Profile for Arran Moyes > Reviews

Turtle Beach Ear Force: Call of Duty: Ghosts - Shadow Stereo Headset
Offered by b68solutions

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent for PlayStation 4, 29 Dec. 2013
Hello all,

To tell you the truth there is nothing special about these Beach's at all, I would compare them with there lower end cheaper models in sound quality. I got this pair specifically for my PS4 as I can't really find any other compatible pairs out there. So there really wasn't much choice. I did have a some hassle setting them up with my PS4, it's not as easy as they made it out to be, trying to get 'Game Audio' and 'Chat Audio' coming through at once was a pest! You have to have one cable plugged into the Headphone jack on the back of your T.V then the other plugged into the USB of the PS4. And then fiddle about with the setting's inside the PS4. The audio can be rather tinny, as though the 'high's have been turned up real high and there is not enough bass. There is some controls on the panel that's attached to the cable for volume and bass control, but when it's turned up high it doesn't sound very nice, and theres just not enough to the bass. The good side to this though is the mic, which personally I think it's one of the best I have ever used, you can hear other people so clear and crisp, I was so surprised and the same goes for the person listening to you. Another thing is the cable is extremely long so you won't have any bother is the cable being too short and having to sit close to the PS4. There pretty comfy, but not amazingly comfy, my ears did get sore after a couple hours or so, although I do have big head!

At the end of the day, these Beach's do the job, not too shabby in price and the mic is brilliant. I will use them well until an official headset comes out from Sony. Any questions in the set up just ask!

Cheers
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 3, 2016 12:32 PM GMT

Logitech Z-906 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers - Black
Logitech Z-906 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars PlayStation 4/XBox One Setup., 29 Dec. 2013
Wow wow wow!

I purchased these speakers not long after Sony's PlayStation 4 was announced on February 21st, 2013. I bought these speakers specifically for my gaming consoles rather than a PC set up. Before these I did own the Z506, and the jump between both of them is extremely significant! and so is the price! And that's why I took 1 star away. But to tell you the truth these speakers are worth every single penny! I used them on my PS3 for a few months and I just couldn't believe how mean they sounded, playing games like Battlefield and The Last of US or Call of Duty made it feel so much more intense. The shear power you get from them is MORE than you could want, especially when you have the Bass turned all the way up you can actually feel it pounding of your chest as if you were in a nightclub and I'm not even exaggerating at the slightest. When the PS4 came out I couldn't wait to run these speakers straight from my PS4 Via optical cable, where as the PS3 was a little more complicated. But when using the optical cable with the PS4 you can notice the difference in sound, MUCH more crisper. I also use them with my Xbox One via optical cable are there are 2 inputs on the back of the sub.

If you're looking for a pair of very decent speakers for you new console, or either for a mini home theatre system, I would 100% recommend these bad boys. I'm so chuffed I got these. Was thinking of a sound bar instead at the time, but I'm very happy with my decision. If you have any question about connecting up with any console please ask, here to help.

Thanks for reading!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 28, 2014 2:05 AM BST

LEGO City Undercover - Limited Edition with Chase McCain Minifigure (Nintendo Wii U)

3.0 out of 5 stars It's a Wii U Game! And it's a real laugh!, 29 Mar. 2013
Well I've never been a fan of LEGO games until this Wii U Exclusive came along, and after playing this I may look into purchasing the others.

THE GOOD:

I've always been a massive fan of free roam games such as GTA, Sleeping Dogs, Far Cry, anything really with a massive open world. And the world is huge with loads to do/collect. I love this game because you can take your time with it, it doesn't rush you into things. The graphics are a treat for a LEGO game, the best of all of them I would say that's out there in this genre. And the gameplay is similar if you're used to the others. Which is good. The game also works well with the Wii U Gamepad, such as video calls, scanning things in the map to find clues, and also you can set waypoints buy clicking anywhere on the map which is displayed on the Gamepad. One of the best things about this game for me so far is the humour and voice acting, it's a real proper laugh, so cheesy that you'll just love it. Overall so far it's great fun - I still have loads to do as I only got the game yesterday, but I thought I would write a little review as it's a Wii U game, and there's not many out there!

THE BAD:

Only play as 1 character throughout the entire game, there is no multiplayer, loading times are exceedingly annoying! and this is the reason I am giving the game 3 stars - some loading screens last longer than a minute! More could be done with the Wii U Gamepad.

LAST WORDS:

Although who's not to say they won't fix these problems in a patch update, which I'm sure they will. They even might add an option for multiplayer in the future as I think it would work a treat in this massive map. This is a Wii U Game and as I said before there's not many out there, and It's one I would say you MUST purchase. Real good fun.

Hope this helps a little, any questions please comment! :-))
Comment Comments (10) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 29, 2013 6:39 PM GMT