Profile for Mrs. D. J. Smith > Reviews

Content by Mrs. D. J. Smith

Mrs. D. J. Smith "eowyngreenleaf" (Luton, England)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Olay Total Effects Moisturiser Day and Night Cream 37 ml - Duo Pack
Olay Total Effects Moisturiser Day and Night Cream 37 ml - Duo Pack

4.0 out of 5 stars Olay Duo, 6 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This due of day and night creams are pretty good value - currently £15 on Amazon. They seem a bit of an odd size (37ml) but a little product seems to go a long way. They are both light moisturisers - packaging and consistency the same, so do check the label to make sure you are not mixing up your day and night creams! I'm been more used to a slightly heavier night cream, but this has actually worked really well and my skin has been feeling soft and smooth. Not such help with my enlarged pores, but then I've yet to find something that is!

Forensic Shakespeare (Clarendon Lectures in English)
Forensic Shakespeare (Clarendon Lectures in English)
by Quentin Skinner

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting but Scholarly, 21 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Forensic doesn't mean this is the Shakespeare equivalent of Silent Witness - this is a book looking at a group of Shakespeare's plays (and one poem), of which several are often considered 'problem' plays and the use of rhetoric within them. Skinner argues that this is deliberate and relates to a re-emerging interest in the Roman Rhetoricians in the Tudor period. The book is based on a series of lectures given by Skinner, so although as a casual reader I found it interesting, it was also hard work at times, particularly the opening chapters.

Revlon ColorStay Makeup Foundation for Combination/Oily Skin - 30 ml, Sand Beige
Offered by HORNSEA-INKJET-SUPPLIES

3.0 out of 5 stars Solid Foundation, 15 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This was quite a reasonable match for my fair-ish skin. It's a liquid foundation that goes on fairly easily and gives good coverage. Does it really last 24 hours - who knows! I wear my make up for work and then am glad to take it off at the end of the day! I found it does transfer a bit - for example of a tissue if I have to blow my nose (and I'm a great sneezer!).

My main issue is that it comes in a glass bottle and is difficult to get the right amount out - I'm more used to a thicker consistency in a tube or a jar. To start with I thought I'd never get any out and then you either end up with too much or not enough - so the packaging could do with a rethink!

Revlon Blush Brush
Revlon Blush Brush

4.0 out of 5 stars Won't raise a blush!, 15 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Revlon Blush Brush (Personal Care)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My old blusher brush has done a few years service, so I was pleased to be able to try this one out. It's a lot softer than my old one and so feels very nice on application. It hold the power well - the first time i used it I was a little heavy handed, but you soon get used to this. It's a nice brush and at a reasonable price. Certainly worth a place on my dressing table.

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Coloured Lip Balm - 2.7 g, Honey
Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Coloured Lip Balm - 2.7 g, Honey

3.0 out of 5 stars Lip Crayon, 12 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The outside of the 'crayon' is actually rather pink, but the product itself is more of the honey colour I expected. It goes on easily and is lighter and more sticky than a traditional lipstick. This colour is very close to my natural lip colour on application, so it's quite hard to see how much you have on!

I can't say I found it more moisturising that normal lipstick. I didn't find it had particularly good staying power either - I had nothing left after an hour or so but a pinkish stain. I was interested to test this for Amazon Vine but I don't think I would buy it.

The Open Fetterlock
The Open Fetterlock

5.0 out of 5 stars Unfinished Brilliance!, 1 Jan. 2015
Some bits of novels that Wainwright has never completed - a shame! The Adventures of Alianore Audley is one of the funniest things I've ever read, so I can't help wishing for more! I loved the 'real' Ballad of Bosworth Field - priceless! (I'm familiar with the poem The Lion & Albert, which helps!). For 77p you can't complain - unless it's that Wainwright hasn't written more!

Zyliss Acid Etched Rotary Fine and Coarse Drum Grater
Zyliss Acid Etched Rotary Fine and Coarse Drum Grater

3.0 out of 5 stars Not That Grate....., 15 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This comes with two drums, one 'coarse' and one 'fine' - one can be stored inside and they snap in and out easily, but are secure when in. They can be put in either way depending on which hand you prefer to use. I would not say that the 'coarse' drum is particularly coarse as I found the cheese grated rather too finely for me. It does have the usual problem of rotary graters of bits getting left round the edges. Then you have to faff about a bit to clean it and the area you put your cheese into grate isn't all that big, so you have to cut it smaller..... frankly I'd rather stick with my box grater - also easier to grate as much as I decide I want as I go!

Charles I (Penguin Monarchs): An Abbreviated Life
Charles I (Penguin Monarchs): An Abbreviated Life
by Mark Kishlansky

4.0 out of 5 stars The King Who Lost His Head, 6 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is part of a series of 'abbreviated' lives of British monarchs, published by Penguin. Charles I is not a monarch I've read a lot about, so I thought this concise history would be interesting. I found it to be well written an the author made a good attempt to be even handed. To me, Charles I came across as a man trying his best in a difficult situation - we must always remember that hindsight is a wonderful thing!

I know this is a brief 'life' of the subject, but I would just have liked a few more pages at the end summarising the direct impact of the execution of Charles I. It ends precisely with this death, I would have liked to have known just a little more - what happened to his body both then and latter and the direct political impact of this act of regicide. On the other hand, it has obviously given me a need to go and find out a bit more!

Disney Princess Magic Dress Sleeping Beauty
Disney Princess Magic Dress Sleeping Beauty

4.0 out of 5 stars Princess Perfect, 10 Nov. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Little girls everywhere seem to love Disney princesses, so what's not to like here?

This is a pretty well made doll and you twizzle the tiara to change the gown from pink to blue and back again. Obviously the drawback of this is that you can't put another dress on this, so if your little girl is a dolly dressing type, this may not be for her. On the other hand this could be good for a bit of excitement for little fingers which can't yet quite manage the dressing and undressing on a doll this size.

Busy B 2015 Couples Calendar with Dual Schedules & Storage Pockets, Birds Design

4.0 out of 5 stars Calendar for Couples, 9 Oct. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is rather a nice calendar, but it hasn't got lots of nice pictures and the 'look' for each month is quite similar. It's good for couples as it has space on one side for one persons activities and the other on the other side with a joint space in the middle. There's also a useful pocket at the bottom of each month which you could tuck theatre/concert tickets for that month into.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20