Profile for Maddy > Reviews

Rona Ross Sun Allergy Gel SPF15 160ml
Rona Ross Sun Allergy Gel SPF15 160ml
Offered by M.D. Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 10 July 2016
I used this on the last week of a 3 week holiday after a painful sun allergy rash I suffered despite using the 5 star rated sun cream recommended for prickly heat (Techniblock) finally cleared up and it protected my skin completely. I certainly won't bother looking for any other sun creams again, this really did the trick.

Techniblock® SPF30 Sun Spray 75ml
Techniblock® SPF30 Sun Spray 75ml
Offered by TECHNIblock Suncare

1.0 out of 5 stars Spoilt holiday, 11 Jun. 2016
Doesn't work - my holiday is spoilt as covered in painful prickly heat (worse I've had in years) after one short session in the sun. Don't know what all the other reviewers were using!

Techniblock® Sun Spray SPF15 150ml x 2 SAVE 5%
Techniblock® Sun Spray SPF15 150ml x 2 SAVE 5%
Offered by TECHNIblock Suncare

1.0 out of 5 stars Holiday spoilt!, 11 Jun. 2016
Arrived in Crete for my annual holiday armed with this stuff after doing my research, trying to find a suntan lotion that guards against prickly heat. The reviews for this product were great therefore seduced into thinking my annual struggle with prickly heat was over! Not so, one afternoon in the sun and I have the worse outbreak of prickly heat I've had in years. I will now have to avoid the sun for days until it calms down. I will go back to the product I used last year which although didn't prevent it completely certainly didn't leave me in the state I am at the moment except of course I no way of getting it as I am already on holiday and none of the generic lotions sold here work for me! Now 6 days into my holiday and I'm still covered in painful lumps after one session in the sun on my first day and using this product. Update: It took 2 weeks of not being able to sit in the sun and twice daily application of hydrocortisone cream to clear up the painful rash, I really am quite angry about this product.

The Blake Soul: FREE ROMANTIC CRIME MYSTERY SUSPENSE PSYCHOLOGICAL THRILLER, A ROMANTIC SUSPENSE SERIES, A FREE BOOK

1.0 out of 5 stars Glad it was free, 26 Sept. 2015
I am at at total loss to understand why this book has so many good reviews! The whole thing was badly written but the bits that actually made me laugh were the serious conversations with a child of 2 and later when he was 4! The idea of a 4 year old climbing out of the bedroom window and shinning down a tree to wander round the garden in the middle of the night on a regular basis made me laugh out loud - even if it was believable I think as a parent I might have noticed - mum was obviously too busy pushing out kids kids and tossing her "soft brown curls" about. Suprised to find the writer is a doctor as her awful heroine became a qualified doctor very quickly and very young! I certainly won't be wasting my time on anything else from this author.

YOUR Pillow! by SHO - Ultimate Self Inflating Travel, Camping & Festival Pillow - Lifetime Guarantee
Offered by SHOnline

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Pillow, 13 July 2015
Great pillow - this is the second one I've purchased. I originally bought one for holiday use but found it works very well as a back support - best I've tried to be honest! Only slight niggle is that it tends to deflate slowly if too much pressure (I.e. using it as a back support) is put on it, however, it is easy and quick to re-inflate.

We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves
We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful book, 2 May 2015
I read this book because of the hype surrounding it. The writing was pretentious, I object to having to look up words all the time - I am not stupid - and the story a boring lecture on animal rights with not one character I could feel any sympathy with, or indeed find unbelievable. I read for pleasure and this book was dreadfall. I just cannot understand the rave reviews, don't bother would be my advice.

The Detective's Secret (The Detective's Daughter Book 3)
The Detective's Secret (The Detective's Daughter Book 3)

3.0 out of 5 stars Confusing at first, 30 April 2015
I have read the previous books but found this one very confusing, pretty silly, far fetched and weird and was ready to give up a quarter of the way in. I did, however, stick with it as I had already invested a couple of hours in it and eventually found myself quite enjoying the book. I must say I find none of the character's "normal" - if they are based on anyone the author knows she knows some very odd people!

The Cats that Told a Fortune (The Cats that . . . Cozy Mystery Book 3)
The Cats that Told a Fortune (The Cats that . . . Cozy Mystery Book 3)

2.0 out of 5 stars Oh, ha! Ha!, 8 Mar. 2015
Can't believe I read these books but I did so I gave 2 stars for effort! The story lines were so thin and the character's were made of wood! Do real people really speak like that? I am a cat lover and have 4 of them but …oh I could go on but I wasted enough of my time reading them, only because I had nothing else available!

The Tenth Cycle: A Thriller (A Rossler Foundation Mystery Book 1)
The Tenth Cycle: A Thriller (A Rossler Foundation Mystery Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars Ploughed Through, 16 Feb. 2015
No where near the best in this genre. Cetainly won't bother with any more of this series - it bored me to death! At least all the characters had regular meals! Not very constructive I know!

The Good Girl: An addictively suspenseful and gripping thriller
The Good Girl: An addictively suspenseful and gripping thriller

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 7 Feb. 2015
Really enjoyed this book when I got into it but I did work out the ending about a third of the way through. Quite surprised other reviewers didn't see it coming!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4