong to expect that, but if you're considering this, be aware.

Little Bear's Trousers (Mini Treasure)
Little Bear's Trousers (Mini Treasure)
by Jane Hissey

5.0 out of 5 stars Book to treasure, 18 July 2010
This is a precious story which my now late teenagers loved to hear read to them. I am trying to buy a new copy now for my 3 year old, and I can't seem to find a new one! Such a shame if its out of print! :(

HP Photosmart C4480 All-in-One A4 Printer
HP Photosmart C4480 All-in-One A4 Printer

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Printer, a bit slow, 19 April 2009
I have had this printer for a couple of months now and am fairly happy with it. It has all the functions I need for a reasonable price but there are a couple of things the buyer should be aware of.
The cartridges which come with this printer are of a very low volume and will be used up very soon.
This printer is ok for the occasional home user, but it is quite slow. When you click print, there is a delay until the command reaches the printer, and then whilst it is printing, it takes it's happy time.

If you are doing any high volume, this may drive you crazy.

Morphy Richards 48280 Fastbake Breadmaker
Morphy Richards 48280 Fastbake Breadmaker

5.0 out of 5 stars Great machine, four years on..., 23 July 2008
I was lucky enough to buy this machine four years ago, when it was only £35. Now I see what a good buy that was, as it's currently close to double the price.
After four years I'm happy to say I have had very good use of my bread maker. I can't say that I never buy shop bread anymore, because as a busy mum of a large family, sometimes I just don't manage to bake bread, but buying bread is a rare occurence.
I'd followed other reviewer's advice to avoid the fastbake setting, and the other settings I have used were very good. My favourite is the dough setting for making rolls and pizza bases, but having said that, I do enjoy waking up to the smell of freshly baked bread, and the sandwiches taste great.
I can't really find fault with this machine, when my tin and paddle got damaged, Morphy Richards supplied replacements at a very reasonable cost, so all in all a good buy.

Shape By Shape Creative Pattern Puzzle
Shape By Shape Creative Pattern Puzzle

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I expected, 10 Jan. 2008
I bought this for my children, expecting it would appeal to the eight year old. I was pleasantly surprised to find all ages enjoyed it. The older ones (up to 16) completed all the puzzles, and the four year old loved putting them together with the help of the image. All in all a great buy, many hours of quiet fun. Highly recommended for the type of child who enjoys puzzles and books.

The Contented Little Baby Book Of Weaning
The Contented Little Baby Book Of Weaning
by Gina Ford

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful Book, Highly Recommended, 13 Nov. 2007
I discovered this book as I was about to wean my 6th baby, and was dreading this stage. How I wish I had this book before! The previously massive hurdle has been greatly simplified and weaning is so far going very well. Every mother should read this book, it's a must-have!
As with all books, you should take what makes sense to you, and don't try to follow it to the letter. Gina Ford is very emphatic in her approach, but let's face it,every baby is unique, and as the mother, you are qualified to decide.
Even saying that, this is a great guide for those of us who find weaning a difficult issue.

VTech Spin & Teach Top
VTech Spin & Teach Top

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of fun, not much teaching, 30 Oct. 2007
Funny name for a toy. After all, who buys a toy to specifically teach their baby to count from 1-4, and about four animals. You can do that from a couple of books. The main thing at the age this is geared for is for the children to enjoy the colour and sounds. My baby was delighted by the flashing colourful lights and the funny voices and music coming out of the toy. That's all he needs at this point, and I'm happy.