Profile for A. C. Scott > Reviews

A. C. Scott (Sussex, UK)

Tape Deck Heart [Explicit]
Tape Deck Heart [Explicit]

4.0 out of 5 stars Great songs, but no longer a Wessex Boy, 29 April 2013
I like Frank Turner. England Keep My Bones is one of my favourite albums of recent years. As well as they great tunes, it had a certain 'Englishness' and a theme celebrating life, love and death. Obviously todays Frank Turner is different to the one of 2011, as he has achieved worldwide success (hence the constant reference to hotel rooms!). He seems to have gone from a Wessex Boy to a London Boy (London features a lot lyrically). He's not the upcoming artist of 'Prufrock', so it's hard to see what album he could have made. Many songs are great and instantly hummable and there are some already live favourites in there. It's probably my third favourite Frank Turner album behind England Keep My Bones and Love, Ire and Song.

Minecraft insider game creeper T-Shirt Kids 14 - 15 Years Black / White - 3006t
Minecraft insider game creeper T-Shirt Kids 14 - 15 Years Black / White - 3006t

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fine!, 5 Jan 2013
I bought this for my daughter as she is really obsessed with Minecraft at the moment. The sizing is about right (ie it would fit the age stated). I usually buy bigger for her, as supermarket sizing is usually too small and she has some adult clothes already.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids love everything Minecraft at the moment!, 5 Jan 2013
My daughter loves everything Minecraft and I saw this when browsing on Amazon. It's great for school and she was the first of her friends to have one. The fact that it is personalised makes it even better, so I don't have to keep labelling a bottle for her to take to school. Ordering was very easy and they email you back once you have placed the order to ask what name to put on the bottle. A really good purchase.

Rochdale Voices (Tempus Oral History Series)
Rochdale Voices (Tempus Oral History Series)
by Helen Caffrey

5.0 out of 5 stars A great purchase, 31 Dec 2012
I bought this as a Christmas present for my mum. She is originally from Rochdale and it evoked a lot of memories of the 30s and 40s for her.

Angry Birds Free
Angry Birds Free

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant on KIndle Fire, 31 Dec 2012
This review is from: Angry Birds Free (App)
I already had this on my phone, but it's even better on my new Kindle Fire HD! Trouble is, it is so addictive!

Hidden
Hidden
Offered by Direct Entertainment UK

5.0 out of 5 stars This album could change your life!, 5 April 2011
This review is from: Hidden (Audio CD)
Sometimes an album comes along that is totally at odds with everything you are listening to or have ever heard. Think Unknown Pleasures or Trout Mask Replica. Even if you think those examples are overrated, they are certainly not mainstream (although JD have inspired may copyists). These New Puritans combine classical elements (and instruments) and place them in a thoroughly modern environment. Experimental sounding, yes; dull, no. If you want shepherds pie, then look elsewhere; if you want saltimbocca, this might be for you. It is challenging, because you are not sure where the music is going, but fulfilling. We Want War is an astonishing achievement and some of the rest of the album struggles to achieve its dizzying height. How they follow this up will be one of the stories of 2011!

Total Life Forever
Total Life Forever

5.0 out of 5 stars Do you hate liking things that top the end of year lists?, 5 April 2011
This review is from: Total Life Forever (Audio CD)
I hate liking things that make the top of these end of year lists and this album was near the top of all of them. However, it's a brilliant piece of work with excellent melodies and thoughtful lyrics. Musically it's not ground-breaking, but a huge step up from their debut, which in my opinion was average indie-fodder. They will hate me for saying this, but in some ways they remind me of Snow Patrol, not the music as such, but with their third album they might make the stadium sized breakthrough that Final Straw was. Stand out tracks? Spanish Sahara is obvious, with it's growing magnificence - NME's track of the year. The title track is my favourite, recalling Talking Heads in their prime - really unexpected. Definitely recommend a listen to this album.

New Premium Apple FM Transmitter For Apple iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3G S and Itouch (1st, 2nd & 3rd Gen), Nano's & Classic's (All ipod's) WITH 12 MONTHS WARRANTY Now with remote control
Offered by Opolo Tech

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 1 Mar 2011
I've used a few of these devices before and this one works well. Considering the price, it's a great way to listen to your ipod in the car, if you don't have an input.

Old Moore's Almanack 2010
Old Moore's Almanack 2010
by Francis Moore

4.0 out of 5 stars Great stocking filler!, 29 Oct 2009
OK, so they get it wrong a lot of the time, but it is compelling reading. We all love predictions, whether it's Nostradamus or Old Moore and I am sure that some of things he predicts will come true. Great as a stocking filler for someone who won't take it too seriously.