Profile for Tom > Reviews

The Two Towers - Audio cassette
by J. R. R. Tolkien
Edition: Audio Cassette

4.0 out of 5 stars What A Buy!, 9 Sep 2002
Just recently, my older brother, Shane, has finished reading the 1st book of the Lord Of The Rings series, The Fellowship of The Ring, and has recently moved onto the 2nd, the Two Towers. I am at a disadvantage, due to the fact that now Dwane and then Brian will want to read them, as we all know our place in the family hierarchy. Excluding Finn, who is more into Harry Potter and so is therefore not really included in our pecking order.
Because of this, I have decided to take the initiative and to order the book on tape, so that I can catch up on the story before the next installment in film at Christmas, without jumping my place in this hierarchy.
For this reason, I have decided to snap up the recording for a bargain, off Amazon.co.uk, so that I am not left out on any more things in my childhood, and so that Shane can stop telling me what happens before Ive read it, and so possibly I can have some power over Dwane and Brian.
I strongly recommend it as a gift for any youngsters over the age of 12, or I recommend it to any youngsters older than 12, because the stories are meant to be really exciting and a great read...or listen!

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great Phone For All, 31 Aug 2002
Used to have a really old phone, upgraded to a newer sleekier model, and again, and have just seen this phone. It has served me tremendously, not only reliable, but also stylish.
I recommend it to all people, from heavy usage to only having it in case of an emergency. The o2 network is great and cheap, never had any problems to do with signal coverage either here or abroad.

TV Cooks - Ken Hom Cooks Chinese [VHS]
TV Cooks - Ken Hom Cooks Chinese [VHS]
VHS

4.0 out of 5 stars Simply Amazing!, 25 Aug 2002
Being a very accomplished cook, I have no need for any cooking tips.
Well, if only I could truly say this! In reality, I find it hard to even start the preparation for a bowl of Supernoodles!
For this reason, I researched into top chef's cooking books and multimedia. Easily the best option I found was here on Amazon.co.uk, with Ken Hom's video.
Seeing as it is my friends and my favourite type of food, I thought it was the perfect starter, as this would keep me inspired and enthused. Not only this, but also the fact that Ken Hom really does make this a possible way of learning to cook Chinese food. He does this due to the pace he goes at and the aid of the constant diagrams through the medium of television.
This is a really good idea for either the basic cook or an established chef who wants to expand their knowledge.
A really good buy!

Dairy Milk Fascia for Nokia 8210
Dairy Milk Fascia for Nokia 8210

4.0 out of 5 stars Mmmm...Chocolate!, 25 Aug 2002
I, myself am a chocoholic. After 3 and a quarter years of therapy I can finally admit to it.
I recently found this product on Amazon.co.uk and thought that it was a great idea and so promptly bought one for my phone.
In hindsight, this may not have been the best thing to have done, as now, I have had to buy a new Nokia 8210 from Amazon.co.uk, due to the encrusted saliva jamming number 7, which is ironic, due to the fact that this is my hotkey for my therapist.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Siemens C45 Mobile Phone, 25 Aug 2002
Just recently, I have been thinking about upgrading my old brick-of-a-phone to a new sleek and stylish model, which would still suit my active lifestyle and live up to the demands that a 16 year old boy could put his phone through. I have just recently found the Siemens C45 mobile phone on the o2 network here at Amazon.co.uk and am astounded that I hadn't found it earlier.
This small and light phone has all the style of a Ferrari sports car, but the practicality of a Ford Escort. Despite it not having the latest features, such as picture messaging, it's specifications are still a highly entertaining read, including the games, ringtone composer and endless possibilities of the WAP function. A top class buy.