Profile for Faizan Nawaz > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Parker Urban Premium Medium Nib Fountain Pen with Gift Box - Metallic Brown
Parker Urban Premium Medium Nib Fountain Pen with Gift Box - Metallic Brown

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty decent overall pen., 28 July 2014
Maybe just got a dud but it seemed a little dry when writing, skipping more often than I recall with my previous Urban purchases. It's a smooth writer and some Urbans I've had have written pretty fluently, almost on the wet side (prefer more ink than less getting thrown down on paper). Definitely better than the I.M and I'd recommend it; I can only give a 3 however as my one wrote poorly.

In terms of build, very solid, well put together and relatively weighty, giving a feeling of genuine quality. I liked the "novel" design with the slightly concave midsection, and the design running down the length of the pen. Ultimately, it comes down to performance however; mine didn't perform.

Bags World High Quality Handmade bags 100% Crazy horse HANDMADE Leather Men's Briefcase Tote Laptop Messenger Bag Handbag ,Vintage Tan Leather Brown ,15"L x 2.5"W x 11.5"H,Dark Brown ,Black, Dark Gray (Dark Gray)
Offered by Bags World

3.0 out of 5 stars 1st bag was returned (poor quality), 2nd bag more like it., 25 July 2014
Ordered the dark grey version and all the clips and buckles were rusted. The seller then asks me to buy cheap rust remover as a solution; the audacity...

Gave it back, and to be fair they were cooperative and paid the shipping money for returning back to Germany swiftly. Second bag (an exchange) was smooth leather, but also dark grey/brownish. Took its time to arrive, but a world of difference in quality, very nice and well built (at least so far). It just feels and looks new as opposed to the returned bag.

Why 3 stars? Well considering the debacle of the first bag (not expected when paying 80 odd quid), combined with the nice quality of the second bag, a 3 evens things out and seems fair.

Waterman Hemisphere  Matt Black Gold Trim Medium Nib Fountain Pen - Gift Boxed
Waterman Hemisphere Matt Black Gold Trim Medium Nib Fountain Pen - Gift Boxed

2.0 out of 5 stars Skipping so often I'm thinking it's defective., 2 July 2014
You may be wondering what a 2 star rating is doing amongst so many happy customers. I've been scratching my head for the last hour too. My guess is the Hemisphere I ordered is probably a defective product. I've not come across a fountain (and I've had a fair few) that skips quite as enthusiastically as this, it's almost mockery.

Here's the facts. 10 x the letter e = 4 came out as c. 10 downstrokes of the letter I on 3 different occasions = the first 10: 6 letters skipped, the second 10: another 6 letter skipped and the final 10: yep, now 7 letters were skipping.

I'm not gonna spend 40 quid and have someone tell me not to use it on super smooth paper because the nib won't grip. I tried flushing out the pen with water and even a bit of ammonia, and although the letter e is back, the random skipping in sentences and especially the downstrokes have frustrated me to the point I'll be returning this pen. I'm contemplating whether to discard Waterman or give them another chance assuming this one, was a dud.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 21, 2014 8:41 PM BST

ABBEY PREDATOR MINI ULTRA GAS 270ML - AIRSOFT GREEN GAS
ABBEY PREDATOR MINI ULTRA GAS 270ML - AIRSOFT GREEN GAS
Offered by Top Value Prices

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best choice of airsoft gas, 30 Jun 2014
I thought for a change I'd try a different gas from the usual WE Green and Kickass, and see whether the frowning faces of airsoft enthusiasts when mentioning Abbey Predator gas actually had some truth behind it. It's cheaper ml for ml too, so I thought it could be a potential substitute.

Is it? No. The Abbey gas is remarkably weaker than the Green and Kickass. I was getting at least 25-30fps slower speeds using this gas compared to Green and slower still compared to Kickass. Using Abbey the gun couldn't penetrate one side of a Fanta can as opposed to penetration of sometimes both sides of the can, and at the very least one side of a can and damage to the second side using Green or Kickass. The difference was clearly noticeable.

I mean, it'll still provide a good bit of fun from 10 or so yards, but ultimately why choose third best when for a quid or two you can get first and second best? I look for power as much as accuracy, and if your weapon isn't a £12.99 plastic-internals toy (so as to be incapable of handling the more powerful gases), you're much, much better off with Green or Kickass.

Operations Management
Operations Management
by Steve Paton

4.0 out of 5 stars Just the right balance between clarity and depth, 25 Jun 2014
This review is from: Operations Management (Paperback)
Brilliantly laid out, easy to navigate, and easy to understand. For a relative novice starting a Business related degree, be it undergraduate or postgraduate, it is extremely good at introducing one to this vast topic, and thereafter expanding one's knowledge into learning about the various aspects of Ops management in more detail.

One thing I'll point out however, is be sure to look at what text books your university actually recommends, and use those books! As informative as this book is, the reason I used it is my university lecturer is one of the authors and recommended it for the module syllabus. All in all, a very interesting read.

Razer Sphex Gaming Mouse Mat - Hard Surface
Razer Sphex Gaming Mouse Mat - Hard Surface
Offered by Dealtime IT

3.0 out of 5 stars More than enough reactiveness, 27 Jan 2014
I'm sure you will know this, but don't expect a hard mouse mat with "Razer Sphex" written on it in funky font convert you into a world beating first person shooter. You could just buy any random hard mat and it'll give you very similar results.
It is certainly more reactive than the soft-mouse pad surfaces when it comes to those micro-movements/adjustments of the crosshair, which is to be expected. However, do the smaller lateral movement requirements with your mouse get you better FPS scores? Well I have an overall K/D of 4.0 on BF4 and 2.5 on BF3 (just stating for reference purposes). Having experimented between soft pads and this hard one, the difference in overall scores has been negligible. In fact on many occasions (jet flying in BF4) the less reactive, less "jittery" softer mouse pads are more effective at aiming with better controlled precision.

Parker IM Premium Medium Nib Fountain Pen with Gift Box - Metallic Brown
Parker IM Premium Medium Nib Fountain Pen with Gift Box - Metallic Brown

2.0 out of 5 stars Scratchy and Skipping, 27 Jan 2014
I only found out afterwards on the internet that many IM's have an inherent issue with the nib being excessively scratchy, and (perhaps down to oil residues from the manufacturing processes), improper ink feed through the nib, causing skipping of letters and parts of letters at least once or twice a sentence.

I still would have bought the product regardless to see for myself, and indeed it is true. I have off-the-shelf plastic fountains (also from Parker) for about a fiver that don't skip anywhere like the IM, and don't scratch on the surface of the paper like I'm writing with a scalpel...

I also found a lot of people suggesting various things to do with the IM to improve it. Thing is, if I pay for a product, I shouldn't expect to have to do anything other than take it out of the box, insert the cartridge and write away (other than perhaps an initial flush).

Was thoroughly disappointed with the product. Sending back for a refund.

250g Organic Shea Butter Unrefined
250g Organic Shea Butter Unrefined
Offered by Naissance

4.0 out of 5 stars Used it for PIH, 12 Aug 2013
Heard on a website that used with Emu Oil It could fade PIH marks. I have a small one on my left arm which I have now treated with this and Emu Oil mix for 6 weeks, and though it has faded noticeably, I cant say if its down to the whip I've made, or mother nature. However, all in all it's worth trying.

6 PIECES GREEN TRIANGLE CHALK **
6 PIECES GREEN TRIANGLE CHALK **
Offered by Cuesports & Leisure Products

4.0 out of 5 stars Does its job., 12 Aug 2013
Pretty much as expected. As far as performance is concerned, there was little to differentiate between this and a Pioneer chalk (in terms of cue ball action and control). However, very little chalk dust comes off onto clothes and onto table from the cue ball compared to the Pioneer. That is a big plus as I always tend to come away from gaming sessions like a mechanic comes away from a day at the garage.

Clinique Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector
Clinique Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector
Offered by Online Beauty Buys

3.0 out of 5 stars Is it nature or the product?, 28 July 2013
To be honest, products like these take so damn long to (theoretically) work, you just don't know if they are at all effective, or if its just mother nature working slowly to fade the marks.

If you're expecting anything magical (marks gone within a month), you wont be a very happy customer. If it does work, it takes a long long time.

Page: 1 | 2