Profile for Cueball > Reviews

Content by Cueball

Cueball

Le Creuset Assorted Mugs Set of 7
Le Creuset Assorted Mugs Set of 7

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a 'set' at all, just 7 individual mugs wrapped separately..., 19 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Le Creuset Assorted Mugs Set of 7
The reason I bought the mugs from Panters was because I thought they were being sold as a set, i.e. in a box together which would mean I could wrap them easily as a gift for someone.
However, what I actually received was 7 individually bubble-wrapped mugs stuffed into an ugly brown packing box. Had I known what I was getting, I would have just bought the mugs myself and selected the colours myself too...for the same or cheaper price. I would have gone with 6 or 8 too, as 7 is a bit random hence the reason I relied on them being a proper set.
Bit of a disappointment - be aware of what you're buying!

Galvin: A Cookbook de Luxe
Galvin: A Cookbook de Luxe
by Chris Galvin

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic bistro cookery book, 24 Sept. 2012
I am lucky enough to have dined at their restaurant next to spittalfields market and it was up there with the one and two star restaurants I have eaten at and was one of the best meals I have ever had. As part of the tasting menu we ordered I received a signed copy of this book and it is incredible. It requires a decent level of cooking technique but a high standard home cook should be comfortable. The beef short ribs recipe is phenomenal - a regular dinner party dish I make. All in all buy this book and enjoy some fantastic food!