Profile for RY Bunting > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
The Elusive Lord Everhart: The Rakes of Fallow Hall Series
The Elusive Lord Everhart: The Rakes of Fallow Hall Series

2.0 out of 5 stars Not really worth waiting for., 24 Mar. 2015
I found this story really hard work and struggled to finish it. The heroine annoyed me from beginning to end, and no characters were developed enough to be more than caricatures. However, what really irritated me most were the many references to red cardinal feathers and their importance to this story. These birds are NOT native to the UK and would never be found outside an aviary. A bit of research might have been worth another star.

Accidental Fiancee (Mills & Boon Love Inspired Historical)
Accidental Fiancee (Mills & Boon Love Inspired Historical)

2.0 out of 5 stars Too much preaching., 19 Mar. 2015
I downloaded a sample of this story because I thought I might have already purchased it. Learning that I hadn't, I downloaded the rest. Had any mention of the heroine's strong religious faith appeared in the sample, I, most certainly, would not have bothered with the rest.
I expected to be entertained by this book, but I was just irritated.

The Accidental Marriage
The Accidental Marriage

2.0 out of 5 stars Nothing special, 12 Mar. 2015
No complaints about the grammar or blatant Americanisms, but the style is just so amateurish that the story generates no excitement. The best I can say is that it passed an hour or so. Had the alternative not been football on the TV, I probably would have abandoned this story unfinished.

Psychic Surveys Book One: The Haunting of Highdown Hall - A Supernatural Thriller

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 25 Feb. 2015
I am open-minded when it comes to the paranormal and, for that reason, rarely read novels involving this element because I don't like the way many authors treat the subject.
I was pleasantly surprised with this book.
It wasn't spooky, sensational or creepy. It was just an entertaining mystery tale. I have already purchased the second book.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 26, 2015 10:24 AM GMT

FACILLA® Lapis Lazuli Gemstone Gem Necklace Pendant 1.42x1.02" HOT
FACILLA® Lapis Lazuli Gemstone Gem Necklace Pendant 1.42x1.02" HOT
Offered by Universal Color

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth waiting for., 18 Feb. 2015
Very happy with my purchase, would have no problem recommending this site to others.

To Catch a Killer: Markson Regency Mystery Series Collection
To Catch a Killer: Markson Regency Mystery Series Collection

1.0 out of 5 stars Almost gibberish, 18 Feb. 2015
Initially, at the very beginning of the first book, I had a little sympathy for the plain, stuttering wallflower, Kristina. However,I very quickly developed an urge for someone to strangle her, as she became so intolerably perfect at everything.
Robert was only slightly less irritating.
My dislike of the characters was, however, a minor problem. Numerous passages are totally unintelligible; so much so that I did wonder if these stories were translated into English from another language. By the third book I had started to wonder if these incomprehensible passages were deliberately included to pad out very thin plots!
I made myself finish it but it truly was awful

Coconut Flour Recipes: Healthy & Delicious Recipes For All Meals
Coconut Flour Recipes: Healthy & Delicious Recipes For All Meals

4.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting., 31 Jan. 2015
I liked the friendly tone of this little book. I will try out some of these recipes as I have most of the ingredients in my kitchen and hate throwing out foodstuffs because I don't know what to do with them. The only reason for not giving it 5 stars is the measurements. I wish it included "cup-grammes/ounces conversions as I have to hunt them out before starting. Other than that, a nice recipe book.

Bertie's Golden Treasure
Bertie's Golden Treasure

5.0 out of 5 stars A pleasant surprise, 19 Jan. 2015
I really dislike "first person" narratives and was disappointed with the first few chapters of this book. However, I hate abandoning a story, so kept reading. I'm very glad that I did. Although virtually all romances are totally predictable, and this is no exception, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I would recommend.

The Second Seduction of a Lady (The Wild Quartet)
The Second Seduction of a Lady (The Wild Quartet)

2.0 out of 5 stars Hardly worth bothering, 29 Dec. 2014
Nothing more than a short story which covered just over half of the book, the rest being advertisements for other books.

Bone China mugs with pinkrose +buttercups ,Violet+forgetmenots,Poppy+harebells . set of 3 mugs Dishwasher and Microwave safe
Offered by Old Sun Pottery

4.0 out of 5 stars Much better than jamjars!, 22 Dec. 2014
I love fine bone china and these are a little denser than I really like but they are very pretty and preferable to the usual transport cafe style mugs.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7