Profile for Mr. K. Lunam-cowan > Reviews

Content by Mr. K. Lunam-cowan

Mr. K. Lunam-cowan "rooniusmaximus" (London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Silverline 208312 File and Rasp Set 9-Piece
Silverline 208312 File and Rasp Set 9-Piece
Price: 13.76

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmmmmmmmmmmm, 7 July 2014
Not the best start. I did read that these are guaranteed for life - figuring that would be a pretty good indication that the makers believe in their product.

However, the case isn't the best. The elastic was already coming away as I unrolled it for the first time. No matter, I thought, it's about the files themselves.

So I picked up one and the handle immediately fell off.

Lifetime guarantee? Let's see if they honour that.

Reggae Sunshine Explosion
Reggae Sunshine Explosion
Price: 5.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice selection of songs, but poor recordings, 27 May 2014
I figured this might be a good addition to my realtively small amount of reggae tracks. And there's some good stuff here.

But it all feels rather thin.

There's no depth to the sound on any of the recordings. I was trying to put my finger on what it sounds like and I think it sounds like you're listening to them on cassette.

Common Knowledge of the..
Common Knowledge of the..
Price: 14.35

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was expecting., 18 Mar 2014
Perhaps my fault, but I was expecting a music album.

What this is is a description of the industry in poetic form, set to music.

Which is OK.

If you like that sort of thing.

Which I didn't.

Kit Universal In-Car Tablet Headrest Mount for 7-10 Inch Tablets Compatible with iPad 2/3/4/Air/Mini, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0/8.0/10.1 Inch, Galaxy Tab 3 7.0/8.0/10.1 Inch, Galaxy Tab 4 7.0/8.0/10.1 Inch, Kindle Fire HD 7.0/8.9 Inch, Fire HDX 7.0/8.9 Inch, Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet and Google Nexus 7/10 - Black
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 18 Mar 2014
I ordered two of these last minute after being let down from another site.

They arrived quickly and fitted our car with ease.

The plastic seems a little brittle, and I feared they might snap with too much force, but they performed perfectly on a 1,500 mile round trip to the Alps and back.

One held an iPad and the other a Nexus 7. While the iPad moved around a little more, due to the weight, they were both more than acceptable to watch movies in the back.

Kids/Girls Winter Thermal High Performance Ski Socks With Extra Cushioning available in 3 Sizes 4 pack 12-3

5.0 out of 5 stars Great socks, 18 Mar 2014
I ordered a set of these fro my daughter as her feet had grown since our last ski trip.

When they turned up they felt like premium quality so I treated myself to a pack of the adult ones to replace my aging socks.

And then I found out my missus had ordered some for herself too.

All pairs were extremely comfortable and seemd to have stood up well to a week's skiing and subsequent wash with no ill effects.

Highly recommended.

6 Pairs - Mens Cotton wit Lycra Argyle Socks - Premium Quality (Dark Colours)
6 Pairs - Mens Cotton wit Lycra Argyle Socks - Premium Quality (Dark Colours)
Offered by Mailboxsocks
Price: 6.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I ordered., 18 Mar 2014
These socks seemed like good value, so I placed my order.

I ordered two packs so that I'd have 12 pairs and could chuck out some of my old socks.

I'm pleased I didn't do that when they first arrived however as the socks that turned up were certainly not as described.

Cotton rich wit (sic) Lycra was the description. 65% Polyester, no Lycra or cotton was what turned up.

They're the sort of socks you might see for sale on a market stall - and avoid.

I suggest you do the same here.

Saltrock Bottle Mens T Shirt Blue (XL)
Saltrock Bottle Mens T Shirt Blue (XL)
Offered by Surfanic

3.0 out of 5 stars A little too big ... at first, 18 Mar 2014
When this t-shirt arrived, I considered sending it back as it was so long in the body.

I should have done. One wash and it's shrunk so that it barely reaches my jeans when stood up, and exposes half my back when bent over.

Shame as I've got lots of other Saltrock stuf and had no problems.

SSX (Limited Edition)
SSX (Limited Edition)

1.0 out of 5 stars You'd have thought it was hard to ruin a series like SSX, but..., 18 Mar 2014
This review is from: SSX (Limited Edition) (Video Game)
...they've managed it.

I bought this game recently - way after it came out - as I remember loving SSX Tricky and hadn't played a snowboarding game for ages. I read the reviews and thought 'It can't possibly be as bad as that' and bought it anyway.

All I can say is that I'm pleased I got it pre-owned for a fiver as it's awful. What made the first couple of games so good was the structure - with one or two short cuts. You knew where you were on the tracks.

With the 'all-mountain' approach in this version they've lost all that structure. You never really know where you are - and yet despite that, it's still pretty easy to win races.

So there's no real fun in playing it, and there's no real challenge either. The addition of the wingsuits and oxygen masks seems pointless and there doesn't seem to be any replay value either.

I can only hope that EA read the reviews and release another version more like the previous ones.

A Bit Of Fry And Laurie - BBC Series 1-4 Complete Box Set [1989] [DVD]
A Bit Of Fry And Laurie - BBC Series 1-4 Complete Box Set [1989] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Stephen Fry
Price: 15.10

5.0 out of 5 stars You forget just how funny they really were., 17 Sep 2013
If you think you probably remember Fry and Laurie as funnier than they were, you're wrong.

Don't dither. Just buy it.

No Time for Dreaming [Re-Issue]
No Time for Dreaming [Re-Issue]
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The greatest soul singer you've never heard of., 17 Sep 2013
I bought this on the strength of 'The World (is going up in flames)' as I heard it on a YouTube video.

After Shazamming the song to find out who it was, I ordered the album and it's brilliant.

Excellent production and just an excellent funky feel to it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4