Profile for Hugh Rogers > Reviews

Content by Hugh Rogers

Hugh Rogers

Epson Stylus SX445w All-in-One printer with Wifi and email Print (Print, Copy and Scan)

1.0 out of 5 stars A lot of trouble and effort., 14 Sept. 2013
When my old, seemingly identical, printer broke, (my fault) I found another one, on the Internet. But this one was a newer one, although identical in every other way. So it would not work with XP and Office 2000. So I had to splash out and upgrade to Windows 8 and Office 2013. It was not the seller's fault, he probably didn't know, I was just unlucky.

Bizet - Carmen / Bardon, Gavin, Magee, Plazas, PO, Parry [Opera in English]
Bizet - Carmen / Bardon, Gavin, Magee, Plazas, PO, Parry [Opera in English]

5.0 out of 5 stars So many years, so many years., 14 Sept. 2013
For years and years I have been looking for this. Oh I tried all the big-boys, and they weren't even able to order it ! Such is life. And then I got this Internet thing, and guess what I found. There must be a catch I though as I tentatively placed my order on the Internet. So many scary stories abounded as I recalled what MIGHT go wrong. But they didn't, it arrived, and I greedily clamped my headphones on and wallowed in it. Reading the booklet over and over again, so as not to miss every inflection, every word, brill. But then I am a bit biased.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 22, 2013 9:37 PM GMT

GENTS LEATHER METAL RIMMED COIN PURSE (1693) (BLACK)
GENTS LEATHER METAL RIMMED COIN PURSE (1693) (BLACK)
Offered by betnix bargains

5.0 out of 5 stars Why don't all sellers take the time and trouble ?, 14 Sept. 2013
I needed a replacement one, and all I had found locally was smaller, all leather ones. No sale. And then I came across this one on the Internet. Not only did it have an attractive metal protective band around the edge, but the seller gave the measurements. it was the same size as the worn-out one I was looking to replace. Sold. Others advertised, just left it to pot-luck as to what size it might be, they just didn't bother, care, no-sale.

Visio 2007 For Dummies
Visio 2007 For Dummies
by John Mueller

4.0 out of 5 stars A repacement for my old circuit diagram drawing package., 14 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Visio 2007 For Dummies (Paperback)
A whole lot more expansive than my very old drawing package. it has the ability to DO lot more. I don't know if I will ever want or need all these other amazing attributes, but, they are there if one needed them. It will take me quite a while to get used to doing things differently with it, but utilising the Circuit Diagram format, it is actually easier. Usually newer means more complicated and sheer awkward. But with the help of this book, it seems a little easier to use than my old diagram package.

Office 2013 All-in-One For Dummies
Office 2013 All-in-One For Dummies
by Peter Weverka

5.0 out of 5 stars Nine out of ten. With a giant leap from Office 2000 to this required a reference book, and this did the job., 14 Sept. 2013
As an XP Office 2000 user, changing to 8 and Office 2013 was quite harsh. Not better, just different. Where was the toolbar, where was everything ? A nightmare without written help to refer to.