Profile for margaret > Reviews

Minding Frankie
by Maeve Binchy
Price: 1.95

5.0 out of 5 stars cannot leave, 29 Jun 2014
This review is from: Minding Frankie (Paperback)
I admit I am a fan of Maeve Binchy but from page 1 to the end of the book I found it very difficult to put down, some characters I already knew but those I did not I found brilliant. Fantstic book.

British Wildlife Photography Awards: Collection 4
British Wildlife Photography Awards: Collection 4
by AA Publishing
Price: 17.00

5.0 out of 5 stars photography, 22 May 2014
The photography is fantastic and the write-ups superb, cannot praise this book enough, how some of the photos were taken is beyond my imagination,brilliant

Lush: Book One Love Story Collection
Lush: Book One Love Story Collection
Price: 0.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Boring, 22 May 2014
Don't know what I expected but after reading only a quarter gave up so deleted from my Kindle, still as book is free probably I am being ungrateful

We Bought a Zoo (Film Tie-in): The amazing true story of a broken-down zoo, and the 200 animals that changed a family forever
by Benjamin Mee
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars book enjoyment, 27 April 2012
A very pleasant enjoyable read, parts to bring tears to the eyes and parts that make you laugh, very easy to read and a book I will read again. A book I can recommend.

Perfect Pies & Tarts (Women's Institute)
Perfect Pies & Tarts (Women's Institute)
by Moyra Fraser
Price: 6.99

3.0 out of 5 stars wi member, 27 Nov 2011
Delicious ideas thought there would be savoury pies and tarts not just sweet deserts. The pastry recipes and ideas are very good and the cost of the book (Amazon's price) good value for money

FREE Kindle Books (Free Kindle Book Guide)
FREE Kindle Books (Free Kindle Book Guide)
Price: 0.77

1.0 out of 5 stars kindle reviewer, 3 April 2011
I imagine for the American market this book would be ideal, but most of the webb pages are for American webb sites and not a lot of use in the UK. Saying that some of the American webb-sites are helpful but it would have been a lot more preferable to have been able to use British webb sites instead of trawling through the American webb-sites to find not available in the UK.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars margaret new kindle user, 3 April 2011
It is not the same as reading a book, because you can change pages on both edges, it is very easy to change a page in error. Mind you the help I have received (I am a complete e reader novice) from Amazon has been brilliant, even a telephone call in respect of one query. Without the back-up I would still be impressed, but the back-up has made all the difference and my queries have been sorted within 24 hours.

Collins Bradford's Crossword Solver's Dictionary
Collins Bradford's Crossword Solver's Dictionary
by Anne R. Bradford

3.0 out of 5 stars Collins Bradfords crossword solvers dictionary, 17 Jun 2010
On the whole very good but it has a lot missing, i.e.naming countries and their capitals (capitals are shown but not to which country they relate) various anniversaries, authors, playwrights etc. various gods and religions, Greek and Roman alphabets and numbers also not shown. Personally although this book is helpful I do not find it anywhere as good as the 30 year old Crossword solver I disposed of thinking this would give as much if not more information.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 30, 2012 6:10 PM BST