Profile for Chatterbox > Reviews

Philips S1/00 Fidelio S1 High Fidelity In Ear Headphones
Philips S1/00 Fidelio S1 High Fidelity In Ear Headphones

3.0 out of 5 stars Very good sound but awful design, 8 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Without having to pay hundreds of pounds for top of the range headphones/earphones, these Philips earphones do deliver a very good sound quality for the price but I am still giving it only 3 stars because the design is simply awful. The only positive in the design is the flat wires that stop you from having to untangle meters and meters of the usual thin wires that normally come with most earphones. However, even that's not great as I think the flat wire on these earphones is just too thick, which makes it almost unsightly.

The ear piece is so awkwardly designed that these earphones keep falling out of my ears no matter how well I try to position them. Yes, one could argue that it's my ears that are awkward but I'd like to say that I don't have this issue with any other earphones I owned or still own, and I've had quite a few of them.

If Philips re-visits the design of these earphones, then I'd say they would be well worth the price but as it stands, you really are better off spending your money elsewhere unfortunately.

Passion into Profit: How to Make Big Money from Who You are and What You Know
Passion into Profit: How to Make Big Money from Who You are and What You Know
by Andy Harrington

3.0 out of 5 stars Very mediocre, 31 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This book is nothing different from many other books on the subject. My 3-star rating isn't as such a negative review but more a rating for a mediocre book. It contains the usual suspects normally covered in this sort of books plus common sense advice such as back up your credibility with some personal stories, you need to spend money to make money, create quality content and reuse etc

Don't get me wrong all of these things make total sense but I don't think anyone needs to spend money to hear it from someone else. I suppose if there is value in reading this book, then it would be that the author made effort to take a lot of common sense advice, structure it and package it up into a book.

If you've never read anything on this topic, then it may be helpful. Otherwise don't bother.

Philips SatinPerfect Deluxe HP6581/03 Wet and Dry Epilator, with Skin Tautening Attachment, Shaver Head and Precision Epilator

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product bundle, 30 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Great product bundle. Can be used wet and dry, which is excellent. Looks stylish enough not to have to hide it in the bathroom. Convenient to use but wouldn't say it's completely painless. However I wouldn't expect a device like this to be completely painless anyway. So I'd probably say it's relatively painless compared to similar devices I used before.

Quick and easy to use but a bit pricey for what it is.

Olay Regenerist Luminous Skin Tone Perfecting Moisturiser Day Cream 50 ml
Olay Regenerist Luminous Skin Tone Perfecting Moisturiser Day Cream 50 ml

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 28 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Not for me. Feels too greasy and heavy (possibly due to SPF protection in it). This may work well for those, who don't wear makeup but it's not working for me because it makes all my makeup slide off my skin before midday and makes your appearance a mess. I also don't notice any particular improvements to skin tone from use of this. All in all, not the product for me.

Panasonic ALL8 Wireless Speaker System (Black)
Panasonic ALL8 Wireless Speaker System (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff, 22 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Excellent speaker! Really surprised by the quality of sound. Honestly didn't expect this from Panasonic. Whatever I play, the sound is sharp, crystal clear and remains so no matter how loud I play my music.

I am not entirely sure what the other reviewers are referring to when speaking of the complicated setup; it literally took me minutes to set up and enjoy the music. Totally plug'n'play.

The appearance of the speaker isn't intrusive, so doesn't interfere with the general style of the room I've put it in either. Excellent speaker. Really pleased with it.

Scholl Velvet Smooth Diamond Pedi Extra Coarse Hard Skin Remover Refill - Pack of 2
Offered by Virunga

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 17 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is excellent product. Coarse but not too rough. Very effective and great quality as expected from Scholl. To put it simply: does what it says on the tin!

12 Years A Slave
12 Years A Slave
Dvd

2.0 out of 5 stars Very dull and boring, 23 Feb. 2015
I am not sure what exactly got this film 5-star reviews but I found it very dull and deeply disappointing. It was a waste of good acting talent. Both Ejiofor and Fassbender were excellent. Hence 2 stars rather than one. However the story is one dimensional and really boring. I nearly fell asleep after 1 hour and the film lasts over 2. Not at all recommended. We don't have to say the film is excellent just because we think slavery is an awful tragedy. Yes, slavery is a tragedy but this film is still dull and still boring. Human tragedy doesn't always make a good film and I am not going to say otherwise just to be politically correct.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 4, 2015 8:37 PM BST

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick - 4.2 g, Pink in the Afternoon
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick - 4.2 g, Pink in the Afternoon

3.0 out of 5 stars The colour is nice although probably would suit blondes more than any other ..., 9 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The colour is nice although probably would suit blondes more than any other hair colours. Texture is ok when lipstick is brand new but it's not particularly soft or moisturising, which I would prefer.

I think I'd choose Revlon lip butters over this. The colour payoff may not be as great on those but overall the texture is much nicer, softer and more moist.

Revlon PhotoReady Eye Primer and Brightener - 2.4 ml
Revlon PhotoReady Eye Primer and Brightener - 2.4 ml

3.0 out of 5 stars you find it's best to still use your fingers to apply it evenly, 9 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The product is ok as a primer, not sure about the brightening action. Didn't do anything for me in that sense. You need to be aware that this product isn't a concealer, so don't buy it if you intend to use it for hiding dark circles under your eyes. It's not intended for that and won't work as a concealer.

As a primer, it's fairly mediocre. The applicator is awful and unhygienic. Firstly, it takes you a while to get the right amount of product on the brush. When you do get it, you find it's best to still use your fingers to apply it evenly. Secondly, because it's not really a disposable brush, you won't really be able to wash it effectively after several uses, which creates a bacteria breeding ground. I think a squeezable tube or a lip gloss type applicator would've been better.

Dettol Antibacterial Laundry Cleanser Powder 990 g (Pack of 3)
Dettol Antibacterial Laundry Cleanser Powder 990 g (Pack of 3)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a product for busy lives, 9 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Didn't realise pre-soaking was required and don't think that most of us have clothes so ridden with bacteria that you'd feel justified in creating yourself a massive hassle of pre-soaking your laundry.

This kind of brought another question to my mind: do I really want to use more chemicals to get rid of day-to-day bacteria we come across in our everyday lives? Probably not as our immune systems will continue to weaken if we persist in killing all bacteria in our surroundings. On this basis, I won't be buying this product again. Just don't see the point of it and therefore don't get what the market really is.

I think places like NHS would probably benefit from it but not an ordinary home.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20