Shop now Shop now Shop Clothing clo_fly_aw15_NA_shoes Shop All Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop Fire TV Shop now Shop Fire HD 6 Shop Kindle Paperwhite Shop now Shop Now Shop now
Profile for k80cbm > Reviews

Content by k80cbm

k80cbm

Page: 1 | 2
Grunwerg Double-wall Straight Sided Cafetiere, 6 Cup
Grunwerg Double-wall Straight Sided Cafetiere, 6 Cup
Offered by home_essentials

5.0 out of 5 stars No more broken glass!, 21 Dec. 2013
We must be the clumsiest couple on earth because we keep breaking our glass cafetieres, Well not any more. To our way of thinking this is a 2-3 cup (beaker) pot. It keeps the coffee warm, goes in the dishwasher wit no problems, and -something I had been concerned about - doesn't impart a metallic taste to the coffee

Brush Mate 4+ Brush Storage System With Vapour Pad
Brush Mate 4+ Brush Storage System With Vapour Pad
Offered by Diy-Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, but not adaptable for different brush sizes, 21 Dec. 2013
This is a real life saver! I always resent having to clean out my brushes at the end of each day's decorating but this saves you from having to do that. My one adverse comment is that the inbuilt brush grippers don't hold fine brush handles, so the slip down into the paint at the bottom, and I had bait of trouble fitting in 4 brushes where at least 2 were wide ones. That said, it was still a great improvement on the alternative, & I've recommended it to several other people

Gone Girl
Gone Girl

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing ending, 21 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Gone Girl (Kindle Edition)
Some of the writing is very good indeed, & I can see that this was a satisfying intellectual exercise for the author, but I didn't find it sufficiently credible, & think that a vengeful mother (i dont want to spoil the story for those who havent read it) should have at least attempted to bump Amy off in order for justice to have stood a better chance.

Accusharp Knife Sharpener Blue and White
Accusharp Knife Sharpener Blue and White

5.0 out of 5 stars Why didn't I buy one years ago?, 21 Dec. 2013
Finally I can sharpen knives without somehow blunting one side. I've had various electronic sharpeners down the years which never quite made the grade for me ( which could easily have been my fault, not theirs) but this little gadget just hits the spot.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Suit my purpose, 21 Dec. 2013
I used to keep the garden chairs outside all year, but in time all covers rotted. Now I keep them in the greenhouse & this cover keeps the clean & prevents yellowing.

Stoppy - Light Blue
Stoppy - Light Blue
Offered by PTA Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 21 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Stoppy - Light Blue
This is one of those little gadgets you use a lot in summer, when you want to leave lots of doors and windows open but prevent them from slamming. The rubber isn't ultra hard, so it's flexible yet sturdy. This is the second one I've bought

Slow Cooker Revolution
Slow Cooker Revolution
by America's Test Kitchen

3.0 out of 5 stars Perhaps better for the American market?, 21 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Slow Cooker Revolution (Paperback)
It's essential to bear in mind that this book is published for the American market so the cuts of meat tend to be different & some ingredients aren't easy to source here. Likewise, some of the dishes are not really of much use - although in fairness that is bound to be the case with any recipe book. I tried the Goulash first, & found it pretty dull, but the beef Burgundy had plenty of flavour. So far, however, I've found as many reclines on the Internet (& particularly Mumsnet, at first) to be just as useful. For me, this book is no more than OK. Hope others are happier with it.

Spanish Verb Tenses: Conjugating Spanish Verbs (Irregular Verbs), Perfecting Your Mastery of Spanish Verbs in all the Tenses (Present, Past, & Future) & Moods (Indicative, Subjunctive, & Conditional)

3.0 out of 5 stars Where's the Imperative?, 24 Feb. 2013
I like this man's style - his books are purely & simply meant to help you to see things in a way he has found useful & thereby aid memory. That could be the reason I wasn't quite as keen on this book as I was on his Grammar book. I could see his sandal & shoe analogies but they didn't help me link the form with the verb. However, that could be my shortcoming & I would recommend this book to others. The big omission, however, is that of the Imperative mood. It's a big subject & I feel that he should have included it in either this or the Demystifying Spanish Grammar book. Or both.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 18, 2013 11:52 AM BST

Villaforada
Villaforada

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly pitched, 24 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Villaforada (Kindle Edition)
I thoroughly "enjoyed" this book. The author has sensitively combined gruesome, tragic, factual history with enough gritty & sadly all too real current detail, added romance and suspense in just the right proportions to produce a very good and hard to forget novel. My criticism is of the ending, but to be quite honest the ending is unimportant in the context of the whole. Well done, Mr Payne.

Philips HP6403/00 Satinelle Corded Epilator with Shaving Head
Philips HP6403/00 Satinelle Corded Epilator with Shaving Head
Offered by Activecare Online

1.0 out of 5 stars Sorry, this is not worth a penny. I think it's scared of hair!, 8 Jan. 2013
I bought this to replace a Braun epilator which had served me well for years and years. Don't need bells and whistles, just the basic thing - or that's what I thought! But this was next to useless, and I've had to send it back. I do have two others (no idea of the brands off-hand), one I keep for travelling and the other is in our holiday home. Both basic models, but both work very well. (I only mention this to assure you that I have a point of comparison with which to validify my criticism.)

Fortunately I bought it through Amazon so, thanks to what I consider their outstandingly high service standard, I was able to return the epilator with no trouble.

Page: 1 | 2