Profile for Cat > Reviews

Room on the Broom
Room on the Broom
by Julia Donaldson

5.0 out of 5 stars Fanbloomintastic, 14 May 2013
This review is from: Room on the Broom (Paperback)
I love this book! A fun story, the rhyme is great, brilliant pictures... It is so easy to read and my 1.5 year old daughter loves it and really enjoys joining in and finishing my sentences. It usually takes my daughter a little while to get into a new book but this was pretty much an instant hit and I'm sure in the first few weeks (maybe months??) after purchasing I was asked for it at least ten times a day. After no time at all I knew the story by heart, quite handy for averting tantrums when you can start to recite this..!

Tomy Splashy the Penguin Bath Toy
Tomy Splashy the Penguin Bath Toy
Offered by The Magic Toy Shop

3.0 out of 5 stars Good whilst it works, 14 May 2013
My daughter received this as a gift for her 1st birthday and really liked it. The tune is annoyingly catchy but I could live with that. I was very happy with this initially and even bought one as a present for a friends' little girl, however not long after my daughter's birthday her toy became a little temperamental. It would stop working and then randomly start singing again just as we were putting our daughter to bed, then it stopped working altogether. We assumed this was just due to the batteries running down, however new batteries were purchased and it still didn't work. Not sure the design is good enough for it to withstand much going under water?? Which, if this is the case, is a little ridiculous for a bath toy! Perhaps we just got a "dud" one though. Also the one I bought through Amazon for my friends' daughter came with batteries as advertised, however I'd assumed it would come with batteries that actually worked! Apparently this was a little too much to ask.

Orchard Toys Flashcards
Orchard Toys Flashcards

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic little flashcards, 14 May 2013
This review is from: Orchard Toys Flashcards (Toy)
These are great flashcards. The pictures are very clear and colourful and all quite relevant (some other flashcards seem to include quite obscure things that probably aren't necessary, the only cards I wasn't so bothered about in this pack were the king and queen which I Ieft out initially). I bought these for my daughter when she was nearly 15 months and she loved them and knew nearly all of them within a few weeks. I would definitely advise laminating, I'm sure it makes them a lot more fun for my daughter that she can have them out and look through them by herself which would have been a recipe for disaster had I not laminated them. The box the cards comes in is also quite large for the cards which means that they still all fit even once laminated, which is an added bonus. If you're thinking about buying simple first word flashcards then I would definitely recommend!

The Dirty Great Dinosaur
The Dirty Great Dinosaur
by Martin Waddell

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 14 May 2013
Really like the illustrations but not the easiest book to read as there are parts with no words just pictures, so you have to ad-lib to a certain extent. My 1.5 year old daughter likes it though.

Prepworks from Progressive International Collapsible Dish Washing Tub/Bowl
Prepworks from Progressive International Collapsible Dish Washing Tub/Bowl
Offered by Creston

5.0 out of 5 stars Great space saver, 14 May 2013
Bought this for our camper. It's clearly not going to be the cheapest washing up bowl you'll ever buy but I think worth the money when space is limited. Only used a couple of times so far but it seems just as sturdy as a normal bowl with the benefit of taking up a lot less space.

Born To Ride - BMX Babygrow / Bodysuit - Bubble Gum Pink - 3-6 Months
Born To Ride - BMX Babygrow / Bodysuit - Bubble Gum Pink - 3-6 Months
Offered by Dressdown

5.0 out of 5 stars A present very well received, 14 May 2013
Bought this for our friends' little girl as our friends are both massively into biking and it was a big hit. They loved it! The quality of the vest seemed good and delivery was very quick.

The Bedtime Bear: A Pop-up Book for Bedtime
The Bedtime Bear: A Pop-up Book for Bedtime
by Ian Whybrow
Edition: Flexibound

2.0 out of 5 stars I don't get it!, 14 May 2013
Ok so I guess this book is supposed to be fun and quirky, but I just don't really get it and actually find it a bit annoying! It's well illustrated and the pop up / pull out bits are quite fun although I agree with other reviews that they are rather flimsy, but it just isn't a book that I particularly enjoy reading to my daughter and I don't see how it can rate itself as a good book to read at bedtime when it's so hectic. In fairness my daughter does ask for it a fair bit at the moment, but that just makes me more annoyed with the book as we have lots of other far more suitable books that we could read at bedtime that I would enjoy reading to her a lot more! Am surprised it has so many rave reviews, I think I must be missing something...