Profile for Sumoboy73 > Reviews

Ecco ''Freddy Couples'' Golf Street Shoes - Brown
Ecco ''Freddy Couples'' Golf Street Shoes - Brown
Price: £69.95 - £102.14

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost as good as I hoped, 17 May 2014
Bought these shoes last week. Worn them 3 times on the course. The Pro's....These are the most comfortable golf shoes I have ever worn. No heel rub, no blisters, no discomfort at all. They are also quite a wide fit so if you are like me and have a broad foot then these could be for you. I have tried many golf shoes but I find they are usually quite narrow across the toe and I normally have to buy a size bigger just to get the width but with these shoes I can have the correct size. Even though they are a spikeless street shoe they still have hard plastic grips which I have had no problems with even in damp conditions. They are extremely well made and are the quality you would expect from a £100 pair of shoes. I got the brown colour with the bright orange laces but you get a spare pair of brown laces which i swapped to. The orange is a bit to bright and blatant for me. The Con's.....These shoes are NOT waterproof. They aren't even shower proof. Even early morning dew on the ground will penetrate the toe area of these shoes. I even have used a top quality waterproofing leather shoe cream but it made no difference. These are a strictly dry day shoe only. That's the only problem with them. Put aside that and you have a lovely pair of summer weather golf shoes. Enjoy.

Skyfall [DVD]
Skyfall [DVD]
Dvd ~ Daniel Craig
Offered by Direct Entertainment Supplies

2.0 out of 5 stars A step in the wrong direction, 26 Jan 2013
This review is from: Skyfall [DVD] (DVD)
Before I start lets get one thing straight...Daniel Craig is the best James Bond ever, full stop.The 2006 Casino Royale is the best James Bond film ever,and Quantum Of Solace was not bad...however, Skyfall is a complete let down.
I was so disappointed when I finally got to see this especially after all the positive hype.
When I was a kid growing up I enjoyed James Bond films. The gadgets, the girls, the cars and the cheesy one liners. When I watch the older films now they don't have the same appeal I must admit and at times I find them incredibly corny, so the harder hitting, more grown up Casino Royale was a much needed addition to the Bond franchise. I was totally blown away by it. So what's wrong with Skyfall? It's trying to go back to the older Bond film roots which I don't think is a good thing. I liked the realism of Casino Royale. The brutal hand to hand combat fighting on the stair case in the hotel made you believe Bond was a killer. In Skyfall the fight scenes in places reminded me of Austin Powers and I kept wanting to say "Judo Chop". When Daniel Craig introduces himself to M after coming out of hiding and saying,"James Bond reporting for duty"..I started watching the film through my fingertips.The C.G.I Komodo Dragon scene...what was that all about? and how exactly did Silva escape? One second he was standing unarmed in a high security room with armed guards watching him and the next second the guards were dead and he was off on his toes. I know I had trouble keeping my eyes open at times but I'm sure I didn't miss anything. I was hoping for a good recovery to rescue the film at the end but the 80's A-Team finale with the homemade weapons at the Skyfall house was the straw that broke the camels back for me. My title of this review hits the nail on the head..A step in the wrong direction. I so wanted it to be good but sadly it wasn't. I dear say I will still by the D.V.D when it comes out just to keep the collection going but I doubt I will watch it many times as it has no way the replay value of Casino Royale or Quantum Of Solace in my opinion.
In Summary, don't avoid it but if you are a fan of the first two Daniel Craig films then I think you will be deeply disappointed.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 9, 2013 8:12 PM GMT

Looking 4 Myself [Deluxe Version]
Looking 4 Myself [Deluxe Version]

1.0 out of 5 stars So disappointed, 10 Jan 2013
If you love the track 'Scream' then you will be deeply disappointed with this album, because 'Scream' is the only decent track on it. Bought this for my wife for Christmas who desperately tried to be nice about it when she listened to it but we both agreed it was dreadful. In fact we just kept repeating 'Scream' because it was the only tracked we liked. The good....Scream.....The bad.....everything else. Lots of songs which don't appear to have any rhythm and you struggle to tap your feet to any of them. If you thought Usher had moved on to up beat dance tracks like 'OMG'..and 'Scream'...with catchy hooks which get you running for the dance floor then think again.Do yourself a favour and download 'Scream' and forget buying the album.Dont say I didn't warn you. Avoid

Cleaning Antibacterial Black Sock Case Cover Pouch For Samsung Galaxy S2 / White

3.0 out of 5 stars Good quality product but no good if you have a gel cover on phone, 9 July 2012
Bought this sock case for my brand new Samsung S2 Galaxy phone. I was impressed with the quality,it is very well made and the phone fitted very snug giving confidence that the phone would not fall out. I decided due to the nature of my job that some additional protection was necessary so I purchased a gel cover to fit around the outside of the phone case. Unfortunately the sock case then became ridiculously to tight resulting in everytime you took the phone out of the case the soft antibacterial ligning came out to which is very annoying. I decided that the gel casing was more important than the self cleaning ligning so I ripped out the ligning and now the phone fits perfectly.In summary, if you are happy with the sock case as the only protection for your expensive phone then this is absolutely fine.If your like me and feel more confident with a gel case as well, and your prepared to modify the sock case slightly then this is also fine. If you are'nt happy to modify the sock case and you want a gel case as well then dont buy this product because it wont fit and the effort involved in putting the sock over the gel case is not practical.

Sony Mid-Range In-Ear Headphones with Deep Bass for iPod, iPhone, MP3 and Smartphone - White
Offered by HD Sales Inc

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent enough for the money, 11 Jun 2012
I bought these earphones as a replacement for my previous sony earphones which lasted 3 years.Although these have a decent enough sound I dont think they will last as long as my old ones because they are no where near the build quality. The cable is very flimsy and it is very weak especially near the jack plug where it needs to be strong. They do look nice and neat and come with a handy cable winder so you can shorten and lengthen the cable.In summary they do the job but I will be surprised if they last a year.

Super 8 [DVD]
Super 8 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Elle Fanning
Offered by MediaMerchants

1.0 out of 5 stars So disappointed!, 29 Dec 2011
This review is from: Super 8 [DVD] (DVD)
I was really looking forward to seeing this film even though it hadn't received great reviews. I watched it with my Mum,Dad and my 9 year old daughter so a good collection of age groups were covered to rate this film. The truth is, my daughter went to her room to play on her laptop after 15 minutes, my Dad drifted in and out of sleep through the entire film and my mum desperately tried to be nice about it even though she was clearly not enjoying it at all. The first hour is incredibly tedious with very little action at all. Infact when there is a hope of something exciting happening it is very short lived and the film quickly reverts back to being dull again. I dont think I have ever watched a film which stops/starts so many times.The last half hour unfortunately doesn't get any better and to be fair when the movie reaches it's climax you just dont care anymore. The plot of the film is basically a group of young film makers who witness a train crash and on this train is a spider like alien who escapes and causes strange things to happen in a small town where the young film makers live. The government try to cover it up as best as possible but things spiral out of control and eventually the children try to find out what is going on.Not much happens basically and eventually the alien flies home in an ending which didn't come soon enough for me. My family also didn't enjoy this film and agreed you would never watch it again. Deeply disappointing really. Save your money and wait for it to come out on Sky, and then maybe watch it out of curiosity but I can assure you that it is not worth it. I expected more from Steven Spielberg. Avoid!!

Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure Starter Pack (Wii)
Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure Starter Pack (Wii)

5.0 out of 5 stars One happy daughter, 27 Dec 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this for my 9 year old daughter for christmas and she is totally absorbed in it. It is ridiculously easy to set up,just plug the USB adaptor provided into one of the USB ports at the back of your Wii console. Switch on the Wii, insert game disc provided and away you go. The plastic portal device takes 3 AA batteries, once there in, press on/off switch on side of portal and follow the on screen instructions after the game has loaded.You are even promted to place the characters on the portal.It is idiot proof.The plastic portal device works wirelessly through the USB adaptor you plugged in earlier. I thought the wireless connection would keep dropping but it works flawlessly, it really is fantastic. The game is probably best suited to ages 6 to 12 as it is very easy to pick up and you are constantly promted on screen telling you what to do anyway. You get 3 characters with the starter pack which will provide hours of gameplay and eventually you will probably want to buy the extra charcaters which all have their own adventures through the game. I think there is over 30 to collect. I suppose the only down side to that is you are probably looking between £150.00 and £200.00 for the entire collection of characters but you dont need to buy them all at once..probably be birthday and chrismas presents for the future. In summary this is a brilliant purchase and my Daughter is over the moon. Infact, it's very difficult to drag her away from it at times. A must buy in my opinion, very very pleased.

Ladies Faux Suede Furry Bootee Slippers Womens Size 6
Ladies Faux Suede Furry Bootee Slippers Womens Size 6
Offered by Impressionz

4.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase, very pleased, 24 Dec 2011
Bought these for my Mum as a Christmas present and they appear to be good quality,very well made and I'm sure she will be very pleased tomorrow when she receives them. The only niggle is that the box was very bashed about to the extent that I had to dispose of the box and wrap the slippers on there own, but apart from that everything is good. I ordered a size 6 as my mum is a size 5 to 6 depending on styles of footwear but I think I have made the right choice because I think the 5 would have been to small. My mum has quite a broad foot and the 6 I'm sure will give her the extra width across the toes she needs...I hope!

Tiger Woods Pga Tour 12 : The Masters (Wii)
Tiger Woods Pga Tour 12 : The Masters (Wii)
Offered by LT Lighting

3.0 out of 5 stars Good at times but has more bugs than a tramps bed!, 24 Dec 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
Bought this game about 6 months ago so I decided to give it a fair test before I reviewed it. THE GOOD...You get to play at Augusta for the first time on any game on any console. I read somewhere that the games creators went to Augusta and mapped out the course and all it's undulating contours and apparently the game is very accurate to the real thing. After playing it several times you could appreciate how difficult Augusta really is. The greens are incredibly fast and sometimes the most delicate touch is needed and with the Wii Motion Controller it is very very sensitive. You have to be right! There is so much to do on this game and there is hours of entertainment with plenty of mini games including a half decent crazy golf type game which is quite enjoyable...However..THE BAD..This game is riddled with bugs. I read that the PC version was so flawed people were being offered there money back! and unfortunately the Wii version is no different. The game has frozen on me mid round where I had to switch the Wii off and then reload it losing all my game play. I have hit perfect hole in one's only to be told that the ball has gone out of bounds...WHAT!..sometimes the zoom feature doesn't zoom so you've got no idea where the ball is going even on All Play mode. There is a Tour Players skill level where you get to look down on the ball when you tee off thus making it realistic but to align the club face so it is square to the ball like in real golf it just isn't realistic. It gets you to contort your hands in an unnatural sought of way to get the club face square behind the ball.It just isn't right..I'ved played Golf for about 5 years and I play off 18 so I am probably a bit critical of this game because I suppose I would like to think of this game as a realistic golf simulator but it just isn't. I think the only replacement for real golf is a golf simulator where you swing a real club and hit real balls and because with the Wii version you are swinging a chunky plastic controller which is impossible to grip like a real golf club it just doesn't work for me. The graphics are also a step down from previous Tiger Woods games I would imagine because they have tried to cram so much into this game that somethings have been compromised. In summary I would say that because you can play at Augusta this game is probably worth buying. Treat this game as a bit of fun and not a substitute for real golf because it just isn't.

NeilMed Sinus Rinse Starter Kit with 15 Sachets
NeilMed Sinus Rinse Starter Kit with 15 Sachets

5.0 out of 5 stars Definately worth a try!, 11 Aug 2011
I've suffered with allergies, Asthma, hayfever and general respiratory problems for years and I have tried many different products to help combat these problems. I recently after many trips to the doctors and hospital finally got the Sinus surgery that I needed to hopefully sought my nose out and make breathing more easier and possibly bring my sense of smell and taste back which has been absent for 4 years.
I was given the Neilmed Starter Kit by the hospital to begin rinsing (Douching) my nose 7 days post op. I use it twice a day and it's been a week now and there is already a noticable difference in how clear my nasal passages feel. I even have a very slight improvement in my sense of smell and taste.I dont think this is a miracle cure if you have sinus problems like me because I feel that surgery is the real answer. I do believe though that this product if used correctly can help to clear stuffy sinuses and may improve other sinus related issues. The reason I say this product has to be used correctly is because you can get it wrong like I did the first time I used it. You must tilt the bottle on an angle when pressed against your nostril, not vertical because it wont work. You must have your head slightly tilted forward as well or the solution will run down the back of your throat and that's not pleasant.If you do these two things right then it will work brilliantly. It's quite shocking what actually jets out of your nasal passages, especially after sinus surgery,(I wont go into detail,it's quite disgusting).
Initially after the first 2 or 3 times I used it my nose still felt stuffy afterwards but it seems to be improving all the time. The surgeon who performed my operation recommended that I still continue to use my Nasonex Nasal Spray along with this product 2 weeks post op because the steriod spray should help to control the Polyps that I had removed.The Neilmed rinse on it's own will not control the polyps so you may still have to use medicated solutions as well.I still think this is a cheap and effective product because once you buy the starter kit all you need after that is the replacement sachets. You can buy a 5 month supply for about £15Neilmed Sisurinse 120 refill mixture sachets for netipot and bottle.00. Give it a go..you might be suprised.

Page: 1 | 2